DTX2023Tremor's Money Pit Build and other miscellaneous topics

I can get them off mine.
Do you know what the wall thickness is for the 24k hitches? My truck has the 21k rated hitch and the design was based off that.
Send me a dm and I’ll get a measurement for you

Ok... Finally had a chance to get some mods done ... Nice timing since it is just before @Lunch Box 's world record Tremor meet-up.

Installing the following:
1. NOCO Genius GEN5X1
2. NOCO GCP2 15A AC Port Plug - one will go to the block heater while the other to the battery charger.
3. Makevivi Outdoor Waterproof On/Off Switch Extension Cord - the block heater will plug into this so I can keep it off while the battery maintainer is on.
4. weBoost Drive Reach Overland Signal Booster Kit - Costco has a good deal on this compared to MSRP
5. @BMCLIGHTS 2017-2024 FORD F250-F450 SUPER DUTY HITCH BAR ™ LIGHTING KIT - PAIR. I got these with the diffused Rigid SR-Q Pro 6" Midnight Series *, standard 2 light end cap,
ROCK Guard - Bedliner on bottom and rear face of bar, and the upfitter harness.
6. @BMCLIGHTS 2023-2024 Ford Super Duty Fog Light Kit with BajaPro - clear lenses on the S2 pros and amber lenses on the Squadron pros. Connecting the S2s to the factory fog lamp switch and the Squadrons to an upfitter.

Shout-out to Brian @BMCLIGHTS for making sure I have all the harnesses needed to make the connections for the hitch lights and fog lights. Super excited to see these when I pick up the truck tomorrow.

7. Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount with the Rough Country PRO12000S winch. I was hoping to be able to install the Apex 12K winch, bit it is about 0.5" too wide to fit the mounting plate and the only way it would seem to work is with the plastic body around the winch removed.

Note for anyone looking to do this install on a '23/'24, there is also some trimming required to get the mounting bracket to work. Turns out the fairlead mount hits some of the bracketry for the bumper. So for anyone with a diesel, it requires trimming in two places. Since I have gas it is just so it doesn't interfere with the bumper's mounting brackets.

1000010954.jpg

Ok... Finally had a chance to get some mods done ... Nice timing since it is just before @Lunch Box 's world record Tremor meet-up.

1. NOCO Genius GEN5X1
2. NOCO GCP2 15A AC Port Plug - one will go to the block heater while the other to the battery charger.
3. Makevivi Outdoor Waterproof On/Off Switch Extension Cord - the block heater will plug into this so I can keep it off while the battery maintainer is on.
4. weBoost Drive Reach Overland Signal Booster Kit - Costco has a good deal on this compared to MSRP
5. @BMCLIGHTS 2017-2024 FORD F250-F450 SUPER DUTY HITCH BAR ™ LIGHTING KIT - PAIR. I got these with the diffused Rigid SR-Q Pro 6" Midnight Series *, standard 2 light end cap,
6. @BMCLIGHTS 2023-2024 Ford Super Duty Fog Light Kit with BajaPro - clear lenses on the S2 pros and amber lenses on the Squadron pros. Connecting the S2s to the factory fog lamp switch and the Squadrons to an upfitter.

Shout-out to Brian @BMCLIGHTS for making sure I have all the harnesses needed to make the connections for the hitch lights and fog lights. Super excited to see these when I pick up the truck tomorrow.

7. Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount with the Rough Country PRO12000S winch. I was hoping to be able to install the Apex 12K winch, bit it is about 0.5" too wide to fit the mounting plate and the only way it would seem to work is with the plastic body around the winch removed.

Note for anyone looking to do this install on a '23/'24, there is also some trimming required to get the mounting bracket to work. Turns out the fairlead mount hits some of the bracketry for the bumper. So for anyone with a diesel, it requires trimming in two places. Since I have gas it is just so it doesn't interfere with the bumper's mounting brackets.

View attachment 154687
"Nice timing since it is just before @Lunch Box 's world record Tremor meet-up."

You had to put that in there, didn't you. 🤪

Lookn' good! Can't wait to see it tomorrow! I want to get one of those Weboost kits, so interested to see how you installed it.

I’ve been considering them for my Carli lift and some PPF
I've got future plans with them for additional lighting, suspension work, and a few other mods I have on my list. I've been happy with the quality of their work and pricing.

I've got future plans with them for additional lighting, suspension work, and a few other mods I have on my list. I've been happy with the quality of their work and pricing.
Great to hear, probably the closest shop to me that isn’t 4 wheel parts

1. NOCO Genius GEN5X1

View attachment 154687
Where did you end up mounting your NOCO 5X at? Very few mounting places. Any pics?

Where did you end up mounting your NOCO 5X at? Very few mounting places. Any pics?
Sorry for not responding sooner. I had the shop install it and just went out to see where they put it. I can see they attached it to the driver's side battery. The device itself seems to be tucked up under the plastic piece at the front of the engine bay, in front of the radiator. I can see where the cables run and the power cord going down to the Noco plug. Following the wires with my hand, it is in front of a foam piece above the radiator. I can't see it through the grill so it's hidden pretty well.

I appreciate where they put it as it will keep it out of the way and like dry. Also would keep it from getting as cooked by the engine.

I'll have to get my scope camera charged to see if I can get a photo of how it's secured in there.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I had the shop install it and just went out to see where they put it. I can see they attached it to the driver's side battery. The device itself seems to be tucked up under the plastic piece at the front of the engine bay, in front of the radiator. I can see where the cables run and the power cord going down to the Noco plug. Following the wires with my hand, it is in front of a foam piece above the radiator. I can't see it through the grill so it's hidden pretty well.

I appreciate where they put it as it will keep it out of the way and like dry. Also would keep it from getting as cooked by the engine.

I'll have to get my scope camera charged to see if I can get a photo of how it's secured in there.
When I get the chance, I will look in that area. My concern is the heat also and that area seems like it would be able to shield it.....at least a little bit.

Congrats on your "Trail Captain" badge 👨🏻‍✈️

Back