I have a disease. (Yet another Battery Powertool thread)

Velvet Elvis

Pauper of the Platinum club.
Joined
Nov 24, 2025
Messages
1,263
Reaction Points
2,674
Location
2 miles high in CO
Current Ride #1
'26 HO dizzle my nizzle
Current Ride #2
Kato Kaelin Bronco
An addiction.

I need help.
e31597b4-6bb3-45df-be1f-33c0920191b6.webp


If it says Milwaukee, I'm powerless to resist
 
Anyone else?

I wonder what the most popular powertool brand here is.

Maybe a poll is in order.
 
Anyone else?

I wonder what the most popular powertool brand here is.

Maybe a poll is in order.
I also have a problem.... But, I have steered clear of pack out. One day I might falter, but for now I am holding strong. I could be your sponsor, maybe, probably, I don't know, surely there's someone more qualified....



Just got a $179 caulk gun day before yesterday , came with a free battery 😃😃😃
 
Anyone else?

I wonder what the most popular powertool brand here is.

Maybe a poll is in order.
I remember a poll about this a while ago, but I can’t find the thread. I do remember that Milwaukee was the brand that most people had.
 
My disease is yellow in color, not red, but just as powerful and difficult to overcome
 
I also have a problem.... But, I have steered clear of pack out. One day I might falter, but for now I am holding strong. I could be your sponsor, maybe, probably, I don't know, surely there's someone more qualified....



Just got a $179 caulk gun day before yesterday , came with a free battery 😃😃😃
The batteries are usually more than That. you scored a great deal!

This thing is s giant battery inverter.

2.5 lwh
 
My disease is yellow in color, not red, but just as powerful and difficult to overcome
I have both, use both, and love both but they work differently in different ways.

For some applications, I like Milwaukee better. For those others, Dewalt is the way to go.

One thing is for sure, most of our stuff is becoming red the more I look at it and its hard not to. I think Milwaukee has a leading edge in tools and technology right now. Every time I turn around, there is something else battery powered and its none other than Milwaukee.

Their M12 stubby impact 3/8" drive-- talk about packing a punch! Holy grail does that thing kick ass and take names for being a stubby litte thang on a fist sized battery!

I still don't have their air compressor but a buddy gave me a demo and for being a battery powered air unit, it's hard not to have that thing around as a spare, for a few hundred bucks.

Their Forge Cooled batteries are bar-none, really squeezing every bit of performance out of power tools. They do exactly what they promise, unlike other brands that may last but lose power as soon as they start running low on juice.

I also really like their powered racthets they released earlier in the year. I got me a pair of those both in 3/8" and 1/2" drive and they are some torquey SoBee's plus super compatct. My uncle who is a heavy diesel mechanic is also starting to really like this Milwaukee lineup and much more affordable than the bank draining Snap-on stuff.
 
Milwaukee all the way. That looks like 120v power pack. Tell us about it. I think I need one. 🙂
Well, my local material supplier had a pro day.

The Milwaukee trailer was being powered by one of these.

Guy said $1,000 off msrp.

I said order it up!

This one is 2.5kwh.
It's 110lbs.

They have a 6kwh brain, but it's over 200 lbs.

I wanted to be able to get it in and out of the truck by myself, so i made the better decision i hope.
 
Their M12 stubby impact 3/8" drive-- talk about packing a punch! Holy grail does that thing kick ass and take names for being a stubby litte thang on a fist sized battery!
How well does it retain the socket? I like to hang an impact on my belt so I can run sockets for my fittings and bit drivers but that makes it end up too "deep" to fit into tight spaces sometimes. I hate being 30' up a ladder and drop a socket because I catch the edge of it on something.
 
How well does it retain the socket? I like to hang an impact on my belt so I can run sockets for my fittings and bit drivers but that makes it end up too "deep" to fit into tight spaces sometimes. I hate being 30' up a ladder and drop a socket because I catch the edge of it on something.
I'll have to get back to you on that but just from busting lug nuts loose doing rotations, they seem to stay on from raising it from the ground and onto the nuts. It probably helps that 3/8 impact sockets aren't as heavy as 1/2" sockets.
 
I'll have to get back to you on that but just from busting lug nuts loose doing rotations, they seem to stay on from raising it from the ground and onto the nuts. It probably helps that 3/8 impact sockets aren't as heavy as 1/2" sockets.
Yeah, the big boy 1/2" one drops sockets pretty easily
 
I got the M12 Fuel Insider ratchet a couple of months ago. It is awesome in tight quarters and has the length to break fasteners loose manually. With the low profile sockets you have massive flexibility to adjust spacing with extensions and regular sockets. It is pricey but totally worth it.

 
I got the M12 Fuel Insider ratchet a couple of months ago. It is awesome in tight quarters and has the length to break fasteners loose manually. With the low profile sockets you have massive flexibility to adjust spacing with extensions and regular sockets. It is pricey but totally worth it.

This needs to be added to my collection of tools, indeed.

Might not do powered (just yet) but definitely a standard box ratchet is missing in my toolbox.
 
Back
Top Bottom