Drove a 2021 Tremor 6.7 today

Fidelis_One

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
USMC
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor - Star White Metallic - 6.7L Diesel - Lariat Ultimate
It was like driving a completely different truck than my 2020 Tremor 7.3 - both an XLT, I have upgraded to leather seats, but nothing else was really different.

My truck is back at the shop for the vibration issues from my other posts, but the 2021 6.7 was so damn smooth. Smoother at idle, smoother when putting into gear, smoother acceleration, and riding at 85-90 on the highway had not vibration.

Hoping the tire fix on my truck will take the vibration away, but now driving in the 2021 6.7 makes me question what the shop said about how the rough gear change and shifting was just because of the 10 spd trans and it would work itself out.

the shop said about how the rough gear change and shifting was just because of the 10 spd trans and it would work itself out.

No disrespect meant but I thought you might like in on
some prime beachfront property I'm selling in Kansas?

No disrespect meant but I thought you might like in on
some prime beachfront property I'm selling in kansas.

Meh. Not helpful. I'm not a freaking idiot.

Half the people make comments on how it's a super duty.. it's supposed to be rougher. Others say it's not supposed to be that way.

I don't know a legitimate reason why a dealership service forman at a dealership that does all my service for years would benefit from lying to me.

Meh. Not helpful. I'm not a freaking idiot.

Half the people make comments on how it's a super duty.. it's supposed to be rougher. Others say it's not supposed to be that way.

I don't know a legitimate reason why a dealership service forman at a dealership that does all my service for years would benefit from lying to me.
It is true about the rough gear changes on the new truck. It even says it is normal in the owners manual. It will smooth out after it calibrates to your driving habits.

I do love my 6.7, but l wonder how much of the distinction you observed is attributable to the problems your particular truck is experiencing. Have you driven another 7.3 Tremor for comparison?

I’ve got about 600 miles on mine so far, its a 6.7.

some roads it’s smooth as glass
some roads it shakes
some roads that look smooth it shakes
some roads that look rough it’s surprisingly smooth.
it rides like every other 3/4 - 1 ton truck I’ve owned
The knobby-ish tires do weird things and there is a high number of them that have problems. Your issues could be the tires, or the trans or your (rightfully so) hyper sensitivity to any vibrations due to your previous trans issues.

Some things I notice about the 10 speed I don’t care for right now. Shifting into reverse feels strange, feels like there is slop in the entire drive line. My 17’ with the 6 speed felt Nothing like this. The other thing is when going slow (5-10mph) it’s in 2nd or 3rd or 4th and it feels like the converter is locked (it feels like a manual trans would feel at that speed), it’s not smooth like the 6 speed was at low speed.

The 6.7 is smooth, the power just rolls on and the torque just keeps pulling you till you hit the speed limiter (or let off). You made a mistake driving that 6.7, you won’t be happy till there is one in your driveway. :cool:

It was like driving a completely different truck than my 2020 Tremor 7.3 - both an XLT, I have upgraded to leather seats, but nothing else was really different.

My truck is back at the shop for the vibration issues from my other posts, but the 2021 6.7 was so damn smooth. Smoother at idle, smoother when putting into gear, smoother acceleration, and riding at 85-90 on the highway had not vibration.

Hoping the tire fix on my truck will take the vibration away, but now driving in the 2021 6.7 makes me question what the shop said about how the rough gear change and shifting was just because of the 10 spd trans and it would work itself out.
I live near Brandon, just curious what dealership do you have it at ..?? I only use Brandon Ford, but they can get really backed up. For my 6.7's, I've found Gator Ford to be great.

I do love my 6.7, but l wonder how much of the distinction you observed is attributable to the problems your particular truck is experiencing. Have you driven another 7.3 Tremor for comparison?
I drove another one during test drive, and I dont remember the same issues. Of course I wasnt as in tune with it at the time.

Do you think the 6.7 should change the ride or transmission function substantially? I get the 6.7 would be a different throttle response, but wouldn't have expected a major difference in transmission function.

I live near Brandon, just curious what dealership do you have it at ..?? I only use Brandon Ford, but they can get really backed up. For my 6.7's, I've found Gator Ford to be great.
I have it at Elder now. Bought it at Bill Curry. Bought my 2 previous trucks at Brandon though.

I drove another one during test drive, and I dont remember the same issues. Of course I wasnt as in tune with it at the time.

Do you think the 6.7 should change the ride or transmission function substantially? I get the 6.7 would be a different throttle response, but wouldn't have expected a major difference in transmission function.
Haven't drove a 7.3 yet , but diesel don't rev as high as gas engines to get up to speed at same rate , lower rpm = easier shifts

I haven't driven a 7.3, but I would be surprised if the difference in ride or transmission behavior is substantial. I would certainly expect some perceptible differences, and likely a smoother ride overall with the 6.7, but probably not a night and day difference as you observed --although I could be wrong there. The best thing to do would probably be to test drive another 7.3 when you have time. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

I am at 1300 miles on my 7.3 and am not very happy with the transmission when I have to get on and off the throttle and brake in traffic. As Skibum1681 says, maybe the torque converter management is the issue. I hope it learns and works itself out, but I may just need to modify pedal work to make it smoother.

I am at 1300 miles on my 7.3 and am not very happy with the transmission when I have to get on and off the throttle and brake in traffic. As Skibum1681 says, maybe the torque converter management is the issue. I hope it learns and works itself out, but I may just need to modify pedal work to make it smoother.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. So the torque converter has an electronic management protocol that is supposed to adapt over time?

Back