Iron Man

Live life to it's Fullest Thanking GOD for it all
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 6.7 Iconic Silver Platinum Tremor w/winch
Current Ride #2
2020 Jaguar F Pace SVR - 2020 Harley Davidsnon Limited CVO
I finally got my 2021 F350 Tremor built. When it arrived and I went to pick it up, it didn't have the TPMS trailer camera that was a 725$ option on my build. Luckily I had my list of things to check and brought it up to the salesman. He said I needed to go to parts and show them my window sticker.
First things first, thats BS. The salesman should have done the leg work, but I went and asked. What a run around. They had to order one they said. Well they called and said to come in and get it 4 weeks later. Well I just went there today and they tried to give me an open box with a camera and harness. It had a shipping label and it had someone elses vin on it and it was dated 1/4/18.
I snapped. I lost my cool. The parts manager said it came like this, but someone else said they didn't want me to wait so they gave me someone elses. I said thats a lie also since the shipping lable said 2018. I paid just under 100,000$. I spoke with my salesman and the sales manager and they said they will get a hold of the Ford rep and get me one. They asked if I knew anyone who oredered it and if it was mailed directly to them.
Has anyone else order the TPMS or the reg trailer camera with your build. Was it in the truck when it showed or did you have to go to parts and get it yourself or was it mailed dirrectly to you. Does anyone know the the difference between the 2 cameras as mine was 725$ and the reg 325$. Thanks for any input.
This has been a tuff go around with this dealer. Ughhhhhhhh:mad::mad::mad:

6A0E9DBA-B162-479A-B732-E24C5B107553.jpeg
5D0AA261-2F05-4263-A105-4ED6D347A1CB.jpeg

I ordered my truck June 2020, picked it up October 2020, and the Trailer Camera/TPMS came in December 2020. I had to pick it up from the dealer, but my sales guy had it on his desk, it was unopened, and had my VIN on it.

The box is in my garage for now, don't know what to do with it. I ordered for the TPMS, don't need the camera persé, as I have a Furion wireless camera installed on my trailer.

I ordered my truck June 2020, picked it up October 2020, and the Trailer Camera/TPMS came in December 2020. I had to pick it up from the dealer, but my sales guy had it on his desk, it was unopened, and had my VIN on it.

The box is in my garage for now, don't know what to do with it. I ordered for the TPMS, don't need the camera persé, as I have a Furion wireless camera installed on my trailer.
Thanks that was very helpful. ? ? ? :cool:

The cameras are the same. The package you ordered will include the TPMS kit for trailer tires.
Thanks. So they need to be installed with the trailer wheels? ? ? ? :cool:

Thanks. So they need to be installed with the trailer wheels? ? ? ? :cool:
Correct. I'm not sure the exact details of the install since I don't have my truck yet. Maybe some other forum members know. I've come across a few YouTube videos of the install also.

Thanks. Whats the deal on your truck. ETA

Build day is 3/2, so I'm hoping it doesn't slip. I'm hoping to have it in my driveway in late March. Fingers crossed!
You and your situation will be included in my prayers. Never discount the power of prayer. Hang tuff my friend. It’s getting close. ??????????

You and your situation will be included in my prayers. Never discount the power of prayer. Hang tuff my friend. It’s getting close. ??????????
Thank you sir! Your presence on this forum is awesome and full of positivity. God knows the world needs more of that.

I was just about to make the same post, @Iron Man!
I ordered my truck in October. Received in December. My camera and Tpms kit never arrived. My sales guy says we are still “waiting”... it’s now almost March.

I was just about to make the same post, @Iron Man!
I ordered my truck in October. Received in December. My camera and Tpms kit never arrived. My sales guy says we are still “waiting”... it’s now almost March.
Thanks Matt. This is helpful. They were wrong to tell me to handle it and go across the street to parts and service. Dealing with this tiny dealer has gotten me more frustrated than I should have ever been.
We bought a 2020 Convertible Mustang in May from a different dealer. They were so easy to work with. My wife’s HATES this dealership. I’m very loyal and should have bailed a long time ago.
Then the parts manager lying to me and trying to push to push off a 3 yr old system that didn’t even have TPMS on me was so insulting. I didn’t get in all the details of how rude they were as I was just trying to make this short. It was so much worse than I posted.
Live and learn. You buy a 100,000$ vehicle you better have the right experience. Life is way to short. Thanks again for your feedback my friend. ?????????
Don?

For what it's worth, it was the same for me, ordered in July, truck delivered in October, Camera/TPMS showed up beginning December at the dealer in a sealed box with VIN. At one point my sales guy said that option was holding up Ford starting production and asked if I wanted to delete it. I told him go ahead since I could by it after the fact albeit at a hight price. When he went in to delete it, Ford had just pulled the order for production. I seem to remember they were have a supplier issue with the cameras.

Just picked me up 2 weeks ago and no camera and no one knew anything about it till I showed them the window sticker... Oh suddenly it was on backorder... it'll be here in 4 weeks! Yeah right

I’m in the same situation. I ordered the $375 camera only option. I picked up the truck 2 weeks ago and saw a Ford bag in the backseat with wires. I just assumed it was the camera. Came home and put it on a shelf in the garage. Too excited to think any more about it. Last night I decided to open up the bag and plan how I’d run it on my trailer when I realized what I had was the sensor kit for the trailer backup assist. (Got the trailer backup package to get the extra cameras. I enjoy backing up trailers myself. Maybe I’ll try the knob one day?). I searched the truck thinking there was no way I missed the camera somewhere. Sure enough no camera. I emailed the GM of the dealer last night. He said it didn’t come in the truck. He is looking into what needs to be done to get it. So I feel your pain. I won’t be towing my trailer until May so I have some time for it to be figured out. More so the principle of it all. I ordered it, it should be with the truck. @Iron Man keep us posted on how and when they make it right for you. Must be something going on with the kit if a few of us are experiencing the same.

Yeah man. Sucks. I will let everyone know. It was that thieving Parts manager. Pushing that 2018 camera without TPMS opened up box and un wrapped harness and deshelved camera, lying to my face. I’m still bothered by my experience. Dang. I hate thieves Liars snd cheats. ???

I'd be livid about them lying to me about it and trying to pass off an old system on me as well. If you haven't already considered it, you might want to consider just trying to get your money back from the dealership and going aftermarket. When I initially was getting ready to place my order I was going to get that system for my trailer, but after doing some research on the Ford system and comparing pros and cons, it made more sense for me to just go aftermarket. I didn't like that the Ford camera wouldn't work while moving down the road, I didn't like that I had to run a cord the whole length of the trailer and plug in an additional cable when hooking up. But if you really don't want the extra monitor on the dash the Ford system is really your only option, plus my trailer came prewired for an aftermarket system anyways so all I had to do was plug in the camera I bought. Not sure what your needs/wants are, this was just my 2 cents.

You want to hear even one even better? I also ordered the $725 TPMS kit option. It was not in the truck of course. I did not notice it was missing until the next day. When I called my sales person they said I was not supposed to get any actual parts. The money I spent was to allow "the option" of installing a camera and TPMS! They said I needed to order the parts from their parts department. I told them that was absolutely incorrect and they had better figure out where my parts were. About 2 days later they arrived at the parts department with my vin. The real kicker was when they were missing I searched for the part number, and found out it can be purchased for well under the $725 option price. I don't know for sure if it would work without ordering the option, but it makes me wonder...

Back