Aftermarket Wheels & Tire size/offset photos

@tchur1 are those Method 709 wheels? If so would happen to have a side view showing how far ot past the fender they are? Am looking to get those but wasn't sure how the offset would look.

709's. sorry the wheel is turned, my guess is probably 1 1/2" or so.


IMG_4108.webp
 
@tchur1 are those Method 709 wheels? If so would happen to have a side view showing how far ot past the fender they are? Am looking to get those but wasn't sure how the offset would look.
No these are battle born sierras. They are +0 offset and have some poke. I can post a photo tomorrow if its still useful for you.
 
fuel has great customer service, i reachee out because the center caps dont fit my rear wheels, fuel has new caps they are sending no charge
Glad to hear Fuel customer service has improved.

We had a fuel wheel on our 2008 F350 that leaked air through the wheel. I’d never seen that before, but it was very visible in the dunk tank… There was a persistent air leak right through the middle of the wheel, about 4” inside from the rim. We couldn’t see the hole, but we could watch as bubbles would form on the surface of the aluminum, then release. It was super strange, as there wasn’t a blemish on the wheel, and it had not struck anything. This happened about 14 months after buying the wheels, so Fuel said we were past the warranty, so they would not help. Unfortunately, Fuel had also discontinued that wheel style, and the tire store couldn’t find a single anywhere, so we had to buy 4 new wheels. The tire store (Les Schwab) eventually agreed to sell us new wheels at 50% off (roughly their cost) but only after I got pissed and pointed out that we’d bought more than twenty sets of tires and many wheels from them over the preceding 25 years, so we’d earned a little good will. (By that time, Les had passed away and the emphasis on service was gone.) I stopped buying Fuel wheels after that, which is a shame, as they make some great looking wheels.
 
By that time, Les had passed away and the emphasis on service was gone.
I lived just down the road from Les’ daughter when he passed. The barn she built shortly after was nicer than most people’s homes. I remember going over there with a friend and got to see the inside of it. He would have been rolling in his grave if he saw how much money she was spending.

It was sad to see the corporate culture shift like it did, too, knowing that’s not what he wanted. Haven’t bought much from them in the last 15 years or so.
 
I lived just down the road from Les’ daughter when he passed. The barn she built shortly after was nicer than most people’s homes. I remember going over there with a friend and got to see the inside of it. He would have been rolling in his grave if he saw how much money she was spending.

It was sad to see the corporate culture shift like it did, too, knowing that’s not what he wanted. Haven’t bought much from them in the last 15 years or so.
He was great, and his business was great. The “sudden service” pledge, and the emphasis on customer service above all else, made it worth paying more to buy from Les Schwab, and it made him fabulously successful.

He was worth well north of $1 billion when he died. Like several other extremely rich people I’ve met, he continued to live very modestly compared to the lifestyle he could have afforded. His ranch was enormous, but he wasn’t flying around the world in a G5.

You can build a lot of really nice barns in Prineville before you put a dent in $1 billion…
 
I lived just down the road from Les’ daughter when he passed. The barn she built shortly after was nicer than most people’s homes. I remember going over there with a friend and got to see the inside of it. He would have been rolling in his grave if he saw how much money she was spending.

It was sad to see the corporate culture shift like it did, too, knowing that’s not what he wanted. Haven’t bought much from them in the last 15 years or so.
He was great, and his business was great. The “sudden service” pledge, and the emphasis on customer service above all else, made it worth paying more to buy from Les Schwab, and it made him fabulously successful.

He was worth well north of $1 billion when he died. Like several other extremely rich people I’ve met, he continued to live very modestly compared to the lifestyle he could have afforded. His ranch was enormous, but he wasn’t flying around the world in a G5.

can build a lot of really nice barns in Prineville before you put a dent in $1 billion…
 
You can build a lot of really nice barns in Prineville before you put a dent in $1 billion…
She wasn’t in Prineville and there was much more to it than just the barn. This isn’t just an outsiders perspective - those close to Les agreed.

The whole situation was sad. I had a lot of respect for Les as did many.
 
Last edited:
Method 707s (18x9 +18) and 37x12.50 BFG HD Terrains. Slight rubbing on the inside plastic fender trim where the factory mud flaps are attached. I think it probably wouldn’t rub if I didn’t have the flaps.

Edit: fixed the rubbing on the mud flaps by a little trimming and then zip-tieing them back a little. Small price to pay for 37’s. Ended up with about 3/4” clearance to the flaps.
IMG_7088.webp
IMG_7098.webp
IMG_7096.webp
IMG_7099.webp

IMG_7103.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7100.webp
    IMG_7100.webp
    465.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
For those interested in swapping wheels this thread might be a good resource. One of the most frequent questions is "What will this offset look like, or how far will it stick out". If you have upgraded to new wheels, please help us out by posting the size wheel / tires and offset with detailed photos.

Here's an example of 20x10 wheels mounted with 35x12.50r tires. The wheels have a negative 18 offset.

View attachment 986

View attachment 987
Look at that beast! Very nice!
 
709's. sorry the wheel is turned, my guess is probably 1 1/2" or so.


View attachment 236838
I too would love to see a few more photos. I'm currently in the market for wheels and having the offset struggle. Truck is only a month old so sticking with stock tires for now then will likely go bigger. The wheel I really want is only available in a 0 offset at the moment. Trying to figure out how much front and rear pole I will have If I go that route.
 
I too would love to see a few more photos. I'm currently in the market for wheels and having the offset struggle. Truck is only a month old so sticking with stock tires for now then will likely go bigger. The wheel I really want is only available in a 0 offset at the moment. Trying to figure out how much front and rear pole I will have If I go that route.
18mm offset means the wheel is 18mm from 0 offset aka the mounting the face of the wheel being exactly at center of the rim
.
So if you’re looking at a 9” wide wheel, like mine it’s going to stick out 18mm more than mine or roughly 3/4” more.



Imagine we’re looking at a wheel straight on. Anything toward the outside of the vehicle is considered positive offset, anything towards the inside of the vehicle is considered negative. So if you wanted super aggressive wheels you might go 18x9-25 to push the wheel out another inch.

| positive | center | negative |
+mm | +0 | -mm


If that makes sense lol
 
I ended up with Method 709 HD 18x9 +12 Offset for wheels and Toyo RT Pro 37-12.5-R18 for tires. Had the wheels mounted today. Tire pokes out about 1.5 inches i guess, including the sidewall. I like the look.
 

Attachments

  • 20251206_154558.webp
    20251206_154558.webp
    199.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 20251206_154551.webp
    20251206_154551.webp
    176.6 KB · Views: 127
I ended up with Method 709 HD 18x9 +12 Offset for wheels and Toyo RT Pro 37-12.5-R18 for tires. Had the wheels mounted today. Tire pokes out about 1.5 inches i guess, including the sidewall. I like the look.
That looks great. That's about where I would want to be. Are u stock or leveled? I couldn't quite tell.
 
Back
Top Bottom