Aftermarket Wheels & Tire size/offset photos

I had an 02 Superduty. And back in the day everyone claimed that aftermarket rims had to be hubcentric to properly fit the superduty. Is that not the case now?
Are the stock rims hubcentric?

Thanks

C
I ran a tire shop for almost 10 years and all OEM wheels are hub centric and most tire shops balance wheels on a balancer using a hub centric setup. I have never seen an aftermarket wheel that was hub centric without a ring. And when you try and balance the aftermarket wheel with its hub centric ring on a balancer setup for hub centric it almost never works perfect or repeatable.

Tire balancer do have lug centric setups to do after market wheels and they balance the aftermarket wheels better but that requires you to get a technician who is not in a rush or is used to dealing with aftermarket wheels. Technician training is usually about a day long and they usually don't know much about cars to begin with or think they know everything at 18 which is worse. The length of retention is also fairly short so if you find one that is good they usually aren't around for more than a couple years.

Final note on tire and wheel choices is to remember that the stock tires are rated at a bit over 4k lbs so I would make sure to get tire and wheel combos that were equal or greater if you want to retain the load carrying ability of the truck. I see a lot of folks choosing combos that are 3500 lbs each and that reduces your bed weight by 1k or usually over 1/3 of total capacity. The tongue weight on a 6.7 is 2100 lbs. I am not smart enough to translate what a 1k loss in tire capacity means to the reduction of tongue weight capacity from different tire choices but it doesn't seem wise.
 
Method nv hd wheels, toyo 37 rt's, and Wicked suspension leveling kit.

Jamie R.
Black Platinum Tremor

20200829_185908.jpg

20200829_185339.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some great looking trucks. I got on the list today at CJC Off-road to install a carli 2.5 leveling kit. Hopefully Carli will have the new 2.5 kit for the 7.3 time my install comes up. Waiting list is about 2 month at CJC. For rims and tires I am going with the dirty life DT-2 9304 17x9 and 37” tires but not sure what brand.
I wonder with Carli 2.5 level you can go up to Toyo MT 315/70r18 on factory wheels with no rub? Set at 36". Had them on 2013 FX4 and loved them. They will fit on factory wheels.
 
Where’s the pictures??? ????

Returned them, did an about face and went with these.

1552 Turbomac HD 20x9 0ET
K02 295/65/20
 

Attachments

  • 20200914_164802.webp
    20200914_164802.webp
    445.8 KB · Views: 1,507
  • 20200914_164829.webp
    20200914_164829.webp
    359.9 KB · Views: 1,530
  • 20200914_164841.webp
    20200914_164841.webp
    476 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 20200914_164856.webp
    20200914_164856.webp
    379.8 KB · Views: 1,354
Returned them, did an about face and went with these.

1552 Turbomac HD 20x9 0ET
K02 295/65/20


Definitely different, I like them. fifteen52 makes some nice wheels and pricey ones. What made you return the Black rhino prims?
 
Definitely different, I like them. fifteen52 makes some nice wheels and pricey ones. What made you return the Black rhino prims?

Didn't like the look without the center cap on the rear. The Fifteen52s go in from the back but the cap is removable on the front so I can still access the locker if needed. I was having an issue with bot having a uniformed look on the Primm.
 
I am wheel and tire stupid. So please excuse my ignorance. While I was on travel last month, the misses got some assistance from a friend for my anniversary and purchased me some Lund fender flares (she absolutely loves the truck and is always buys stuff for it). Well now I need new wheels and tires (because I installed em and I am crying because of the look). I would desire 20X10 (or 20X9 or 9.5 if recommended) but I need the wheels to extend out 2 more inches to be inline/more flush with the fender flares. I noticed a lot of folk have an offset of 18, but that does not look to be what I am needing, I feel I need something more. See from the images, this now looks terrible.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    127.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    129.9 KB · Views: 467
I am wheel and tire stupid. So please excuse my ignorance. While I was on travel last month, the misses got some assistance from a friend for my anniversary and purchased me some Lund fender flares (she absolutely loves the truck and is always buys stuff for it). Well now I need new wheels and tires (because I installed em and I am crying because of the look). I would desire 20X10 (or 20X9 or 9.5 if recommended) but I need the wheels to extend out 2 more inches to be inline/more flush with the fender flares. I noticed a lot of folk have an offset of 18, but that does not look to be what I am needing, I

20x10 -18 and a 35x12.50 will solve it! Look at the very first post.
 
One last question from the uninformed. For 30 years I just been getting stock size tires from Big O or on the military installation nearest. Do y’all order your tires online or do you have a shop you go to? If online are you ordering with the air sensor too? Just asking. It’s a lot of $$ for an online order, and I would hate to fubar it (wife would ride my ass and never let it go if I got scammed).
 
Back
Top Bottom