Trail camera pics, funny or otherwise

IMG_0090.webp
First lion in a couple months.
 
Neighbor lost another goat…View attachment 248631
Cats love goats. An old buddy of mine was having problems with a big cat terrorizing all the neighbors a few years back. We'll call him T. Lots of pets and livestock had been killed and the state wouldn't do anything. Another buddy of mine was getting rid of some goats so T called him up and asked if he could use one for bait lol. Tied it to a tree and stayed up the next few nights waiting.

t.webp
 
Cats love goats. An old buddy of mine was having problems with a big cat terrorizing all the neighbors a few years back. We'll call him T. Lots of pets and livestock had been killed and the state wouldn't do anything. Another buddy of mine was getting rid of some goats so T called him up and asked if he could use one for bait lol. Tied it to a tree and stayed up the next few nights waiting.

View attachment 248632
Curious, what was his weapon of choice for this?
 
Cats love goats. An old buddy of mine was having problems with a big cat terrorizing all the neighbors a few years back. We'll call him T. Lots of pets and livestock had been killed and the state wouldn't do anything. Another buddy of mine was getting rid of some goats so T called him up and asked if he could use one for bait lol. Tied it to a tree and stayed up the next few nights waiting.

View attachment 248632
Problem around here (or at least in the UP) is that many of them have fashionable collars. Hard to keep the collar moving after taking a photo like this.
 
Curious, what was his weapon of choice for this?
308 bolt gun if I remember right. His original plan was to sit out there with his bow.

T's the kind of guy whose first thought was probably to sit up in the tree with a big ass knife and jump on its back just to make it more personal since it was killing pets. Dude's nuts 😂

Problem around here (or at least in the UP) is that many of them have fashionable collars. Hard to keep the collar moving after taking a photo like this.
Not sure about up there but I know in a lot of places, including Oregon, attacking livestock is generally a green light to kill if you're the landowner or lawful occupant.
 
Problem around here (or at least in the UP) is that many of them have fashionable collars. Hard to keep the collar moving after taking a photo like this.
Leave phone at home.

1. Remove collar
2. Strap collar to cedar log
3. Throw log into creek or river

Go about your business and never talk about cougar club.
 
Leave phone at home.

1. Remove collar
2. Strap collar to cedar log
3. Throw log into creek or river

Go about your business and never talk about cougar club.
Just like the Dutton clan did on Yellowstone 😂
 
Leave phone at home.

1. Remove collar
2. Strap collar to cedar log
3. Throw log into creek or river

Go about your business and never talk about cougar club.
I only said it was hard to do, not impossible. Also didn't look for instructions 😉
 
Cats love goats. An old buddy of mine was having problems with a big cat terrorizing all the neighbors a few years back. We'll call him T. Lots of pets and livestock had been killed and the state wouldn't do anything. Another buddy of mine was getting rid of some goats so T called him up and asked if he could use one for bait lol. Tied it to a tree and stayed up the next few nights waiting.

View attachment 248632
THAT is one big friggin cat!
 
Just like the Dutton clan did on Yellowstone 😂
Yeah, but they let some cameraman film it. Then they made a show. I guess you could say someone talked about cougar club.

BTW, the method works for wolves as well.
 
Last edited:
Cats love goats. An old buddy of mine was having problems with a big cat terrorizing all the neighbors a few years back. We'll call him T. Lots of pets and livestock had been killed and the state wouldn't do anything. Another buddy of mine was getting rid of some goats so T called him up and asked if he could use one for bait lol. Tied it to a tree and stayed up the next few nights waiting.

View attachment 248632
The tail gives me chills to this day.

When my wife was about mid way through her third trimester, we were kindly asked to put a hold on our gym membership (kickboxing gym) because everyone was scared to death of accidentally bumping into her. She was very good about avoiding everyone, but yes, accidents happen so she obliged. Her concern was once she stopped staying active, she wouldn't be able get back into shape. Anyway, we resulted in longer evening hikes with our puppy in the hills behind us.

I'm a hunter here in CA, but mountain lions are a rare thing to see in person, even where they are relatively common. We had been walking and my wife had started to slow in an area that was rather steep, and I happen to hear something from behind us in the brush. About the same time, our corgi started to pull on the leash like a little freight train, which never happens.

My wife asked what it was that spooked the dog, and I casually said it was probably a coyote to keep her calm while I tried to figure it out with the flashlight. We were about 20 minutes from our driveway at this point, so I told her to try and keep up with Peanut to "keep her heartrate up.

I walked behind them, occasionally glancing back to see if whatever it was ended up the other way because it made no other sounds. When we got to the driveway, my wife reminded me that I had to take the garbage out, so I was doing that as they walked in. I heard something again. Raised the flashlight, and just froze in confusion. For a second, I thought the tree from across the road was waving. All I saw was what I could only describe as a firehose waving side to side in slow motion, about 3/4 the width of the tree trunk next to it.

I bought her a treadmill the next day.
 
Cats love goats. An old buddy of mine was having problems with a big cat terrorizing all the neighbors a few years back. We'll call him T. Lots of pets and livestock had been killed and the state wouldn't do anything. Another buddy of mine was getting rid of some goats so T called him up and asked if he could use one for bait lol. Tied it to a tree and stayed up the next few nights waiting.

View attachment 248632

Damn, that’s a nice kitty.

If it’s predating your livestock in Texas, it’s open season and i would have a hard time not standing that guy next to my fireplace.
 
The tail gives me chills to this day.

When my wife was about mid way through her third trimester, we were kindly asked to put a hold on our gym membership (kickboxing gym) because everyone was scared to death of accidentally bumping into her. She was very good about avoiding everyone, but yes, accidents happen so she obliged. Her concern was once she stopped staying active, she wouldn't be able get back into shape. Anyway, we resulted in longer evening hikes with our puppy in the hills behind us.

I'm a hunter here in CA, but mountain lions are a rare thing to see in person, even where they are relatively common. We had been walking and my wife had started to slow in an area that was rather steep, and I happen to hear something from behind us in the brush. About the same time, our corgi started to pull on the leash like a little freight train, which never happens.

My wife asked what it was that spooked the dog, and I casually said it was probably a coyote to keep her calm while I tried to figure it out with the flashlight. We were about 20 minutes from our driveway at this point, so I told her to try and keep up with Peanut to "keep her heartrate up.

I walked behind them, occasionally glancing back to see if whatever it was ended up the other way because it made no other sounds. When we got to the driveway, my wife reminded me that I had to take the garbage out, so I was doing that as they walked in. I heard something again. Raised the flashlight, and just froze in confusion. For a second, I thought the tree from across the road was waving. All I saw was what I could only describe as a firehose waving side to side in slow motion, about 3/4 the width of the tree trunk next to it.

I bought her a treadmill the next day.
Kitty cat was watching your snack on a leash! You will generally only see or hear them on their terms, but sometimes you'll hear them chirping in the distance.

I buy a cougar tag every year just in case I ever get an opportunity, but they are borderline impossible to hunt without dogs. We live on the outskirts of town and we've had cougars stalking kids at least twice over the last 10 years or so. Maybe 100yds from my front door, there was one in a tree watching my kids play on the neighbor's trampoline 2-3 years ago. Lots of pet cats went missing in the neighborhood. State contractor finally came in with dogs and shot two of them about 1/2 mile away. That's the only way to effectively hunt them, but us lowly peasants don't get to join the fun - we just get to deal with the consequences of severe over-population.
 
Back
Top Bottom