This weekend a new toy showed up for Shadowfax: Weigh Safe hitch! Purchased through none other than
@Nick@ApolloOptics here on the forum, of course.
View attachment 51683
I've been doing some miscellaneous towing recently and had to borrow a hitch from a friend, so I knew I needed to get a permanent solution for Shadowfax. Here's what I went with:
- Weigh Safe 2.5" shank
- 8" drop
- Steel - purely to be able to run the pintle adapter. I would have far preferred the weight savings of aluminum, but the pintle adapter isn't compatible.
- All three ball sizes: 2 5/16", 2", and 1 7/8".
- Pintle adapter.
- Keyed-alike locking pins.
This thing is a beast. It weighs an absolute ton, but seems extremely well built.
So I have somewhere to store it, I've now ordered a Pelican case with custom foam. That will keep all the bits together. Specifically I've ordered the 1550 protector case.
View attachment 51687
View attachment 51686
The custom foam site is really cool, though a bit tedious. Probably took me an hour to get everything dialed in. Also pro-tip: purchase the case on the main Pelican site, not with the foam. If you purchase it with the foam it skyrockets the shipping cost, but on the main site shipping for the case is free.
Links: