Rubber style bed mats

I have a 40-quart Engle cooler (similar to Yeti, less expensive) and slides in and out just fine, but at the same time, the rubber is somewhat grippy to keep things from sliding around. The "rubber" (PU) is very stiff and durable, does not bind or fold when sliding things across it. It has a dense moulded foam backing which fits into the grooves on the bed and tailgate and with the spray in liner from Ford and Velcro kit included with the mat, it does not move in the bed.

This mat is not easily removable since it sits so solid on the bed with the Velcro, it holds very well, but if I need to remove it, it's possible. The Velcro actually sticks to the Ford spray in lining when installed per the instructions, though I have not tried to remove it yet. I'll know if/when that time comes. 😑I guess you could also opt to not use the Velcro in the bed but required to stay on the tailgate. The mesh screen may also move a bit if you do not anchor the bed side, at least at the trailing edge, though there is no sewn in Velcro patch on the liner at the tail edge. (You would have to improvise.)
Placed my order this afternoon!

I tried searching and didn’t find a whole lot. What rubber style bed mat is everyone using? I was looking at the Husky one, but was curious what everyone had experience with. Thanks.
I have the husky one. I like it. No complaints.

That's the one I have considered. The FAQ's on the Rough Country site say that it won't fit correctly with spray in bedliner, do either of you have the spray in liner with that mat?
Works just fine over spray in liner.

We got the Husky rubber mat for our 2022 short bed, fits perfect

Any of these rubber mats come precut for the factory gooseneck prep?

I don’t believe so. But they are easy to roll up out of the way when needed. I got it because the puck system covers aren’t very robust. So this protects those and can be moved out of the way when I need the goose/5th wheel

See post #28. Easy enough to do yourself with a hole saw and good drill.

I had a rubber bed mat in my GMC for 34 years. It was great. I have one in my 21 and I am happy with it so far. It keeps stuff from sliding and it protects the bed. It is heavy enough that it doesn't blow out. Easy pezy.

Sorry for the thread hijack- but what side rack system is that? I'm already thinking of all the stuff I could mount (fire extinguisher, hatchet, folding shovel, etc)
They're from Built right industries. Very well made, lots of options.
https://builtrightind.com/

On this one, I don’t think there is a wrong answer. They are all good enough

I did have to hunt for a mat for the 8 foot bed. They are not plentiful.

I ordered a rough country on 3/7 not shipped yet . i may cancel and try another .

Ford here. Used my ford pass points for it and the passenger cargo box

Ordered the Ford bed mat when I ordered the truck. Fits great. Easy on the knees

Another husky mat user here. I have zero complaints.

does anyone know the difference between the two Ford bed mats? Besides the price. here are the part numbers, description and price:
Ford Part No.: VHC3Z-99112A15-A IMPACT BED MAT FOR 6.75' BED $249

Ford Part No.: HC3Z-99112A15-A SUPER DUTY 2017-2024 BED MAT FOR 6.75' BED $180

does anyone know the difference between the two Ford bed mats? Besides the price. here are the part numbers, description and price:
Ford Part No.: VHC3Z-99112A15-A IMPACT BED MAT FOR 6.75' BED $249

Ford Part No.: HC3Z-99112A15-A SUPER DUTY 2017-2024 BED MAT FOR 6.75' BED $180
The impact mat is made by Bedrug. At 3/4" I believe it is thicker than the standard mat. I couldn't quickly find the spec on the other Ford mat but they are typically 3/8" or 1/2" rubber. So you are paying for more material...

The impact mat is made by Bedrug. At 3/4" I believe it is thicker than the standard mat. I couldn't quickly find the spec on the other Ford mat but they are typically 3/8" or 1/2" rubber. So you are paying for more material...

thanks for the clarification.

Back