Full Screen CarPlay is here for Sync4 in my SD!

Out of curiosity, outside of getting the full screen capability are there other benefits to upgrading the sync system?

Out of curiosity, outside of getting the full screen capability are there other benefits to upgrading the sync system?
It updates your ford navigation maps. I think all the other firmware module bug fixes are worthwhile, that stuff will never be updated over the air.

It updates your ford navigation maps. I think all the other firmware module bug fixes are worthwhile, that stuff will never be updated over the air.
I don't use ford's navigation.

Ford's maps still sucks.

Our old development/house was built in 2017. When I got truck in 2022, it had 2021 maps and our road was "Unnamed Road". Just updated all modules and maps and it is still "Unnamed Road".

We did the same procedure this morning and got the last update on the BCM completed.

Another happy customer. Who’s next?
Worked great. All done. Also did my grill lights. Next is the steering wheel.

You can get Waze full-screen Amazon Alexa, unreal engine. 75-anniversary start-up screen and a few other things if you use Forscan.

I called today and they said my genuine OBDLink LX reader bent some pins on the connector and that is why they cannot program it... (seems suspect, something they say to anyone who has something plugged in, but it could be, however, the reader worked fine with the app... ) I asked about why it is not getting OTA updates and they said they would get back to me ..
I'm traveling out of town now, but I just got the alert on my phone saying that Alexa was now available, I guess they actually got off their butt and did something!
1000000152.png

Seems the Unreal Engine/Climate Bar isn’t ready to be reliable without bugs:

IMG_4546.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: ccw
Going back to the non Unreal Engine for now.

Seems the Unreal Engine/Climate Bar isn’t ready to be reliable without bugs:

View attachment 143647
Not the unreal engine problem. I made the same mistake you did at first. Must adjust forscan value using the “hybrid” value from the spreadsheet. If you use non hybrid, you will get the screen pictured.

Not the unreal engine problem. I made the same mistake you did at first. Must adjust forscan value using the “hybrid” value from the spreadsheet. If you use non hybrid, you will get the screen pictured.
Link to spreadsheet? The one I used from F150gen14 didn’t mention anything about hybrid or engine choices.

FWIW, I too backed away from the Unreal engine. It looked better; however, it was laggy and didn’t feel “finished”.

(Edit) and I don’t mean bonkers climate controls. I must have set it to hybrid cause it looked just fine.

FWIW, I too backed away from the Unreal engine. It looked better; however, it was laggy and didn’t feel “finished”.

(Edit) and I don’t mean bonkers climate controls. I must have set it to hybrid cause it looked just fine.
Functions well for me but I removed the climate controls on screen. Was totally redundant and fan function via screen was complete garbage

Functions well for me but I removed the climate controls on screen. Was totally redundant and fan function via screen was complete garbage
I got it working now, including removing the black text box from the rear camera while in Drive! 😁 Which is option ‘7’ as ‘6’ still keeps the black text box.

Thank you!

Unreal engine and climate controls are working perfectly for me.

Attachments

• 20231223_135316[1067].jpg
    20231223_135316[1067].jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 57

I got it working now, including removing the black text box from the rear camera while in Drive! 😁 Which is option ‘7’ as ‘6’ still keeps the black text box.

Thank you!
Thanks for sharing! Are you running the latest revision 934 on your Sync? I am on the latest rev, just haven't enabled the unreal engine and plan to do that sometime soon.

Thanks for sharing! Are you running the latest revision 934 on your Sync? I am on the latest rev, just haven't enabled the unreal engine and plan to do that sometime soon.
I am indeed on the latest revision!

Latest Discussions

Back