Full Screen CarPlay is here for Sync4 in my SD!

Disable nav in motion with Forscan to get rid of ‘KIP’
Damn. I really like being able to use navigation responsibly on my terms. Lol.

I may be late to the party, but how do I get the most recent update? My version is 774 or something like that. Isn't it supposed to update automatically?

I may be late to the party, but how do I get the most recent update? My version is 774 or something like that. Isn't it supposed to update automatically?
Supposed to but it doesn't. You can either try to hassle the dealer to do it and potentially waste weeks of time and not have the truck, or buy or rent the Mongoose cable from @F450_on_44s so you can do it yourself.

Forgot how ugly the old UI is. For God’s sake fire up FORScan and turn on the Unreal Engine! :D

Forgot how ugly the old UI is. For God’s sake fire up FORScan and turn on the Unreal Engine! :D
Next on my list is clearing the KIP issue and then turning on UE. I can't stand the SYNC UI.

So, I just had my truck into my local dealer for an oil change and asked them to update it because I wasn’t getting the OTA’s. When I went to pick it up I asked if it had been updated and he stated no, and he wouldn’t even do them if it was his because of corruption. After some back forth and me leaving wizzed off, I asked one of our fleets guys at work if he would do the updates. We have a predominately ford fleet and they have the software to do it. I have one more session to get to the most current version. I’ve got full screen car play now ( it’s really nice tbh ), but it’s taken about 15hrs total so far. I can kind of see why the dealerships don’t want to do them.

I dropped my ver21136 truck off yesterday morning with specific instructions of "I am frustrated, my 2022 truck purchased in August 2021 still has 2021 firmware in 2024, can you at least update the GWM software so the OTA will start working?" Looks like it is still sitting there in their back lot from what fordpass app shows.

I dropped my ver21136 truck off yesterday morning with specific instructions of "I am frustrated, my 2022 truck purchased in August 2021 still has 2021 firmware in 2024, can you at least update the GWM software so the OTA will start working?" Looks like it is still sitting there in their back lot from what fordpass app shows.
I called today and they said my genuine OBDLink LX reader bent some pins on the connector and that is why they cannot program it... (seems suspect, something they say to anyone who has something plugged in, but it could be, however, the reader worked fine with the app... ) I asked about why it is not getting OTA updates and they said they would get back to me ..

I called today and they said my genuine OBDLink LX reader bent some pins on the connector and that is why they cannot program it... (seems suspect, something they say to anyone who has something plugged in, but it could be, however, the reader worked fine with the app... ) I asked about why it is not getting OTA updates and they said they would get back to me ..
Sorry man. Those guys sound like they are full of shit

The OBD port on the truck is female...it doesn't have pins to bend. I guess technically it might be possible to bend the female contacts, but I can't imagine it would happen unintentionally. Sounds to me like your dealer is full of :poop:

It cracks me up how few dealerships actually will update our trucks. I know it's not funny for most of you, but it's not freaking rocket science. You literally click a few buttons and FDRS guides you through everything.

Gives me no confidence in taking my truck into the dealership for anything.

It cracks me up how few dealerships actually will update our trucks. I know it's not funny for most of you, but it's not freaking rocket science. You literally click a few buttons and FDRS guides you through everything.

Gives me no confidence in taking my truck into the dealership for anything.
I think it’s 100% about money. I think a lot of the technicians are paid on billable hours and if they cannot bill back to Ford for warranty or charge the customer then they don’t want to do it. If it was billable under warranty it would be updated at every dealership. It’s 3+ hours of work for every super duty, that could tie up a lot of hours if they agreed to do that for everyone.

At my local dealer they are charging $180 per hour. Would you pay $600 to have your modules updated? I think the answer is no for most people, also why I think a lot of us are doing it on our own for a lot less.

Any one have issues with the update? My BCM module keeps failing. I have rented the cable from Ryan. He seems out of pocket right now. Can I move to the next one GWM? Or does it have to be in order. The first one was successfully completed, the PCM.

Any one have issues with the update? My BCM module keeps failing. I have rented the cable from Ryan. He seems out of pocket right now. Can I move to the next one GWM? Or does it have to be in order. The first one was successfully completed, the PCM.
It probably won't let you update the GWM again until the other updates are done. When I updated to 610 the 934 update was out, but the new GWM update didn't show up for two weeks after the 610 was done.

Nope. My only issue was the KIP thing but that's because I turned on nav in motion w forscan. Just need to get around to turning it back off.

Also, my android phone is holding up way better. With the old version of sync it would heat up and drain the battery fast. With the new version I'm not even seeing a significant impact on battery life.

Dude!! Sorry I just saw this. I had the same issue when I rented his cable.

He suggested I disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and try again. It worked!! Give that a try.

Mine failed multiple times when I first started. Was smooth sailing after disconnecting the battery

I had to try it again and the second time it worked for me

Dude!! Sorry I just saw this. I had the same issue when I rented his cable.

He suggested I disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and try again. It worked!! Give that a try.

Mine failed multiple times when I first started. Was smooth sailing after disconnecting the battery
We did the same procedure this morning and got the last update on the BCM completed.

Another happy customer. Who’s next?

Back