Falken Wilpeak AT/4W 285/75-R18 installed

Accuracy International

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F-250 6.7L Lariat, Blackout, Ultimate, Tremor
I haven’t posted in awhile, today I installed the Falken Wildpeak A/T4W in the Tremor factory size 285/75-R18 E load.

Initial impressions, these tires look really nice. Slightly wider than the Duratracs and measuring the same height. The balancing went great, the worst tire needed 6oz of weight and I elected to put that in the right rear furthest from the steering column.

I was able to get 48,515 miles from my Duratracs and was never a fan of the tire, I appreciate the durability I received from the factories. They were hell to break-in and loud at the end of their life. I was eager to try something else.

These tires were not easy to track down, it took a lot of effort from an awesome manager of my local Discount Tire, they’re on national backorder.

I thought I’d share a post that they’re trickling out into the HD market., I promise to post updates as I continue to put some miles on these tires.

IMG_9044.jpeg

I haven’t posted in awhile, today I installed the Falken Wildpeak A/T4W in the Tremor factory size 285/75-R18 E load.

Initial impressions, these tires look really nice. Slightly wider than the Duratracs and measuring the same height. The balancing went great, the worst tire needed 6oz of weight and I elected to put that in the right rear furthest from the steering column.

I was able to get 48,515 miles from my Duratracs and was never a fan of the tire, I appreciate the durability I received from the factories. They were hell to break-in and loud at the end of their life. I was eager to try something else.

These tires were not easy to track down, it took a lot of effort from an awesome manager of my local Discount Tire, they’re on national backorder.

I thought I’d share a post that they’re trickling out into the HD market., I promise to post updates as I continue to put some miles on these tires.

View attachment 146382
I was just looking at getting the same ones. They look great 👍

My duratracs are just over 49k right now.

Saving for updates as I put on some mileage…
Very nice looking tire. I did the AT3, as the 4's had not come out yet. I went with 295/70/18. Love the tires, much better tire. I HIGHLY recommend the Falken Brand Tires. Shoot a picture of the tread when you can.

I was just looking at getting the same ones. They look great 👍

My duratracs are just over 49k right now.
I was really all in on a Carli 2.5” lift, new wheels and 37’s. I just couldn’t bring myself to mess with the flawless geometry of the Tremor.

These tires measure 35”x11.5” and I don’t need to mess with the rake required for towing needs.

I’ve been so happy with my fuel economy and snow performance I just couldn’t make a good argument of changing from the factory size.

I’ll be sure to update how the tires perform, I’m snowboarding in Flagstaff and Park City later this month so I hope to get snow performance updates for the forum.

Very nice looking tire. I did the AT3, as the 4's had not come out yet. I went with 295/70/18. Love the tires, much better tire. I HIGHLY recommend the Falken Brand Tires. Shoot a picture of the tread when you can.
IMG_9045.jpeg

Any other pics, let me know I’ll share what you’re looking for.
IMG_9046.jpeg
IMG_9048.jpeg

Got to love ‘Merica sizing listed 🤣

View attachment 146392

Yes, sir. One sort of complaint I’d add on this tire is, holy shit they’ve listed EVERY SINGLE DETAIL on this sidewall, it’s busy and full of information LOL.
Looks nice though! Curious why the tech didn't align the red dot with the valve stem (supercedes yellow dot).

Looks nice though! Curious why the tech didn't align the red dot with the valve stem (supercedes yellow dot).
They aligned yellow dot with valve stem on all four tires. As mentioned the “worst” if we call 6oz of tire weights was the most required.

Tech mentioned after 5k of mileage on the tire will likely reduce balance weight requirements as they wear in, rotate and rebalance.

They aligned yellow dot with valve stem on all four tires. As mentioned the “worst” if we call 6oz of tire weights was the most required.

Tech mentioned after 5k of mileage on the tire will likely reduce balance weight requirements as they wear in, rotate and rebalance.
That's what I'm saying, the red dot takes precedence over yellow.

ybLB9Za.png

ybLB9Za.png
Not sure on that, tech seemed very educated and I watched most of the install and talked to him about balancing procedures. Road force balancing and a couple acronyms were dropped I wasn’t familiar with, but gave me confidence he was either as good of a bull shitter that I am or knows what he’s doing LOL.

Felt great on low speed and highway speed driving home, I was ruching to pickup my wife for date night, but will definitely update the thread as I get some miles on these.

Not sure on that, tech seemed very educated and I watched most of the install and talked to him about balancing procedures. Road force balancing and a couple acronyms were dropped I wasn’t familiar with, but gave me confidence he was either as good of a bull shitter that I am or knows what he’s doing LOL.

Felt great on low speed and highway speed driving home, I was ruching to pickup my wife for date night, but will definitely update the thread as I get some miles on these.
I went through the same thing recently and was BS'd by the tech. They never broke the bead to rotate the tire to keep the amount of weights to a minimum.

ybLB9Za.png
The manager I worked with to get these tires was awesome, I’ll try and call him this week and ask about red vs yellow decision as I’m curious now.

View attachment 146392

Yes, sir. One sort of complaint I’d add on this tire is, holy shit they’ve listed EVERY SINGLE DETAIL on this sidewall, it’s busy and full of information LOL.
Tread pattern very similar, I like the boldness of the sidewall and all the writing!! My 295's are exactly a half inch narrower than a friend's 12.50/37 measured on the truck. Also 1/4 inch shorter than oem 285, which is fine, gives me a bit more clearance for my Banks 5 inch pipe. I too get great fuel mileage with this diameter tire, my buddy with the 37's lost 2 mpg, more when towing. I'll take mileage over stance everyday since I am on the road all the time.

Of course they have at4w now cause I just out AT3W on in the fall. 😆 what do they say the differences are, I love my at3w probably one of my favorite tires I've had.

Of course they have at4w now cause I just out AT3W on in the fall. 😆 what do they say the differences are, I love my at3w probably one of my favorite tires I've had.

I posted a few review links on the other at4w thread, which concluded that unless one tows heavy or bangs off road often, at3w might still be a better tire for wet and overall road comfort. It has a slightly softer compound, obviously less rigidity in the sidewall, and better siping to deal with wet.

In other words, just cause at4w is out is not enough reason to want to upgrade from an already awesome at3w.

I posted a few review links on the other at4w thread, which concluded that unless one tows heavy or bangs off road often, at3w might still be a better tire for wet and overall road comfort. It has a slightly softer compound, obviously less rigidity in the sidewall, and better siping to deal with wet.

In other words, just cause at4w is out is not enough reason to want to upgrade from an already awesome at3w.
That’s pretty much what my research concluded as well. Towing, sidewall strength and longevity (60,000 mile “guarantee”) led me to go with these.

It was a good problem to have, I was dead set on getting the A/T3’s and having to decide between the two Falkens was the hardest decision in tire selection.

Your posts definitely helped, shared some great reviews, thanks for those. I figured I’d post this showing they do exist and share my experience as I get some miles on them.

That’s pretty much what my research concluded as well. Towing, sidewall strength and longevity (60,000 mile “guarantee”) led me to go with these.

It was a good problem to have, I was dead set on getting the A/T3’s and having to decide between the two Falkens was the hardest decision in tire selection.

Your posts definitely helped, shared some great reviews, thanks for those. I figured I’d post this showing they do exist and share my experience as I get some miles on them.

Both are awesome tires. What’s great is that one now has a Falken AT choice that suits their needs best.

But I must say looking at your photos, at4w wins in the looks department:) I personally am a big fan of the lettering/info details included on the tire.

Back