Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

Hahahaha. Ok…. So how is it? I have 18 y/o Knob Creek and Elijah Craig but never tried the Whistle Pig…. What’s the proof point? My general beef with 18 yr bourbons is they water them down too much…
Don’t drink bourbon/whiskey, but bought several bottles of Whistlepig 12 at Christmas for partners and they all loved it. Apparently some of them are connoisseurs like you guys and say it’s a good bottle. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On this page, yes, but the Bowmore on the next page is, well...🤪

View attachment 153533
If you’re gonna spend 50+ on a pour make it something special. Last really expensive pour I had was William Larue Weller around $50 and yes it was worth it.

Hahahaha. Ok…. So how is it? I have 18 y/o Knob Creek and Elijah Craig but never tried the Whistle Pig…. What’s the proof point? My general beef with 18 yr bourbons is they water them down too much…
I think it's overrated. 100 proof.

Last edited:
Ok everyone, which one would you get? @TRAMPER?

View attachment 153526
That's a solid list. Personally, I'd suggest the following in no particular order:
- Four Gate
- Elijah Craig Single Barrel
- Widow Jane or Rare Perfection 14 if you want something sweet.
- Very Old St. Nick Harvest

If you’re gonna spend 50+ on a pour make it something special. Last really expensive pour I had was William Larue Weller around $50 and yes it was worth it.

WRL has been the best pour of whiskey (or any spirit for that matter) that I’ve ever had. Straight up phenomenal.

01C64F93-09C6-4573-B2B8-CD9E9F976A4C.jpeg

Not really the apples/oranges comparison some might think. 👍

I believe we find ourselves now in a golden age of bourbon and rye. Every new small batch that I pick up seems to have its own merits and is pretty darn tasty.

I fear one day reminiscing on "the day" when great bourbon and rye were plentiful.

Until that day, cheers!
🥃🥃

Went to Total Wine yesterday, always a mistake. I was forced to purchase a bottle of Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby 150th Edition, Jeffersons Reserve single barrel, and Bulleit's hand select single barrel. I could have a problem, Bourbon Deficiency 🤒🥃:p

After the first official Las Vegas Tremor owner meetup last night, @Optimus and myself joined my wife at a bourbon bar. We had an amazing time and I can officially confirm to this group that he doesn’t run on gas or diesel….that guy runs on straight ethanol! Here’s a pic of some of the bottles that got pulled off the shelf for our enjoyment.

IMG_9854.jpeg

After the first official Las Vegas Tremor owner meetup last night, @Optimus and myself joined my wife at a bourbon bar. We had an amazing time and I can officially confirm to this group that he doesn’t run on gas or diesel….that guy runs on straight ethanol! Here’s a pic of some of the bottles that got pulled off the shelf for our enjoyment.

View attachment 154006
Wow…. 🤯

View attachment 154006
@Sludgemonkey44 knows his stuff! If I'm running on straight ethanol, I don't know what he's running on 🤪. Amazing time for sure. Check out the following list:

1000008746.jpg

We had to watch ourselves though; thank goodness Breitling was there to save us.

1000008749.jpg

Finally jumping into this discussion. I have many fav’s but my easy to find go to is Woodford Reserve. Double Oaked is the better choice as it’s much smoother but the regular is good too. Have also enjoyed a bottle or 2 of Penelope, Russels, etc.
I planned ahead for a visit to my Son in CO this past week. Brought a bag I can check and found some goodies I can’t get in NC.
Fingers crossed on the baggage handling! 2 bottles didn’t make it into the bag but he’s PCS’ing east this Summer so they should be in good hands as I’ve added to his HHG’s!

Attachments

• IMG_9045.jpeg
    IMG_9045.jpeg
    444 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9047.jpeg
    IMG_9047.jpeg
    573.9 KB · Views: 25
This weekend was an expensive one... Was able to get my hands on a bottle of Old Fitzgerald 10 year, Russel Reserve 13 year, Remus Gatsby Reserve, and also got myself a 2nd bottle of High West Midwinter Nights Dram. Was able to talk the store owner down on price to about a 33% reduction from what he wanted for these bottles. Paid a bit more for the Old Fitzgerald than I probably should have, but this is the first time I've seen one locally so was willing to go a little higher on price.

View attachment 154006

WOW EH Taylor Wearhouse C! 🤯🤯

And WLW is one of my all time favorites!! 🥃👍👍👍

WOW EH Taylor Wearhouse C! 🤯🤯

And WLW is one of my all time favorites!! 🥃👍👍👍
Yeah, tell me about. You should've seen the bill. If it weren't for @Sludgemonkey44, I would've had to finance it 🤣. TOTM winners don't mess around.

Back