Forscan for 2022

Front camera does work at slow speeds. Hit the camera button at slow speed in drive and then the three lines and select the front camera or even the wide angle front. I use that a lot but it doesn't work at higher speeds.

Back camera and bed I have used multiple times at highway speed to check trailer or stuff in bed. Or just show it off. 🤷
I do the same, but would like to know if there is a way to remove or “turn off” the warning box that pops up.

I don’t know a ton about it. It’s more documented on f150 forums from what I hear. Sounds like you enable some Forscan settings in the ACM module, which unlocks factory stereo throttling.
Have you figured this mod out yet? I cant find any codes that work in the acm module.

Negative. Current belief is that the computer doesn't even know actual oil pressure, but is just a "good" or "bad". Similarly, that's all the gauge actually represents is whether the pressure is good or bad and can't move along the range.

But definitely no known way to get oil pressure above the gauge with ForScan.
Can you please confirm what you meant here exactly. There is no way to put a number above this gauge, correct?

Attachments

• BA7572E3-9C4D-46ED-AA28-588306A06416.jpeg
    BA7572E3-9C4D-46ED-AA28-588306A06416.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 92
Can you please confirm what you meant here exactly. There is no way to put a number above this gauge, correct?
Correct. No known way.

I say no known way because we can't really prove a negative. Could be a way that is yet to be discovered, though at this point I consider that pretty unlikely.

Correct. No known way.

I say no known way because we can't really prove a negative. Could be a way that is yet to be discovered, though at this point I consider that pretty unlikely.
But what is this # then under “the engine info”, is it not the exact same number we want to display above that left most gauge?

Or is oil temp and oil pressure temp two different things?

Attachments

• A41BAB22-25B6-42F3-BBCD-DE3B4E79466A.jpeg
    A41BAB22-25B6-42F3-BBCD-DE3B4E79466A.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 75
But what is this # then under “the engine info”, is it not the exact same number we want to display above that left most gauge?

Or is oil temp and oil pressure temp two different things?
The gauge in the top-left indicates oil pressure. So that's what folks have been focusing on. The pressure being generated by the oil pump. Without enough oil pressure the oil won't get into all the various passages throughout the engine, thus improperly lubricating it.

Oil temperature, on the other hand, would be largely duplicative of coolant temperature. Both will roughly follow engine temperature.

Admittedly, I don't remember hearing anything about displaying the oil temperature above the gauge (either way). I suspect it would have come up by now, but I'm less certain about that since the computer clearly has the information available to it. Just a question of whether there's a way to display it above that gauge.

The gauge in the top-left indicates oil pressure. So that's what folks have been focusing on. The pressure being generated by the oil pump. Without enough oil pressure the oil won't get into all the various passages throughout the engine, thus improperly lubricating it.

Oil temperature, on the other hand, would be largely duplicative of coolant temperature. Both will roughly follow engine temperature.

Admittedly, I don't remember hearing anything about displaying the oil temperature above the gauge (either way). I suspect it would have come up by now, but I'm less certain about that since the computer clearly has the information available to it. Just a question of whether there's a way to display it above that gauge.
I've looked into both - oil temp and pressure and have not found a way to display either over the pressure gauge using Forscan.

Only the 6.7 has a useable oil temp value in the cluster menu, 7.3 does not.

Further, the 7.3 does have a pressure sensor (verified by base part number) but haven't found a way to tap into this either via Forscan or an OBD interface. It may be that it is calibrated as a switch.

Hate to ask because I know the info is here somewhere,but I suck at searching threads. I also don’t have time to read through this entire post right now.

I am a Mac user. What is the best software emulator to run Forscan through an M1 MacBook Air? What is the best OBD adapter to use with a Mac? Any OBDs with usb-c connector?

Hate to ask because I know the info is here somewhere,but I suck at searching threads. I also don’t have time to read through this entire post right now.

I am a Mac user. What is the best software emulator to run Forscan through an M1 MacBook Air? What is the best OBD adapter to use with a Mac? Any OBDs with usb-c connector?
OBD connector isn’t computer specific, so most have gone with the Forscan recommended one (OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://a.co/d/65dQJ2e) You’re gonna find some varying opinions/issues for the PC emulation issue. I ran a free program called virtual box with a free Windows 10 copy. There’s a YouTube video on this thread somewhere of a guy showing how to get it, install it, and get/use Windows 10 for free. Very easy. I had to adjust some settings in virtual box after to get it to recognize the USB ports and such, and I’ve had no issues since. Other members have tried this same thing and had zero luck getting the program to recognize the truck. Other have used boot camp or other emulator programs. Just depends on what you want to do here. No real wrong answer. I didn’t want to spend any money for Forscan outside of the license fee. So I got what I wanted. Good luck!

OBD connector isn’t computer specific, so most have gone with the Forscan recommended one (OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://a.co/d/65dQJ2e)
Agree with this. If you don't go with this one I wouldn't recommend any Bluetooth adapters - stay hardwired... Some will say they have used them with success but it is a risk.

