Truck Campers Only, w/ an Overland & Off-roading theme

Well, I was going to get a slide in...but ended up pulling the trigger and ordering a Tune M1 topper. It will be more fun to build it out exactly how I want. This isn't my rig, but is a pic of what I believe is the only other FSD Tremor to get get one so far.
422575400_10161727110968888_7707501382822607001_n.jpg

Well, I was going to get a slide in...but ended up pulling the trigger and ordering a Tune M1 topper. It will be more fun to build it out exactly how I want. This isn't my rig, but is a pic of what I believe is the only other FSD Tremor to get get one so far.
View attachment 153625
I 100% love the looks of those campers. Very similar in demention the the Super Tramp, which is HUGE. Please keep us updated on this one. If I was buying a shell style camper that’s the one I would get for sure. Very interested.

I pull a TT, so not an overlander - BUT this thread is so enjoyable and dangerous. I have now begun to make plans towards a truck camper. It may be a multi-year journey as I work on securing the wife's approval. My big hook may be our trip to Alaska we've talked about for years and penciled in for 2027. I've started with the line "you know that trip will beat our trailer to death" and "wouldn't a truck camper (or topper) be so much more flexible" :p

I pull a TT, so not an overlander - BUT this thread is so enjoyable and dangerous. I have now begun to make plans towards a truck camper. It may be a multi-year journey as I work on securing the wife's approval. My big hook may be our trip to Alaska we've talked about for years and penciled in for 2027. I've started with the line "you know that trip will beat our trailer to death" and "wouldn't a truck camper (or topper) be so much more flexible" :p
IMG_2280.jpeg

I am with you - been feeling the pull of the Darkside :ROFLMAO: !

1714174436680.png

Whew…. If you can afford it, those look awesome! Love to hear some feedback on one.
Needs to be on a EOG - F-550 - and so the $$$$$$$$ keep rolling - yikes!

I think I'd go with Rossmonster Baja if I were to build a dedicated adventure truck. It's not quite as massive as an Earthroamer or the plethora of similar "pheasant" versions out there, but is lighter, more aerodynamic, much cheaper, and I'd argue seems nearly as nice. EDIT: I just looked back at the Rossmonster site...the Baja isn't even close to as nice as an Earthroamer, but it is still very nice.

I think I'd go with Rossmonster Baja if I were to build a dedicated adventure truck. It's not quite as massive as an Earthroamer or the plethora of similar "pheasant" versions out there, but is lighter, more aerodynamic, much cheaper, and I'd argue seems nearly as nice. EDIT: I just looked back at the Rossmonster site...the Baja isn't even close to as nice as an Earthroamer, but it is still very nice.
Well, @Chris-DTA has one on order so we will get to see some feedback in a few months!!!

Busy weekend getting ready for Sequoia and Yosemite next week. Added a 200 watt solar panel on the roof, hard-wired the dometic fridge kit, backup camera kit, and built a bed for my kid down below. Would like to eventually make it out of 8020 with an integrated storage box at the foot of the bed, but this will work for now.

Attachments

• IMG_2585.jpeg
    IMG_2585.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 34
I ordered a Baja in January and have delivery date of very late in September. They are fully custom. Your wallet determines how luxurious you want it (well, and your GVWR - Earthroamers are build on a F550 chassis). I had many calls with Rossmonster to fine-tune my build. You will not find any Baja that will be even close to mine. It will not be the most luxurious one, but also not the cheapest one. When I designed mine with them, I had functionality, luxury, and potential resale value in mind.

Busy weekend getting ready for Sequoia and Yosemite next week. Added a 200 watt solar panel on the roof, hard-wired the dometic fridge kit, backup camera kit, and built a bed for my kid down below. Would like to eventually make it out of 8020 with an integrated storage box at the foot of the bed, but this will work for now.
Looks great. Have fun. I love Sequoia ....

Our first time going! Going to the NF not the Park so we can try to find some dispersed camping after being in a campground in Yosemite.
Definitely a special place. We love it out there. Have a blast

Supertramp just dropped an email with some photos of the interior of Megatron. It’s not honestly my cup of tea, but it might be of interest to someone on here. Check it out.

IMG_2331.jpeg

image.png

image.png
image.png

image.png

Supertramp just dropped an email with some photos of the interior of Megatron. It’s not honestly my cup of tea, but it might be of interest to someone on here. Check it out.

View attachment 154335
View attachment 154331
View attachment 154332View attachment 154333
View attachment 154334
It looks interesting. I got the same email. No picture of the bed area. The table seems a bit small. I like how they set up the dinette and how much space they gain accordingly. The market segment in that price range has gotten crowded. Rexrover, GXV Hilt, Supertramp, and a little above Earthroamer. Earthroamer is completely custom - the other ones are more an off the shelf product with little room for customization.

Back