Banks Pedal Monster Reviews, Questions, and more!

Are you happy with the Banks Pedal Monster?

• Yes

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
I ran the harness to the OBD2 and zip-tied it along the way. Sorry about the crappy pictures...
IMG_0774.jpg

Has anyone seen any difference in MPG sunce installing this? Better ? Worse?
worse would be my guess. Unless you got it for eco mode. I haven’t installed mine yet but got worse mpg in my tundra. It’s a lot more fun to drive with it. Hence worse mpg.

worse would be my guess. Unless you got it for eco mode. I haven’t installed mine yet but got worse mpg in my tundra. It’s a lot more fun to drive with it. Hence worse mpg.
That's what I would guess. Just wondering what guys are actually seeing

Has anyone seen any difference in MPG sunce installing this? Better ? Worse?
Just completed first fill up since installing. 8.9 MPG!!!! 85% stop light city traffic and quite a bit of parked idle too. To be fair I was getting about 10.5 MPG before install. I have the responsiveness set on city at 10. I’ll try city at maybe 5 and see what I get next fill up.

According to Jay at Banks, the update will be available in the next week or so. Please see this thread for the details:

Banks Software Fix
Turned my app on today to mess with a Mitsubishi Lancer and had to wait for an update to install :(. Lol.

As others have said, the install is quick and easy. I have mine set to city 5 and the power seems to come on nice and smooth. It's great that you can make adjustments using the iphone app when coming to a complete stop. (No need to have it in park).

So it's been over a month since we did the group buy on the Pedal Monster.

Anyone unhappy with the purchase or just didn't notice much of a difference?

I'm quite pleased at how well the device works and the ease of installation. I keep the program set on about level 4 city so my mileage hasn't changed much. It's just producing the acceleration from stops that I was doing without it, I just don't have to press so far on the accelerator to achieve my preferred level of "take off". I've averaged between 13 and 14 mpg since day one of ownership and I'm quite satisfied so far. ?

Edit: gotta love typos. 13-14 mph would have been quite disappointing to say the least. I knew the 7.3 would be thirsty, but to have a heavy truck drive with this much pep and still get better than 12 mpg is very pleasing to me.

Last edited:
I have been happy with the purchase especially at that price point. I have tried several settings and am currently at Sport 3. My truck is diesel. I have seen only a minor decrease in fuel mileage, less than 1 mile per gallon but I also don’t drive it like I stole it, even with the PedalMonster. I’m currently averaging 18mpg including all types of driving. It does make the truck more fun to drive, so all things considered it’s a worthwhile purchase in my opinion.

Last edited:
Love mine, only draw back, was I lost about 1.5 mpg around town. However I am not easy on the throttle. Highway mpg still the same. For me personally, made a huge difference with throttle response and transmission response. Throttle is more predictable. I still don't care for Ford's torque management programming (Pedal Monster does not fix this), but overall very pleased.

So I finally got around to installing mine. Small issue. Now that it’s installed in the port there is no light on when I unplug my seatbelt or chime if I drive without my seatbelt on. Why would that be?

I am happy with mine. Most of my driving is city, stop light, hauling trailers and the truck was missing the initial get up and go from a stop that I am used to from a diesel. This product helps take care of that without having to mash down on the pedal. The issue I have, which I don't think is related to the pedal monster, is occasionally the truck just falls flat during the first shift and causes it to lurch when it gets into gear. Currently I have it set on City 8, I may try Sport 1 or 2 and see if that adjusts anything.

Anyone have voltage issues with their units? Mine has been giving out where I have no acceleration for a second. Then I get a 002 error for voltage out of range.

Back