Forscan for 2022

Thank you! I have not written in the as built yet. After I change the codes, do I press "write" in that same row or do I do it below? I guess what I am asking is what do do after I enter the codes to be modified?
I would recommend changing and writing each line individually and use the "write" button for each section:

96406C79-443A-4943-8674-964AF39D1C1F~2.jpeg
 
Here is the Sync3 mapping:
7D0-01-01 *xxx xxxx xx--
Smart DSP (DSP), AAM, Sirius Satellite Radio (SDARS), Rear Seat Entertainment (RSEM)

Sync4 looks pretty much the same based on the latest mapped spreadsheet I have:
7D0-01-01 *xxx xxxx xx--
Smart DSP (SDSP) • AAM (AAM) • SDARS (SDARS) • RSEM (RSEM)

The "2 less" approach should still hold true for this feature:

2 - 0
3 - 1
6 - 4
7 - 5
A - 8
B - 9
E - C
F - D

@High Country I would go through 3 or 4 key on - key off cycles to verify if it worked or not. Sometimes it doesn't update with the first cycle.

Can't guarantee the Sync4 spreadsheet is 100% accurate, either, as Sync4 is a new animal... When I searched on Forscan.org and Ford-Trucks.com I didn't find anyone who had mentioned success or failure with this on a Sync4 vehicle (21 F150, 22 SD)
Thanks Modman. Actually after a couple of on off cycles and driving for an hour the Serius/XM disappeared from the sources. Next time I have a modification that does not happen right away I will give it a few on - off cycles and drive it a bit before deciding the change did not work.
 
Anyone know what “Auto Relock” does in the BdyCM? Options are inoperative, enabled and disabled. Listed as inoperative.
 
Auto locks the truck after a certain amount of time. Jump to 4:13 if you want to see it in action:

 
Auto locks the truck after a certain amount of time. Jump to 4:13 if you want to see it in action:

I...don't know if I want this. I can picture some scenarios where it would be awesome (anytime you forget to lock the truck and walk away), but I can picture some where it would be super annoying (working on or around the truck for an extended period of time, entering and leaving it).

Keyless entry makes the latter situations not as bad since you just need to touch either front door handle to unlock it, though. Thinking I might do this!

Thanks Modman. Actually after a couple of on off cycles and driving for an hour the Serius/XM disappeared from the sources. Next time I have a modification that does not happen right away I will give it a few on - off cycles and drive it a bit before deciding the change did not work.

Definitely doing this mod, then! I hate winding up on satellite radio accidentally and getting blasted with whatever it happens to be tuned to!
 
I...don't know if I want this. I can picture some scenarios where it would be awesome (anytime you forget to lock the truck and walk away), but I can picture some where it would be super annoying (working on or around the truck for an extended period of time, entering and leaving it).

Keyless entry makes the latter situations not as bad since you just need to touch either front door handle to unlock it, though. Thinking I might do this!
From what I understand, it only relocks if you don't open a door after unlocking it, but I may be wrong. What I am looking to do is have the truck autolock if unattended, which I have not found an option for.
 
From what I understand, it only relocks if you don't open a door after unlocking it, but I may be wrong. What I am looking to do is have the truck autolock if unattended, which I have not found an option for.
What do you mean? Like if there are no fobs in range for a certain amount of time?
 
What do you mean? Like if there are no fobs in range for a certain amount of time?
The way I understood the FORScan video you posted above regarding the “Auto Relock” only works if you unlock your door and don't physically open a door or tailgate in 45 seconds, the truck will relock itself. What I am looking for is similar, but I want it automatically lock itself, regardless if I have pressed a key fob or not. Does that make sense? The wife has this on her Lexus, and it's a nice peace of mind feature.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
From what I understand, it only relocks if you don't open a door after unlocking it, but I may be wrong. What I am looking to do is have the truck autolock if unattended, which I have not found an option for.
Oh if it’s that then it’s a no-brainer to enable, but agreed that it doesn’t help many situations. How often does a person unlock a vehicle and then walk away?
 
Oh if it’s that then it’s a no-brainer to enable, but agreed that it doesn’t help many situations. How often does a person unlock a vehicle and then walk away?

Well now that I understand FORScan enough to be dangerous, I'll give it a try tomorrow AFTER coffee! :ROFLMAO:
 
I did try "enabling" both the Auto Relock and Walk Away modes...neither worked for me.

I did change the Parking Brake chime from engaging when the transmission is put into "RNDM" to "Vehicle Speed" because my driveway is sloped, so I typically put the truck in drive, then release the parking brake...1 more less chime lol!
 
  • Winner
Reactions: ccw
I did change the Parking Brake chime from engaging the transmission is put into "RNDM" to "Vehicle Speed" because my driveway is sloped, so I typically put the truck in drive, then release the parking brake...1 more less chime lol!
Ohh which module is that in? And plain English or as-built? I have an old habit built up of putting it into drive before removing the parking brake (no real reason) and that chime has been irking me, too!
 
Ohh which module is that in? And plain English or as-built? I have an old habit built up of putting it into drive before removing the parking brake (no real reason) and that chime has been irking me, too!
BdyCM in "Plain English" If you can't find it, LMK and I'll log back in.

Edit: I actually looked in the right hand column of the "plain English" because it stood out against the "enabled/disabled" that are pretty common.
 
Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: ccw
I did try "enabling" both the Auto Relock and Walk Away modes...neither worked for me.

@Mtn_Skier keep in mind that if you are trying this in the Plain English module it doesn't definitely mean that the feature won't work. Many of the features aren't mapped correctly (or at all) between plain English and As-Built.

So even when you make a plain English change, the As-Built still changes as well, it just happens in the background.

I did look for the relock and found multiple addresses. I am trying to figure out what to make of them to try this...
 
@Mtn_Skier keep in mind that if you are trying this in the Plain English module it doesn't definitely mean that the feature won't work. Many of the features aren't mapped correctly (or at all) between plain English and As-Built.

So even when you make a plain English change, the As-Built still changes as well, it just happens in the background.

I did look for the relock and found multiple addresses. I am trying to figure out what to make of them to try this...
I noticed there were several different "Auto Relock" options to enable...I did the first one. Below it is the the "Auto Relock" vehicle, maybe I should have enabled that?

On the "Walk Away" mode, I enable both with no success.

Thanks again for all your help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
I noticed there were several different "Auto Relock" options to enable...I did the first one. Below it is the the "Auto Relock" vehicle, maybe I should have enabled that?

On the "Walk Away" mode, I enable both with no success.

Thanks again for all your help.
There are 3 or 4 lines with enable or disable (00 or 01) in the As-Built. No idea what the difference is though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ccw
Hello everyone! Just ordered my first OBD link. Just want to get some clarification because I don’t think I saw it in any of the posts but what is the best way to run for scan on my apple silicon based Mac? Or am I better off buying a cheap pc laptop?
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom