Juggernaut, Talon, or Asfir skid plate?

Anyone tried Juggernaut’s fuel tank plate? Be curious if it fits with the larger aftermarket tanks that allow you to reuse the factory plate.
 
Is it easy enough for one person to do in the driveway? Or more of two person type of job?
Two people is preferred 🤪.
 
I did juggernaut right before thks giv since they about 40min from me. No issues, 1 man install.
 
Anyone tried Juggernaut’s fuel tank plate? Be curious if it fits with the larger aftermarket tanks that allow you to reuse the factory plate.
I talked with Juggernaut today and they are developing a skid plate for the S&B 60 gallon but aren't quite sure when it will be released.
 
Anyone tried Juggernaut’s fuel tank plate? Be curious if it fits with the larger aftermarket tanks that allow you to reuse the factory plate.
wouldn't be surprised if you called them & if they don't already make one for it, they would
 
Is it easy enough for one person to do in the driveway? Or more of two person type of job?
I did it by myself, without lifting the truck up, and it took about an hour. A second person and/or taking the time to put the truck on jack stands would make it even easier. Sometimes I'm too stubborned to for my own good.
 
Last edited:
I went with the Juggernaut Engine/Transmission/Transfer case skid plate and may also end up doing the ASFIR Steering Rod Skid Plate (if I do I will end up powdercoating it).

IMG_1012.webp
 
Does anyone have a 23+ factory skid plate for a 6.7 they have removed and wanted a little cash for? I just bought the S&B 60 gallon tank and I'm sure all of you are well aware I don't have a Tremor or FX4 so it didn't come with them. Not sure I want to wait for the Juggernaut.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone have a 23+ factory skid plate for a 6.7 they have removed and wanted a little cash for? I just bought the S&B 60 gallon tank and I'm sure all of you are well aware I don't have a Tremor or FX4 so it didn't come with them. Not sure I want to wait for the Juggernaut.
Anyone? Anyone?
 
Anyone? Anyone?
I don't think there is an aftermarket option for the fuel tank skid plate, so most folks probably arn't removing the stock one.
The skid plates discussed in this thread are for the drivetrain components and unfortunately do not cover the fuel tank.
Like others, I used the stock one with spacers on my 60 gallon tank. If they made a beefier one, I would probably upgrade.
 
Apparently there are several aftermarket skid plates for the fuel tanks. Both Juggernaut and ASFIR make one, but it looks like they are for the stock tanks only.
I do not see an aftermarket one for the 60 gallon tank.
Maybe someone upgraded to one of these and would give you their old plate? I am not sure what shipping costs are, but it looks like you can pick one up from a local dealer for a few hundred dollars. They seem to be between $275 and $400 depending on the dealer.
 
Apparently there are several aftermarket skid plates for the fuel tanks. Both Juggernaut and ASFIR make one, but it looks like they are for the stock tanks only.
I do not see an aftermarket one for the 60 gallon tank.
Maybe someone upgraded to one of these and would give you their old plate? I am not sure what shipping costs are, but it looks like you can pick one up from a local dealer for a few hundred dollars. They seem to be between $275 and $400 depending on the dealer.
Right, that’s what I’m asking: has anyone upgraded their factory 34 tank skid plate and want to sell and ship the take-off? I don’t want to buy one new from the dealer because I’d rather wait and buy a better one for a similar price. If someone has one for $100-200 all-in I’d do that. Thanks for the reply.
 
For those running aftermarket engine, transmission, and steering stabilizer skid plates please weigh in. I am looking at the Juggernaut and ASFIR.
I pull a 5th wheel and am curious about transmission heat buildup.
Full disclosure, I poked a hole in my 2024 transmission by running over a large stick!
I want to protect against this in the future.
 
For those running aftermarket engine, transmission, and steering stabilizer skid plates please weigh in. I am looking at the Juggernaut and ASFIR.
I pull a 5th wheel and am curious about transmission heat buildup.
Full disclosure, I poked a hole in my 2024 transmission by running over a large stick!
I want to protect against this in the future.
I have not noticed any issues with my Juggernaut and pulling a trailer. Temps remained the same for me.
 
I have not noticed any issues with my Juggernaut and pulling a trailer. Temps remained the same for me.
Same here - I have the Juggernaut and I have not seen any difference in trans temps, even when I am towing. Unloaded my trans is 200-210° and loaded it is 210-220°. The highest I have ever seen it is 226°. That was in the middle of summer, towing my trailer, doing 70 mph up a 5 mile long 7% slope through the mountains.
 
Back
Top Bottom