Banks Pedal Monster Reviews, Questions, and more!

Are you happy with the Banks Pedal Monster?

• Yes

Votes: 44 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
Just installed mine, have it in sport mode, level 6. made a huge difference. Need to figure out how to settle down the throttle in reverse, dug a hole in my gravel drive way. Found a great spot to mount it, I will post some pictures later.
Jay from Banks here. Please go into the Settings menu at the top left corner of your app. Under Vehicle Selection, please ensure you've selected Ford 6.7l. This should allow the PedalMonster to see Reverse Gear, and return its sensitivity to stock when you're in reverse. If this doesn't work, please try Ford Standard. If neither works, please email me so I can have our engineering team investigate immediately. [email protected]

OK, got the stock reverse to work, had to select Ford 6.7, before I had selected Ford standard, as I have a 7.3 gas.
1619039376147.png

I never got a message that mine shipped, it just showed up a couple days after I ordered it.
Sorry about the surprise shipment. We're transitioning between Customer Record Management (CRM) software systems right now. And, as all massive IT migrations go, they're never perfect.

Is anyone that is running the Pedal Monster already doing so with a splitter on the OBDII port? Wasn’t sure if it’s worth the trouble on the off chance I need to plug by scanner in or mess with FORscan.
PedalMonster will work great with a splitter for situations like when you're using Amp steps, etc. However, if you have another OBD scanner plugged in, both devices will fight for OBD traffic. If having both devices plugged in at the same time is a must, simply go into the PedalMonster app menu and select NO-OBD mode from the Vehicle Selection drop-down menu. This will disable the PedalMonster's OBD data stream, allowing your other OBD devices to communicate uninterrupted, with your ECM. The only downside is that the PedalMonster will no longer see reverse gear so you'll have your selected sensitivity in reverse.

PedalMonster will work great with a splitter for situations like when you're using Amp steps, etc. However, if you have another OBD scanner plugged in, both devices will fight for OBD traffic. If having both devices plugged in at the same time is a must, simply go into the PedalMonster app menu and select NO-OBD mode from the Vehicle Selection drop-down menu. This will disable the PedalMonster's OBD data stream, allowing your other OBD devices to communicate uninterrupted, with your ECM. The only downside is that the PedalMonster will no longer see reverse gear so you'll have your selected sensitivity in reverse.
Dang, I should have done more homework. Looked at so many of these things lately and thought Banks just plugged in at the pedal. I do have the AMP steps with the OBD splitter but will probably add a splitter to the splitter to keep the OEM one free. You designers that require the use of that connection should provide a splitter or use a pass through connector(Is there such a thing?) So there is still a place to plug into. You also mentioned disabling the port access. I take it you have to do this when your using a tuner like the one from 5 star? The literature on the pedal monster states that it plays well with tunes.

Thanks again.

Dang, I should have done more homework. Looked at so many of these things lately and thought Banks just plugged in at the pedal. I do have the AMP steps with the OBD splitter but will probably add a splitter to the splitter to keep the OEM one free. You designers that require the use of that connection should provide a splitter or use a pass through connector(Is there such a thing?) So there is still a place to plug into. You also mentioned disabling the port access. I take it you have to do this when your using a tuner like the one from 5 star? The literature on the pedal monster states that it plays well with tunes.

Thanks again.
I just ordered this one from Amazon. Offers a pass through on the factory OBDII location and a cable to the second port.
Flipping a setting or two and having the ability to just plug my scanner in doesn’t seem that big of a trade off.

bbfly-A9 OBD II OBD2 16 Pin Splitter Extension 1x Male and 2X Female Extension Cable Adapter (2FT/60CM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711LGRGQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_81AGKYV3QE5EK7DFMGM4

Jay from Banks here. Please go into the Settings menu at the top left corner of your app. Under Vehicle Selection, please ensure you've selected Ford 6.7l. This should allow the PedalMonster to see Reverse Gear, and return its sensitivity to stock when you're in reverse. If this doesn't work, please try Ford Standard. If neither works, please email me so I can have our engineering team investigate immediately. [email protected]
Just to confirm, this is regardless of engine (7.3 gas or 6.7 diesel)?

I just ordered this one from Amazon. Offers a pass through on the factory OBDII location and a cable to the second port.
Flipping a setting or two and having the ability to just plug my scanner in doesn’t seem that big of a trade off.

bbfly-A9 OBD II OBD2 16 Pin Splitter Extension 1x Male and 2X Female Extension Cable Adapter (2FT/60CM) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711LGRGQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_81AGKYV3QE5EK7DFMGM4
OK so there are pass through connectors, great. I will find out what I have to do when I get around to using the tuner. I don't even have one tune yet for the 5 star tuner as I have not decided on the exhaust and intake.

Thanks.

OK so there are pass through connectors, great. I will find out what I have to do when I get around to using the tuner. I don't even have one tune yet for the 5 star tuner as I have not decided on the exhaust and intake.

Thanks.
Turbotime stated that the ECM for the 6.7 and 7.3 are the same so yes for now. Sounds like they are planning on adding in the 7.3.

Hello Jay, glad you signed in to the forum and are following the conversations. Many of us are big fans of the Banks products over the years. Also thanks for helping some of us more tech challenged folks get the new mod up to speed and working! ?

Last edited:
I never got a message that mine shipped, it just showed up a couple days after I ordered it.

Same here! Mine just showed up today without ever receiving a message about it shipping. :cool:

Is anyone that is running the Pedal Monster already doing so with a splitter on the OBDII port? Wasn’t sure if it’s worth the trouble on the off chance I need to plug by scanner in or mess with FORscan.

I did not buy the splitter. I plan to unplug it when I am doing Forscan changes, as I will be sitting in my driveway or garage.

Mine arrived today as well. Can’t wait to get it in this weekend. That’s what she said.

Thanks.

Unless you are planning to use the tuner itself as a set of gauges, like the nGauge tuner, then there is no reason to leave it plugged in after uploading your tune.

Just an FYI, pedal enhancers like the Pedal Monster and tunes from anyone other than Banks do not normally work well together as they are both trying to alter parameters on the truck in real time.

Back