Banks Pedal Monster Reviews, Questions, and more!

Are you happy with the Banks Pedal Monster?

• Yes

Votes: 44 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
I have had mine on my 2022 6.7 for almost a year and keep it in Sport 5-6. A couple of weeks ago I removed it to take the truck in for service and haven't reinstalled it yet. The truck definitely feels sluggish to me now. I removed mine before service because it only took 5 minutes to remove it and not take a chance on the dealership screwing me over.
I took mine out when I brought the truck to the dealer for the sync/ota update fix and never got around to putting it back in as well.

I don't find that I use many of the settings. The truck gets way to squirrely for most of the "performance settings". I'm usually in city mode and I find that provides enough response for me.
That has been my experience too. City mode set about half way up. Everything else just seemed to go straight to eleven w no ramp.

I like the PM for the most part but it didn’t get rid of that dead pedal. When slowing down but not stopping all the way and then trying to accelerate again, nothing happens for a split second. Was really hoping it would get rid of that. Anyone else with the same experience?

I like the PM for the most part but it didn’t get rid of that dead pedal. When slowing down but not stopping all the way and then trying to accelerate again, nothing happens for a split second. Was really hoping it would get rid of that. Anyone else with the same experience?
I’m about to buy one of these and the dead pedal issue is the only real reason I want it. If that issue still exists, than I definitely have no interest now

I’m about to buy one of these and the dead pedal issue is the only real reason I want it. If that issue still exists, than I definitely have no interest now

I wonder if others are seeing the same thing. There is some upside as it does drive better the rest of the time.

Anybody have feedback on the dead pedal comments?

The "dead pedal" issue is a TCM situation. The PM has zero effect on the TCM, it simply changes the rate of acceleration/pedal movement. Taking your foot off the accelerator sets up a gear change process. Even if it stays in the same gear due to immediately going back to the accelerator, the PCM still goes through that program step. It's kind of a downfall of electronic transmission control systems. I'm sure a better program could solve the problem, but the PM is not the solution. As alluded to in the previous post, it does increase the fun factor when driving the truck.

I spoke to Banks today and they seem to think it could be because I have “Trim” turned on. I have it set to Medium. They asked to turn it off and see if that works as they said the PM should eliminate the dead pedal. I will try tomorrow to see if turning “Trim” off works. There’s a specific place that this happens everyday so I will know tomorrow as long as I remember to turn “Trim” off before I leave. 😀

I spoke to Banks today and they seem to think it could be because I have “Trim” turned on. I have it set to Medium. They asked to turn it off and see if that works as they said the PM should eliminate the dead pedal. I will try tomorrow to see if turning “Trim” off works. There’s a specific place that this happens everyday so I will know tomorrow as long as I remember to turn “Trim” off before I leave. 😀
"Trim" within the pedal monster?

Attachments

• IMG_5722.jpeg
    IMG_5722.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 13
It’s a setting for starting off. Little more control from a stop, especially for towing.
Ok, was not aware 😳. I have learned how to feather the throttle, so don't miss it. I bet that's what's causing your issue.

I've had a pedal monster for awhile now (year+?) and like it, but still rarely touch it. Pretty much stays on City-7.

That said, "trim" is turned off and I still occasionally get the annoying dead pedal feel / zero throttle response lag when slowing to make a hard turn but not fully stopping. Absolutely the most annoying thing about this truck. I'd take an old school 5 or 6 speed over this self learning overly smart... and yet dumb... 10 speed any day of the week.

I've had a pedal monster for awhile now (year+?) and like it, but still rarely touch it. Pretty much stays on City-7.

That said, "trim" is turned off and I still occasionally get the annoying dead pedal feel / zero throttle response lag when slowing to make a hard turn but not fully stopping. Absolutely the most annoying thing about this truck. I'd take an old school 5 or 6 speed over this self learning overly smart... and yet dumb... 10 speed any day of the week.
Not what I want to read but I will give turning off trim tomorrow. I do completely agree with you about the 10 speed. Would love a 6 speed.

I am also in the prefer the 6spd club. My '15 was a monster and so fun to drive. My Tremor is a dog, compared to it, from 0 to like 50 mph especially. Between delay in electronics, boost to come up, it just sucks. I blame most of the 10 spd problems on Ford's programming. Also, these manufactuers should have to disclose when my full horse power and torque is available. If I could take my '15 powertrain and put into my '20 I would be a very happy camper.

I am also in the prefer the 6spd club. My '15 was a monster and so fun to drive. My Tremor is a dog, compared to it, from 0 to like 50 mph especially. Between delay in electronics, boost to come up, it just sucks. I blame most of the 10 spd problems on Ford's programming. Also, these manufactuers should have to disclose when my full horse power and torque is available. If I could take my '15 powertrain and put into my '20 I would be a very happy camper.
I had '17 6.7 with a 6 speed, now have a '21 6.7 with a 10speed. I have not experienced any of the issues your have mentioned with the 10 speed. I'm confident our driving habits are different and that may be the issue.

With the PM I only experience it if I'm in eco mode, which is pretty much never. Last time I was tho, I was trying to merge on the hwy w/a car coming up fast and the truck fell flat on its face for a sec even w me panic mashing the go pedal. I've noticed that in tow/haul mode (whether towing or not) the truck is more apt to downshift w accelerator input.

Zero issues with my Pedal Monster, installation was cake, glad I bought it.

Just ordered my Pedal Monster, just a side note here, if you put all your info in and then don't buy, they will send you a 10% off code.

Just ordered my Pedal Monster, just a side note here, if you put all your info in and then don't buy, they will send you a 10% off code.
Are you speaking from first person experience?

Are you speaking from first person experience?
Yes, just happened, I was unsure when it came time to hit purchase, bout an hour later they emailed me 10% off. Gotta put all your info in and get to the point of hitting purchase.

Back