- OP 🔹
- #61
Go figure! Why do things always seem to work that way?Nice!
Funny enough I'm pretty sure my truck will arrive at the dealer this week amd I'm currently several states away.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Go figure! Why do things always seem to work that way?Nice!
Funny enough I'm pretty sure my truck will arrive at the dealer this week amd I'm currently several states away.
Hmm, looks interesting. Grease guns are the bane of my existence when it comes to tools. I almost find it easier to buy a new one each time I need to lube the axels on the trailer as it never fails that I have a nice red puddle of goo underneath where my grease guns stores....At a bare minimum you need a grease gun (any grease gun) with appropriate grease. The Ford official grease for the front end is:
With those two things you can grease the front end. Of note, lots of folks use lower-quality grease with success. But obviously your mileage may vary and a Ford engineer somewhere will frown every time you grease your truck.
Lock-N-Lube is a brand that is most known for their grease gun tip that locks onto the fitting. Means you don't have to hold pressure on the fitting and, if properly attached, won't pop off and have grease going everywhere. They also sell a bunch of other greasing accessories and their own grease guns.
![]()
LockNLube® Official Website
LockNLube sells the world's best tools and equipment to make machine maintenance faster, easier, and cleaner.locknlube.com
Lube-Shuttle is a German company that did their own take on the grease gun by making the grease cartridges resealable, and easily changed without mess. The grease they sell is also known to be high quality, and the Li400 I have linked in my maintenance post is their highest quality grease. It's a direct replacement for the Motorcraft grease, but can be used in almost any application.
AirTec Lube Shuttle Grease Guns and Grease
AirTec Lube Shuttle ® Grease Guns and Grease eliminate the mess and headaches of greasing. No air gap, no leaking grease, no problems. Made in Germanylube-shuttle.us
Here's the kit I got:
![]()
Lube-Shuttle®: Travel Trailer Greasing Kit
The Travel Trailer Greasing Kit is specifically designed to accommodate greasing travel trailers. The AirTec Fleet Guard grease included in the Travel Trailer Greasing Kit meets the requirements for greasing trailer axles, suspension points, 5th wheel balls/plates, and the drive shafts and...advancedenginetech.com
While I can't speak from experience yet, it sure does seem like the Lube-Shuttle system will prevent exactly that.Hmm, looks interesting. Grease guns are the bane of my existence when it comes to tools. I almost find it easier to buy a new one each time I need to lube the axels on the trailer as it never fails that I have a nice red puddle of goo underneath where my grease guns stores....
While I can't speak from experience yet, it sure does seem like the Lube-Shuttle system will prevent exactly that.
www.aev-conversions.com
Can you post some details on the specific products? I like those red bags for straps and stuff.I also swapped over stuff from my old truck to my new truck. The storage under the back seat is amazing, and definitely fits a lot, though I still have more stuff I need to find a home for. Of note, I still don’t have a spot for my ratchet straps and bungee cords, nor my socket set or tire patch kit. Will figure those out with time.
Here’s a shot of everything under the back seat. From top to bottom:
To the right of the main row of stuff:
- ViaAir 450p air compressor.
- SafeJack 6 ton bottle jack with extensions and base plate.
- Husky tool bag with some basic hand tools, tape, spare fuses, test light, multimeter, etc.
- LED road flares (x2).
- First aid kit (not super happy with this location as it’s not terribly quick access; will want to figure something else out long-term but it works for now).
Not seen in the picture, I have a couple of blankets behind the 40% rear seat. Also removed the factory bottle jack since I have the Safe Jack instead.
- Jumper cables
- Battery jump pack
- Small, short tow rope
- Funnel
View attachment 34381
Yep, sure thing!Can you post some details on the specific products? I like those red bags for straps and stuff.
Edit* Ah nvm, looks like twinkle star, husky, and Smitty built. I get an F for reading/zooming in on photo. Carry on!
safejacks.com
safejacks.com
Thank you! Going to add these to my list and for my wife's truck. I have nothing under my rear seat except for some old jumpers, gloves, n95s, and ratchet straps.Yep, sure thing!
LED flares (in the hard cases) are these:
The red bag next to them is a generic Husky tool bag from Home Depot from a while ago. Walked in, found a bag that appeared to be the right size for my needs and bought it. Don't know the specific size.
The red bag next to that is my Safe Jack bottle jack kit. This is the specific kit I got:
![]()
Safe Jack 6-Ton Bottle Jack Recovery Kit (With Jack)
Lift with total confidence. This comprehensive Bottle Jack Recovery Kit includes a heavy-duty 6-ton jack and premium safety extensions.safejacks.com
This is the bag on its own:
![]()
Safe Jack 12" Heavy Duty Canvas Gear Bag
Organize your recovery gear with the 12" Heavy-Duty Safe Jack Canvas Bag. A durable, zippered storage solution built to withstand trail wear.safejacks.com
And next to that is the ViaAir 450p (I believe what you identified as Smitty built?). The bag came with the compressor.
![]()
450P Automatic Portable Compressor
VIAIR’s 450P Automatic Portable Compressor is quick and powerful enough to service commercial vehicles like tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers easily.www.viaircorp.com
No problem! Glad to help.Thank you! Going to add these to my list and for my wife's truck. I have nothing under my rear seat except for some old jumpers, gloves, n95s, and ratchet straps.
Dropping the pressures seems to have eliminated all wandering for me, despite only having 130 miles on it at this point.
I also thought it was very strange to have such a small single light in such a large, open area.And last random update post tonight, to document something I just noticed after making my last post:
The rear dome light has a single bulb right in the middle. Despite that, there’s a button on each side of it to turn it on - one for each rear passenger. This kind of makes sense I guess, though still a little weird.
But the really weird part is the behavior of those buttons. Rather than acting as a single button (press one to turn it on, the other will turn it off) they act independently. If you turn it on with one button it must also be turned off with that button.
However, if the light is already on and you press the button that wasn’t used to turn it on, the light gets slightly brighter.
This isn’t a problem, or even a flaw. Just an interesting quirk that would have been solved by either having two independent lights or a single button.![]()
Yep, two lights would have made a ton of sense. But I was mainly baffled by the mismatch in switches and lights. Feels like those should at least be equal, regardless of how many lights/switches.I also thought it was very strange to have such a small single light in such a large, open area.
And last random update post tonight, to document something I just noticed after making my last post:
The rear dome light has a single bulb right in the middle. Despite that, there’s a button on each side of it to turn it on - one for each rear passenger. This kind of makes sense I guess, though still a little weird.
But the really weird part is the behavior of those buttons. Rather than acting as a single button (press one to turn it on, the other will turn it off) they act independently. If you turn it on with one button it must also be turned off with that button.
However, if the light is already on and you press the button that wasn’t used to turn it on, the light gets slightly brighter.
This isn’t a problem, or even a flaw. Just an interesting quirk that would have been solved by either having two independent lights or a single button.![]()