Falken Wilpeak AT/4W 285/75-R18 installed

What’s the back side of the tire looks like with the lettering? I’m in between these and the toyos. But the raised lettering is hit and miss.
I can take a pic later, but the back side does not have the raised Falken Wildpeak
 
I am getting a set of the AT4Ws installed this morning. Looking forward to getting something other than the Duratracs. They got very noisy and started to wear funny on a couple of them, partially my fault as I don't do good with rotating them.
 
I am getting a set of the AT4Ws installed this morning. Looking forward to getting something other than the Duratracs. They got very noisy and started to wear funny on a couple of them, partially my fault as I don't do good with rotating them.
Interested to see how you like them... Who is doing the install?
 
Interested to see how you like them... Who is doing the install?
Well it's been a long time since my tires were new but these seem quieter then I remember my Duratracs when they were new. I'm ready for winter to be done but with these now I kinda want just a little snow to test them out. We'll be going to the U.P. early April so maybe I can find some up there to try it out. This was last April we went up there.
20230401_080708.webp
 
Initial impression. Quieter than stock tires. Ride smoother and look better. Win win win so far. Only 100 miles on them so far but I look forward to my road trip of 500 miles in 5 days with them.
 
I haven’t posted in awhile, today I installed the Falken Wildpeak A/T4W in the Tremor factory size 285/75-R18 E load.

Initial impressions, these tires look really nice. Slightly wider than the Duratracs and measuring the same height. The balancing went great, the worst tire needed 6oz of weight and I elected to put that in the right rear furthest from the steering column.

I was able to get 48,515 miles from my Duratracs and was never a fan of the tire, I appreciate the durability I received from the factories. They were hell to break-in and loud at the end of their life. I was eager to try something else.

These tires were not easy to track down, it took a lot of effort from an awesome manager of my local Discount Tire, they’re on national backorder.

I thought I’d share a post that they’re trickling out into the HD market., I promise to post updates as I continue to put some miles on these tires.


View attachment 146382
Just ordered these from Discount Tire $1858.31 installed. Thank you for the Post.
 
Just ordered these from Discount Tire $1858.31 installed.

Wow, that’s a lot for these tires, even if they are new on the market. I would expect to pay in the $1500-1600 range for a set of 4 stock size tires from Falken. I paid under $1500 for a set of AT3Ws 37/12.50/18s. Is discounttire including a road force tire balancing in this price?
 
Wow, that’s a lot for these tires, even if they are new on the market. I would expect to pay in the $1500-1600 range for a set of 4 stock size tires from Falken. I paid under $1500 for a set of AT3Ws 37/12.50/18s. Is discounttire including a road force tire balancing in this price?
Yes they are. As well as TPMS and all the other lifetime bullshit they do rotations and balancing…
 
Wow, that’s a lot for these tires, even if they are new on the market. I would expect to pay in the $1500-1600 range for a set of 4 stock size tires from Falken. I paid under $1500 for a set of AT3Ws 37/12.50/18s. Is discounttire including a road force tire balancing in this price?
No it is $399 per tire. $88 install for all 4. $40-ish in Illinois EPA fees and $130 in tax.
 
Wow, that’s a lot for these tires, even if they are new on the market. I would expect to pay in the $1500-1600 range for a set of 4 stock size tires from Falken. I paid under $1500 for a set of AT3Ws 37/12.50/18s. Is discounttire including a road force tire balancing in this price?

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 2.28.12 PM.webp
 
i guess it adds up with all the added fees. At least via simpletire with a bunch of combined coupons i was able to knock off close to $300 on both sets recently.
 
Consider me a pheasant groupie on tires too. I've had General Grabber At2, at3 & Atx on all my vehicles (many) since my '08 escape. I love them for our PA weather. Anywhere from cutting my own tracks in snow to hard pack/slippery & daily driving. I may have to look at the X³ when my Duratracs prove useless to me. I haven't had a chance to put them to the test.

Who's with me 🙋
 
We just had snow and can tell you these are night and day over the Duratracs. Didn't even need 4wd, gripped like crazy.
I missed most of our snow but got the tail end of it and agree these are way better. Felt very planted all of the time.
 
Anyone put many towing miles on the AT4s yet? I think I've about narrowed it down to these or the RT01s for my 350 and wondering how these would do towing our camper. We're traveling full time and put a lot of towing miles on the tires.
 
Anyone put many towing miles on the AT4s yet? I think I've about narrowed it down to these or the RT01s for my 350 and wondering how these would do towing our camper. We're traveling full time and put a lot of towing miles on the tires.

I tow with the AT3W's and they have held up fine for an 8000 mile summer trip coast to coast and lots of towing here in the PNW. I'm sure the AT4W's will perform even better. (3 ply sidewall, slightly more durable compound).
 
I tow with the AT3W's and they have held up fine for an 8000 mile summer trip coast to coast and lots of towing here in the PNW. I'm sure the AT4W's will perform even better. (3 ply sidewall, slightly more durable compound).
Nice. I have the factory Michelin LTX (FX4) still, and have been pretty happy with them on the road. I'm wanting something a little more aggressive for BLM roads, etc. without losing the solid feeling while towing.
 
I tow with the AT3W's and they have held up fine for an 8000 mile summer trip coast to coast and lots of towing here in the PNW. I'm sure the AT4W's will perform even better. (3 ply sidewall, slightly more durable compound).
AT4's are better except in wet conditions, that's where the AT3 shines.
 
Back
Top Bottom