Falken Wilpeak AT/4W 285/75-R18 installed

AT4's are better except in wet conditions, that's where the AT3 shines.
Experience or speculation? Wet and icy performance was number one reason for considering these.

Experience or speculation? Wet and icy performance was number one reason for considering these.
The info came from a tire engineer review. @Alpoba posted the link before but can't find it.

2:10 mark. But i recommend watching the entire review. Tire performance is a combination of many aspects. AT3W wasn’t the best handler on dry, i’d take a slightly stiffer at4w over it for that reason alone.

It’s actually the same guy, and the same review, he ultimately adds them to YouTube with a voice over.
Good to know. Wondered why the channel name was different than the website..

Even if the 4's do not perform as well as 3's in wet, I don't think they're going to be horrible in wet, just not quite as good as 3's.

I never had the at3w's but I can say we have had quite a bit of rain lately and I have zero complaints of the at4w's in wet weather. I'll take the longer tread life and thicker side wall if this is the 'not as good' in wet tire.

I will say that I haven't had a ton of snow use with then yet though.

Not having any luck tracking down the size I'm looking for (295/65R20), so might have the look at the AT3W or RT01 instead. I did find my stock size (275/65R20), but I have the snow plow prep and would prefer to move up a bit.

Ended up ordering the AT/4W in 285/65R20. Will be getting them installed in a couple weeks.

Ended up ordering the AT/4W in 285/65R20. Will be getting them installed in a couple weeks.
Got these installed yesterday. I think 295/65R20 would be perfect on my truck (FX4 with snow plow prep), but they still don't have the AT/4W in that size.

So far, I'm happy with the tires. I haven't noticed any more noise than the factory Michelins they replaced and it feels as good on the road as those, which is a win. We'll be towing this weekend, and should have the opportunity to explore some BLM land soon.

1000004299.jpg

1000004296.jpg

1000004295.jpg

1000004298.jpg

Got these installed yesterday. I think 295/65R20 would be perfect on my truck (FX4 with snow plow prep), but they still don't have the AT/4W in that size.

So far, I'm happy with the tires. I haven't noticed any more noise than the factory Michelins they replaced and it feels as good on the road as those, which is a win. We'll be towing this weekend, and should have the opportunity to explore some BLM land soon.

View attachment 153592

View attachment 153593

View attachment 153594

View attachment 153595
Looks really nice! The specs (on TireRack at least) actually looks like the tread width is wider than a lot of 295 series tires. My 2021 has the same wheels on it but still with the Michellin LTX ATs, I threw them back on as I get ready for my 2024 to get built and sold it to my dad for them to use around the ranch back home in TX. I may try and convince him to throw a set of these on it instead of holding out for them to release the 295/65's, Discount still shows them as "coming soon" (the truck currently looks a pretty silly with the 3" Carli level and stock wheels :LOL:)

Looks really nice! The specs (on TireRack at least) actually looks like the tread width is wider than a lot of 295 series tires. My 2021 has the same wheels on it but still with the Michellin LTX ATs, I threw them back on as I get ready for my 2024 to get built and sold it to my dad for them to use around the ranch back home in TX. I may try and convince him to throw a set of these on it instead of holding out for them to release the 295/65's, Discount still shows them as "coming soon" (the truck currently looks a pretty silly with the 3" Carli level and stock wheels :LOL:)
The R/T01 might be another good option. Those are currently available in 295/65R20, and I was close to getting those instead.

Put on a set today. Man they are so much quieter and smoother than the duratracs! I was able to squeeze out almost 54K on the stock tires but they were beyond noisy. Pulling the 5th wheel to Tennessee at the end of the month so I'm looking forward to seeing how good they do. What psi is everyone running unloaded? I'm doing 50 all around right now and they seem good. Might bump it to 55 or 60 and see how that rides.

Attachments

• 20240503_165755.jpg
    20240503_165755.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240503_165804.jpg
    20240503_165804.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240503_165742.jpg
    20240503_165742.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 53
I went to my local shop and it’s $400 per tire! Is that what you guys are paying?

Put on a set today. Man they are so much quieter and smoother than the duratracs! I was able to squeeze out almost 54K on the stock tires but they were beyond noisy. Pulling the 5th wheel to Tennessee at the end of the month so I'm looking forward to seeing how good they do. What psi is everyone running unloaded? I'm doing 50 all around right now and they seem good. Might bump it to 55 or 60 and see how that rides.

I run mine at 60 psi all around unloaded.

Have a 6.7, running 55 front, 50 rear.

Back