Trail camera pics, funny or otherwise

$15 in AZ - Limit is one per calendar year - They are over the counter tags and you can hunt them from Sept to May.
 
hogpic.webp

Just north of Columbia SC. First we've seen on our property and haven't seen one again
 
My wife checks a few trail cameras every day when she does a walk with the dog around our property. One day she retrieves a picture of a big cat, and realizes it was taken 3 minutes after she checked the camera the day before. Not good. She walked with gun in hand for several weeks after that. Fortunately our land and most of the surrounding land has been completely cleared of brush since as part of a grant project. Good visibility now where it was solid brush before.
McE is exactly right. Without baiting or using dogs, there’s almost no chance of getting a clean shot on one. I get pictures of at least a half dozen different cats each year, and in my 59 years I have only seen them with my own eyes 5 times. One early morning in the rain it was 2 of them in the yard as I walked out to my truck.
I occasionally get pictures of them in broad daylight. They’re out there, and they’re watching.
CA F&G code states that if they’re pursuing livestock, pets, or people, they can be taken. But good luck convincing F&G. There are WAY more lions than there used to be. When I was young you’d RARELY hear of a livestock kill. Now they are common. A young man that was killed by a lion a few years ago was just 5 miles from my place. His brother was attacked first, and he was killed while fighting the lion off his brother, who got away but was badly injured. When LE arrived, the lion was standing over the body, and they of course dispatched it.
But unfortunately it’ll take a lion to snatch a small child from the schoolyard in a rich neighborhood in the big city to wake people up. It’s only a matter of time.
 
Hawk has something interesting on the ground

1781545714922.webp
 
Meanwhile in Africa yesterday....

1781616645465.webp
 
We'll have to work on it 😜

@McE and all the rest of the pnw guys. Here's your chance!! 🤩
I’m not saying big foot is real, I’m just saying I’ve heard sounds deep in the woods that can’t be explained 😂
 
Back
Top Bottom