OBD connector isn’t computer specific, so most have gone with the Forscan recommended one (OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://a.co/d/65dQJ2e) You’re gonna find some varying opinions/issues for the PC emulation issue. I ran a free program called virtual box with a free Windows 10 copy. There’s a YouTube video on this thread somewhere of a guy showing how to get it, install it, and get/use Windows 10 for free. Very easy. I had to adjust some settings in virtual box after to get it to recognize the USB ports and such, and I’ve had no issues since. Other members have tried this same thing and had zero luck getting the program to recognize the truck. Other have used boot camp or other emulator programs. Just depends on what you want to do here. No real wrong answer. I didn’t want to spend any money for Forscan outside of the license fee. So I got what I wanted. Good luck!
I want to go as inexpensive as possible for Forscan. Really just need to be able to turn of all the dinging and chimes. Also want to do a few others like Bambi and Police mode for the dog to have A/C for a quick errand

I want to go as inexpensive as possible for Forscan. Really just need to be able to turn of all the dinging and chimes. Also want to do a few others like Bambi and Police mode for the dog to have A/C for a quick errand
Interestingly enough, my truck arrived from the factory with “Bambi mode” already enabled. As far as police mode goes, I know the vehicle can’t be taken out of park without the key in the cab - the other morning I left it running when I ran inside the mini mart to grab a drink, took my key with me, and locked the doors. I wasn’t sure the doors had locked, but when I got back, they were in fact locked, and the truck was still nice and cool. So if police mode is something different, then cool. But some of the things you want to do may already be good to go. Worth checking either way. Try to sees her “virtual box” in the forum, and I’m sure you’ll see the YouTube video walking you through installs and such

Ok, have to ask since I've seen it so dang often on the forum. When is Bambi mode useful? Or is it a "fun to do because I can" sort of thing?

In my experience if I'm driving fast enough to have high beams on, then the tiny patch of dirt to my immediate left and right illuminated by the fog lights isn't a consideration. If there's something there and I haven't seen it by then, it's too late. If I'm going slow enough that it's a consideration (we're talking no more than 10mph), then high beams aren't exactly useful or needed.

In the same breath I'm not against people doing it. Don't really see why the limitation exists (likely because of a regulation, but then I don't understand why the regulation exists). But curious why people put the effort into making the change.

Or is this something that's more of a problem with the halogen headlights, perhaps? I have the factory LEDs.

I like having my LED foglights on whenever the DRLs are also on putting around town and getting a burger or three. Gotta represent the blue oval (black in my case).

Ok, have to ask since I've seen it so dang often on the forum. When is Bambi mode useful? Or is it a "fun to do because I can" sort of thing?

In my experience if I'm driving fast enough to have high beams on, then the tiny patch of dirt to my immediate left and right illuminated by the fog lights isn't a consideration. If there's something there and I haven't seen it by then, it's too late. If I'm going slow enough that it's a consideration (we're talking no more than 10mph), then high beams aren't exactly useful or needed.

In the same breath I'm not against people doing it. Don't really see why the limitation exists (likely because of a regulation, but then I don't understand why the regulation exists). But curious why people put the effort into making the change.

Or is this something that's more of a problem with the halogen headlights, perhaps? I have the factory LEDs.
The Bambi mode phrase came about as having the ability to put out as much light as possible from the front of the truck, even at low speed, in order to see deer.

Personally, I have it enabled but I'd also like to see a Forscan option that gives me everything. DRL, high beams, low beams, fogs..everything.

Yesterday, I installed the Wicked Warnings system for the mirror spot and flood lights override and it works wonderfully.

Now to figure out how to get the rest of my forward facing lights on board to take advantage of the dual battery/alternator setup I paid good money for. ;)

I like having my LED foglights on whenever the DRLs are also on putting around town and getting a burger or three. Gotta represent the blue oval (black in my case).
High beams and that little bit of extra light are useful on dirt roads and off-roads at low speed

The Bambi mode phrase came about as having the ability to put out as much light as possible from the front of the truck, even at low speed, in order to see deer.

Personally, I have it enabled but I'd also like to see a Forscan option that gives me everything. DRL, high beams, low beams, fogs..everything.

Yesterday, I installed the Wicked Warnings system for the mirror spot and flood lights override and it works wonderfully.

Now to figure out how to get the rest of my forward facing lights on board to take advantage of the dual battery/alternator setup I paid good money for. ;)
When you say wicked warning do mean that this is a way to get the puddle lights to be on at any speed?

When you say wicked warning do mean that this is a way to get the puddle lights to be on at any speed?
Yes sir, the puddle lights and mirror flood lights simultaneously.
This is their install video:

100% plug and play.

Wish they made one without the flashing lights so it just worked like normal but at any speed.

100% plug and play.

Wish they made one without the flashing lights so it just worked like normal but at any speed.
Check what I did. I believe someone else also sells this pre-made but slightly more expensive

Post in thread 'MiTremor906 Build - Wobblin' Goblin' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/mitremor906-build-wobblin-goblin.7208/post-233639

Latest Discussions

Back