Heated seats not turning on with remote start

Ok I want to add a little more here. I just went and remote started my truck(from remote) the seats do heat but it’s barely noticeable they aren’t hot by any means. Also this was a full remote start(15 mins). If you guys are remote starting and expecting hot seats after 5 mins I’d say you’re not going to get it. If you want them hotter I’d say adjust the low temperature setting via forscan for your seats. I may try this if I have time this weekend. I need to adjust my fusion seats down they are almost unbearable hot so maybe I’ll do both at some point this weekend

Ok I want to add a little more here. I just went and remote started my truck(from remote) the seats do heat but it’s barely noticeable they aren’t hot by any means. Also this was a full remote start(15 mins). If you guys are remote starting and expecting hot seats after 5 mins I’d say you’re not going to get it. If you want them hotter I’d say adjust the low temperature setting via forscan for your seats. I may try this if I have time this weekend. I need to adjust my fusion seats down they are almost unbearable hot so maybe I’ll do both at some point this weekend
That was my take as well with my experiment. The seats felt like they were on the lowest setting, not cold but certainly not warmed up like you would expect them to be. Also I think sitting on the seat transfers the heat to the surface better. When not in the truck the inner workings of the seat are probably getting warmer than the surface itself since the air in the cab is quite cold and the surface heat probably dissipates quickly. I really don't have a problem with the current setup. I'm just leaving it on Last Used. I like determining what comes on with the remote start myself and the temp settings.

Edit: I'm probably still living in the old days, back when we had physical controls and we were accustomed to setting to defrost, fan and temp on high before leaving the truck. Run out to start the truck to defrost and everything was already set. I know, we didn't pay $80K to live the old way but that's just where I'm working from as an old geezer. ;) 🍻

Last edited:
I agree with @JHForman812 and @RedZilla. I remote started the truck again last night before heading out. 15 degrees. Like @ccw said no lights come on in the cab when remote started as far as hvac controls and seat controls. The seat does however get warm (barely) to the touch (10 minutes is my normal remote start). My scientific opinion is that the seats get warm enough to not waste heat but so that they’re warm when you hit the start button. 🤷‍♂️ 😆

Ok, I finally played with my advanced vehicle settings and changed Climate to "last setting" and changed seats and wheel to "Auto" from "off". I will see what's what after I remote start again....I have found the settings menu doesn't always do what they say. Maybe the problem is that I misinterpret what the setting means. The manual is not always clear....

Last edited:
Ok I just talked at a tech. He said Ford is aware of the issue and are working on a fix. It may be an over the air update
Thanks for the update. Mine is the same. Nice and toasty steering wheel / ice cold seats. It also seems my seats take forever to warm up after I push the start button coming out of remote start . They do get nice and toasty eventually but my older super duty’s seats definitely warmed up on remote start

Ok I just talked at a tech. He said Ford is aware of the issue and are working on a fix. It may be an over the air update
HAHAHAHAHA I dont mean to laugh, but hes probably wrong. How many OTAs have you gotten on your super duty? answer? NONE, we are still stuck with the same Sync4 software from 2021. we will most likely never see full screen carplay etc on our super duty. Ford doesnt care about sending us OTAs. the 22 super duty has the ability if it has sync 4 but Ford is ignoring us!!

HAHAHAHAHA I dont mean to laugh, but hes probably wrong. How many OTAs have you gotten on your super duty? answer? NONE, we are still stuck with the same Sync4 software from 2021. we will most likely never see full screen carplay etc on our super duty. Ford doesnt care about sending us OTAs. the 22 super duty has the ability if it has sync 4 but Ford is ignoring us!!
Agree. Still running April 2021 maps. Truck was delivered in Feb 22. Now Nov 22 with no map updates. Our road was new in 2017 but Ford is still showing it as “Unnamed Road” and I am unable to enter a home address in the Nav system. :mad:

the 22 super duty has the ability if it has sync 4

@JHForman812 are you positive this is accurate? True, the 22MY has Sync4 but it does not have the latest Fully Networked Vehicle architecture (FNV). I thought that was also needed for OTA updated and will be there for the 23MY.

See attached info for 23MY:

"the all-new pickup has indeed adopted the FNV architecture, which means that it will also be capable of receiving over-the-air updates."

@JHForman812 are you positive this is accurate? True, the 22MY has Sync4 but it does not have the latest Fully Networked Vehicle architecture (FNV). I thought that was also needed for OTA updated and will be there for the 23MY.

