I have a disease. (Yet another Battery Powertool thread)

There have been some wicked deals in the last month. Credit card is hurtin'.

IMG_4134.webp
 
Anyone else?

I wonder what the most popular powertool brand here is.

Maybe a poll is in order.
That's a really interesting question. I'd guess Milwaukee for general power tools, Sthil for chain saws, not sure if Snap-on is still as popular or if Matco or Icon are considered better now.
 
Twice a year one of my suppliers throw a party. It's great. Free food, drinks.. Vendor tables.

Milwaukee exclusive shop so they bring a BIG trailer full of demos for the event.

Pricing is usually 20-25% off retail. I would not have paid full price for this, but the portability of it over other systems for just the truck make the $4,500 worth it.

I can use it at home, on the job, and I know if it falls off the tailgate a time or 2, it'll survive...
That's a huge selling point to me as I am in the construction world, and we push our tools hard.

The small one I have retails at about $5,500. The 6K Version I could have gotten for $6,800ish.. but its 200 fricken pounds!! I'm too old for that schtuff. :LOL:
 
Which site was this?

Share the luv.
Pretty sure it's home depot, ace, and whatever other distributors (electrical suppliers, etc.) that sell Milwaukee. I usually just go to home depot because they give me 10% coupons faster than I can use them.
 
I've been red since the 14.4v ni-cad days. I used Ryobi for the 1/4" impact because they beat Milwaukee to the market with it in the 18v ni-cad era. It did the job, but I bought the Milwaukee as soon as it was available. There are so many Red tools that I don't have.
 
I got the M12 Fuel Insider ratchet a couple of months ago...
I picked that up 6 or 12 months ago. Highly recommend it. Don't use it often, but for restricted clearance, it can't be beat
 
Which site was this?

Share the luv.
As stated, HD mainly for me but Woot also had some great deals with an extra 10% off their already reduced prices but it is expired now. https://tools.woot.com/plus/need-my-milwaukee

I am all red for 12v.

I run Makita for 18v but have mixed reviews. I have broken 3 drills in the last few years. Hex driver impact is great. 1/2" impact is good but weighs a ton. Leaf blower is goat for fire tending while cold weather camping. 18v chainsaw and weed wacker, meh.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom