My factory antenna mount broke

Driftwood

First Tremor on Methods!
Retired Mod ⚒️
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
The metal mount plate that the factory antenna attaches to broke. You can see in the photo where it separated. I guess having my antenna hit on the parking garage concrete beams for the last year finally took a toll. Wonder if I can get it covered under warranty.

20210402_155820.jpg

I’m confused, I thought that’s what that metal stick was primarily designed for. As a height warning system. :p

Nope. You'll lose signal strength with any shortening of the antenna. But if you won't notice it unless you're far away from the signal source.
This antenna has no effect on xm reception correct?

I just ordered one thats 13" from Amazon with free returns will check it out but I feel my base may be compromised as well
Rydonair 13" has slightly better reviews than the Stuby. there are a ton of knock offs out there, so look into what you get. I figure if it doesn't work I will send it back. I can drop the amazon package at my local Kohls store for a return. No risk.

FYI, from another short antenna thread I posted in:
Fair warning: I did a stubby antenna on my current truck (F-150) and it rusted out within a few years. Lost all reception because of the rust.

When I tried to remove the stubby to reinstall the factory one and have a working antenna again, the threaded stub stayed in the hole (basically an adapter they used that was male threaded on both ends). Couldn’t get it out for the life of me - PB Blaster, screw extractor, drilling it out. Ended up having to replace the antenna housing. Was a PITA.

So if you do replace the factory one, some things to check for:
1. Stainless steel threads if possible.
2. Put some dielectric grease on the threads when you install it to hopefully prevent it from rusting.

Edit: turns out I documented which one I bought. It was the Craven Speed one: https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-stubby-antenna/?301Redirect=yes&ID=259

https://www.getoemparts.com/oem-parts/ford-base-hc3z18a984a

A buddy of mine ordered this the other day after his antenna base broke in the automatic car wash. From what we could tell the metal piece that broke is connected to the antenna wiring that goes to the radio/under the dash (one piece). It hasn’t come in yet but thought this link might help. There’s several options (some say without sync and what not).

"Ford denied the warranty claim"

Way to build brand loyalty, Ford!

What's their cost on that, $200? Dealer couldn't bring himself
to give it to you at his cost? :mad:

Update: Ford denied the warranty claim, and I was told $541 to replace it. Nope. Not happening.
Well sorry, but I did learn from you! I got a Radyon Air 13" Amazon deal
It has good reception and won't drag on my 7' tall door at my shop. I would have been a month behind you for that same repair.

I will try and post a link.

I just took mine off on my last truck. Seems like I never listen to AM/FM anymore.

has anyone noticed that the factory antenna doesn’t sit flush in the hole? Like it doesn’t thread all the way down.

Back