"the all-new pickup has indeed adopted the FNV architecture, which means that it will also be capable of receiving over-the-air updates."
Re-reading the article I think maybe they just meant that the 23 gets the latest version of FNV.

Agree. Still running April 2021 maps. Truck was delivered in Feb 22. Now Nov 22 with no map updates. Our road was new in 2017 but Ford is still showing it as “Unnamed Road” and I am unable to enter a home address in the Nav system. :mad:
Relating to map updates, I received a form letter from Ford just a few days ago saying an updated map data is available for download. I haven't looked into it yet, but I have no reason to doubt that it's available on line.

Relating to map updates, I received a form letter from Ford just a few days ago saying an updated map data is available for download. I haven't looked into it yet, but I have no reason to doubt that it's available on line.
Yes, it is. You have to download the Zip file, unzip it, put the main folder on a USB drive (properly formatted as the instructions tell you), then copy the license file into the correct place inside the folder on the USB drive. Instructions are also downloaded in pdf format.

Yes, it is. You have to download the Zip file, unzip it, put the main folder on a USB drive (properly formatted as the instructions tell you), then copy the license file into the correct place inside the folder on the USB drive. Instructions are also downloaded in pdf format.
Download only works with Sync 3. Those of us with Sync 4 have to rely on the OTA process. :(

I wont say 100% im sure about this but I have looked in our GWM and I know the ability is there. I dont know if the APIM is the only module able to be updated or not. If I were to guess I would say its the only one that can.

Download only works with Sync 3. Those of us with Sync 4 have to rely on the OTA process. :(

As for sync 4 maps, if you are a subscriber to their maps, its supposed to update them. Im not a subscriber. there are 2 things I want from my sync 4, I want full screen car play, and I want the Unreal engine. the 22 super duty with sync4 is kinda a bastard child in the lineup.

as for what started this discussion, if the truck doesnt get an OTA for the heated seats issue the dealer should be able to use FDRS to update the module. Im not totally sure theres an issue, I think people are expecting more than what we got. like i said my truck heats the seats but its barely noticeable even after a full 15 min remote start.

As for sync 4 maps, if you are a subscriber to their maps, its supposed to update them. Im not a subscriber. there are 2 things I want from my sync 4, I want full screen car play, and I want the Unreal engine. the 22 super duty with sync4 is kinda a bastard child in the lineup.

as for what started this discussion, if the truck doesnt get an OTA for the heated seats issue the dealer should be able to use FDRS to update the module. Im not totally sure theres an issue, I think people are expecting more than what we got. like i said my truck heats the seats but its barely noticeable even after a full 15 min remote start.
I know with the 2022 that I had that was built in April, it would get the seats just as warm as they were on high when it was cold and I remote started it. I remember in the cooler spring mornings going out and thinking wow this is great...

This one built in October, I go out and sit down and its ice cold. Ive noticed that even when I extend the start beyond 15 minutes. Yes I know, Ive gotten along all these years, but I didn't have a 90K vehicle either. Really frustrating, but i guess that is what we get when everything is as technologically advanced as it is now.

I know with the 2022 that I had that was built in April, it would get the seats just as warm as they were on high when it was cold and I remote started it. I remember in the cooler spring mornings going out and thinking wow this is great...

This one built in October, I go out and sit down and its ice cold. Ive noticed that even when I extend the start beyond 15 minutes. Yes I know, Ive gotten along all these years, but I didn't have a 90K vehicle either. Really frustrating, but i guess that is what we get when everything is as technologically advanced as it is now.

I fully understand your frustration. Check out some of the forscan blocks ive posted, maybe something isnt set correctly?

To clarify for the thread: all HVAC lights remain off after remote starting until you hit the “Start” button.

There’s no temps on the temperature control knobs, no light on the “Auto” button for the fan speed, etc. So no light on the heated seat also makes sense.

I’m intrigued, though, as I’m pretty sure I’ve been having the same issue. I figured it was the seat taking a long time to warm up, but in the back of my mind thought there might be an issue. This thread helps confirm that.

My remote start setting is on “Auto”, not last used, though I can only confirm that for HVAC. I forget what heated seats and steering wheel are.

Where do you find remote start settings?

I can’t find them anywhere and I thought I read they were under settings…vehicle

Ok, I finally played with my advanced vehicle settings and changed Climate to "last setting" and changed seats and wheel to "Auto" from "off". I will see what's what after I remote start again....I have found the settings menu doesn't always do what they say. Maybe the problem is that I misinterpret what the setting means. The manual is not always clear....

Where do you find the advances settings?

Latest Discussions

Back