Got the missing wiring adapters in from Diode Dynamics the other day. Thanks,
@Nick@ApolloOptics for working with Diode Dynamics to get them shipped out! Turns out it was a limited packaging issue on Diode Dynamic’s end; no big deal.
I should note they arrived earlier but I was out of the country for a bit there and thus didn’t get them till this week.
As a result, I was able to finally finish installing the fog lights today!
Further emphasizing the not-terribly-custom nature of the install, there are no zip ties provided in the packaging, nor any instructions on how to stow the wires. There’s notably more length than factory. A small thing, to be sure, but still something to have to deal with.
Here’s what I wound up with:
View attachment 128009
The wires are looped back and zip tied to the factory wire, which is held in place by clips.
Another note: it’s possible to connect the adapter to the factory wire in reverse polarity. Doesn’t appear to have done any damage at all, just meant the light didn’t turn on. Swapped the polarity and the light lit up immediately.
Friendly reminder to test your wiring before buttoning everything up.
Went for a drive tonight now that it’s dark, and I’m impressed! Well worth the price I paid for my needs. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Baja Designs setup gives a better pattern and/or more light output, but this is fantastic at 1/4 the price while maintaining a factory look.
First of all, these are immediately and extremely noticeable when you turn them on. Compared to the factory fog lights that’s a huge win already.
Second, for the pattern, they broadcast a very wide angle, illuminating out to 180 degrees (or close enough to) from the front of the truck. It’s pretty impressive, and they have no issues illuminating the ditches or fields off to each side.
Lastly, they blend in well with the factory LED headlights. I happened to nail the angle such that they fill in directly in front of the truck, where the headlights don’t hit all that well, and they don’t cast any light higher than the factory headlights. Additionally, they add a notable amber tint to all of the main lighting, which should make it cut into fog/rain/snow better.
I’ll need to wait for some inclement weather to really test them, but I’m extremely pleased with the performance upon first impression. And the install issues are minor.
With the limited experience I have with them so far, I absolutely recommend this package if you don’t need crazy high performance lighting.