Tire Pressure

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 34
What tire pressures are you running on your Tremor for on road use? Suggested is 60F/65R.

38x13.5r20 Nitto trail grapplers, 55 front 59 rear.

Suggested is 60F/65R
To clarify, when you say “suggested” is that what’s on the door sticker?

I ask because 65 would be a 10 psi drop from the 22MY door sticker, which is significant.

I'm sure @Modman or @ccw can link to the plethora of threads already on this topic.

60f/65r is what the non Tremor 250's have been, at least with 20" wheels. Never really understood why it was different (higher) on the F250 Tremors.

Interesting... My 22 F250 Tremor is 60F/70R
Hmmm, they seem to be all over the place.

Mine is a '22 F350 and it's 60F/75R.

Also, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing 20s/21s having 80 as the rear tire pressure.

So Ford started at 80, went down to 75 and 70 with some, and is now at 65.... Lol the '25 MY Tremor's are going to be running 40!

Also, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing 20s/21s having 80 as the rear tire pressure.

So Ford started at 80, went down to 75 and 70 with some, and is now at 65.... Lol the '25 MY Tremor's are going to be running 40!
Wheel options? I have the stock Tremor wheel.

Correct. I created a summary of this here:

I will have to add a new column for the 23s...

I've noticed three different approaches to tire pressure:
- front lower than rear
- front and rear equal (lower pressures in both)
- front higher than rear

For those who run the rear with more pressure when unloaded, is there a rationale for this approach (aside from not having to add air for those who tow or carry loads with some regularity)?

Having more pressure in the rear tires makes sense if you're towing or carrying a load and that the other approaches would improve ride quality.

I've noticed three different approaches to tire pressure:
- front lower than rear
- front and rear equal (lower pressures in both)
- front higher than rear

For those who run the rear with more pressure when unloaded, is there a rationale for this approach (aside from not having to add air for those who tow or carry loads with some regularity)?

Having more pressure in the rear tires makes sense if you're towing or carrying a load and that the other approaches would improve ride quality.
Concur for Diesel especially. 7.3 may be equal tps....I weighed my truck on Ag Truck scales, rear axle first, then while truck and then did the calculations based off of tire specs. I actually should have the unloaded rears at 32 and fronts at 49 in my HO, for an unladen truck.

45F/40R on 4.5" Carli Pintop w/Nitto RG 37x12.5-18. I worked my way down from much higher and this felt like a good spot--very happy with the ride.

Each Tire is different as to what tire pressure it should be at based on weight of vehicle and it's load. Go to Toyo and look up the Load and Inflation Tables based on your tire. You do the math.

Your stated tire pressure may be great for Your tire and Load combo, but not for someone else with a different tire and a different load.

I have had a 2015 Diesel, F-350 since new with Toyo AT2s and now AT3s. 295/65/20 with an E Rating with a Max psi of 80. I run 60/55 Psi and have never been close to ever hauling a max load.

I have a new 2024 Tremor 7.3L on order and will install 37/12.50/18s (65 Max psi) and will most likely run 50/45 psi or close to.

Most have too much tire pressure most of the time. (Unloaded for the most part) I see many vehicles where the tire tread sides don't even touch the ground. Ever! This will cause excessive wear on the center of the tread, and, have a much smaller contact patch and Not be a very comfortable ride.

I paid for the Whole Tire, I want to use the whole tire. I will inflate my tires according to load, not what the sticker on the door says.

Question on TPMS - my truck was delivered with 50psi all around, but it sounds like most owners get a dashboard warning at that pressure. Understanding that models and model years differ in recommended pressure, is there a consistent amount under the door sticker when the warning light goes on? My recommended pressures are 60f/65r. Just curious how low I can go before needing to fool with forscan.

I’m also wondering if my dealer changed the threshold already, since they delivered the truck at 10/15 under the sticker.

Question on TPMS - my truck was delivered with 50psi all around, but it sounds like most owners get a dashboard warning at that pressure. Understanding that models and model years differ in recommended pressure, is there a consistent amount under the door sticker when the warning light goes on? My recommended pressures are 60f/65r. Just curious how low I can go before needing to fool with forscan.

I’m also wondering if my dealer changed the threshold already, since they delivered the truck at 10/15 under the sticker.
As I mentioned earlier, I've been running below the threshold on the TPMS for over 80,000 miles. The only thing that happens is a small warning light on the dash, which I don't even notice anymore, and at startup I get a window on the dash that tells me the tire pressures. I like this. Every start I get the message and I'm currently running 55 front and 50 rear, unloaded. 50 front and 45 rear also works well. When towing I raise it to 55 front and 60 rear. in very heavy loads at or above the max the truck disrated for, I go up to about 70 in the rear and 60 in the front. At 80 PSI, the tires are rated for over 4,000 lbs each. Sheesh. It's also interesting to notice how much the pressure goes up from the cold pressure to the warm pressure after driving a while. Seems like 5-10 psi increase is normal.

Back