Aftermarket Wheels & Tire size/offset photos

I started looking at aftermarket wheels. Im noticing a little variation in weight capacity. So that caused me to search and see what factory wheels are rated at. however, i have come up empty.

Does anyone know what factory wheels are rated at for weight? and what is the recommended weight rating for a 350 Diesel?
Not sure if the question of stock wheel capacity was ever definitively answered, but I had the same question. So I went searching and found this chart, at this web address:


(Lots of files/info on that website. I found this chart in the "2021 F-Series Superduty Pickup Specs" file.

1615675815704.webp
 
I went with the 17x8.5 Innov8 G600 in gray on 35” Trail Grapplers. There are a couple of nice options out there but the deciding factor for me was they are made in the USA. Spoke with Jason at Innov8 and answered all my questions. 4.5” backspacing to work with the lift, which is not installed and will bump up to 37” when completed. For those wanting an 18” they are now offering an 18x9 in all designs.
 

Attachments

  • 6D08F9E3-6D9E-4B01-B6CB-D3D69B077037.webp
    6D08F9E3-6D9E-4B01-B6CB-D3D69B077037.webp
    635.9 KB · Views: 1,369
  • D6CFB1BB-FC6C-4359-B893-B557C006D7B5.webp
    D6CFB1BB-FC6C-4359-B893-B557C006D7B5.webp
    316.7 KB · Views: 1,361
  • F349949C-EAFF-440A-8692-0C81094D730E.webp
    F349949C-EAFF-440A-8692-0C81094D730E.webp
    387.6 KB · Views: 1,277
  • B74D7B32-DC9E-4882-9E51-E139B84A012D.webp
    B74D7B32-DC9E-4882-9E51-E139B84A012D.webp
    305.7 KB · Views: 1,223
I went with the 17x8.5 Innov8 G600 in gray on 35” Trail Grapplers. There are a couple of nice options out there but the deciding factor for me was they are made in the USA. Spoke with Jason at Innov8 and answered all my questions. 4.5” backspacing to work with the lift, which is not installed and will bump up to 37” when completed. For those wanting an 18” they are now offering an 18x9 in all designs.
That's a nice look.
 
first post. Got the windows tinted 20% ceramic on top of factory and fuel covert bronze 20 x 9 +1 offset with Kenda Klevers 35x12.5x20. new tire that has great positive reviews so said what the hell. $550 less than ko2s
20210326_174800.webp
20210326_173541.webp
20210326_134854.webp
20210325_173916.webp
20210325_121853.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2322 (1).webp
    IMG_2322 (1).webp
    554.6 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_2323 (1).webp
    IMG_2323 (1).webp
    504.9 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_2324 (1).webp
    IMG_2324 (1).webp
    398 KB · Views: 746
Unfortunately only offset +18
Mine only stick out maybe 1" or so. I had other wheels ordered with a -18 offset but they said 2 or 3 weeks out so I just changed and found these. Wasn't sure at first but really like them. Wanted something other than black.
 
After a lot of discussion I pulled the trigger on:
Method 701HD Black 18x9 +18 offset wheels
Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5R18 tires

Those wheels look great! I like the fact they seem easy to keep clean, with no lip to catch and hold dirt. After having several sets of methods this is an issue (for someone who is in the dirt almost every day) I would ceramic coat them and it should be as easy as rinsing off.

Let me know if they are fairly easy to keep clean.

They also remind me of a Spoon rim from a long time ago.(y)
 
Thanks for the details. I will opt for the Backcountry shocks up front, as I like the look of the remote reservoirs and want to have some off road capabilities. I do not want to add bags for towing, so I will stick with the Add-a-packs which will also give me a slight rake in the back. My TT is 7000 lbs with an 850 lb TW, so it will most likely be level when towing. I use a Blue Ox WDH on my Raptor and I will buy the 2.5" shank for the Tremor when it arrives.

One last question on your tires. I have always bought Toyo MTs or RTs on my previous trucks, but I am seeing a lot of folks go with the Ridge Grapplers likes yours. How do they ride on the highway and how noisy are they?

A buddy of mine had the Mud Grapplers many years ago, and they got louder and louder as they wore down. At the end they were so loud, he got rid of them before they even wore out. :(
I’ve always run MT until I finally went with the Ridge Grapplers (I’m getting old I suppose). I was shocked at how quiet they are. Put about 25k miles on them so far and I’ve noticed not discernible noise increase.

I’m not sure if it’s bc it hasn’t happened or it’s happened so gradually that I don’t realize it. Regardless, still much quieter than any mud terrain. They ride very well.
 
Back
Top Bottom