Clunk/pop Sound in 4WD (sound on)

It sure looks like the hubs are not sealed well at all.
I was told (news to me) that they are not inteded to be submerged in water for any length of time which if they are part of the wheel, rim, and axle, how does this not apply?!

Guys in wet regions replace their hubs once a year? Or so I was told...

What about rain? I certainly need more education because I am totally lost.

What was your reason for going to the warns over the factory hubs last year?
My stock hubs were trashed and after learning all internals are simply plastic, I opted for the reputable Warn Premium hubs which aren't too premium after all.

Again, my ignorance on this subject has me still looking for answers.

Makes you wonder why those ESOF hubs are getting tossed out. That's crazy gunk!!

I finally got my Eaton front locker. Haven’t had it installed yet. Where did you end up putting the switch for it? My OCD has me real torn on this
Upfitter switch if you have any left :) That was my plan. Keeping the stock limited lip diff for now though.

Upfitter switch if you have any left :) That was my plan. Keeping the stock limited lip diff for now though.
I’m gonna find a spot for their switch to go, or a different aftermarket one. I really want to keep my upfitters for other stuff if I can - not that I have any thoughts for the ones that remain.

Guys so I come to find out that my front end 4wd clunking noise was not solved by replacing the manul hubs.

The shop seems to think ball joints or axle u-joints?

As you can see, I'm trying to climb a small incline while 4L.

Once I look both front and rear axles, I creep up it no problem and I get no clunck (under load).

Thoughts?

Guys so I come to find out that my front end 4wd clunking noise was not solved by replacing the manul hubs.

The shop seems to think ball joints or axle u-joints?

As you can see, I'm trying to climb a small incline while 4L.

Once I look both front and rear axles, I creep up it no problem and I get no clunck (under load).

Thoughts?

View attachment 156343
I wasnt gonna comment at all b/c i have nothing of value to add... but... the shop thinking this is BJs needs to watch this video.
Your truck doesnt appear to move (jostle) much, if any, at all. But maybe theres something about BJs on these trucks i dont know? However, the sound occurs once your front driveshaft starts to spin and frequency appears to be directly correlated to the shafts rpm.

Best of luck. I hope you are able to get this figured out. Not knowing can be very frustrating.

Back