-
Featured
- #641
@WinterWarlock21 nice man great run. What big brake kit do you have?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Next round of upgrades will be traction bars – I do not have any wheel hop as of now, 58-gallon fuel tank, and a big break kit – I currently do not have a front sway bar but I might add now. Extremely happy with how it turned out.
none right now, probably will go Alcon because they fit my 18 inch wheels. I want wilwood but I'd have to step up to 20's and don't want to do that.@WinterWarlock21 nice man great run. What big brake kit do you have?
Yes, it was in the truck and very easy. I took off the front grill, headlights, whipple cooler, condenser, radiator, fan, alternator, power steering pump, damper, and A/C compressor so you can get the timing cover off. Leave the water pump on the cover. Left the bumper on and you have tons of room in the front to work. Then it's easy to remove the blower. as you can get right up to it. I only have 8900 miles on the truck so the cam and lifters were pristine. I went with the Johnson 2116LSR lifters that have a tie bar and that eliminates the plastic lifter trays. I can't stand having those plastic trays that can break over time with heat and allow the lifter to rotate. Used ARP head bolts as they are reuseable.Did you do the cam and lifter swap with the engine in the truck? If so, how did that go--pain? How did your cam/lifters look when you took them out?
With all you've done to your truck, this comes across as complaining about a nice sunny day because it's warm or the rain because the grass grows.For what it's worth, the long tubes made my truck MUCH louder, too loud in my opinion. WOT is obnoxious.