Tremors Towing Things

I think it’s time to get a bigger truck.

IMG_0533.webp
 
First time towing with the new to me 2022 Tremor. 7.3 gasser, short ~50 mile tow today. About 14K behind the truck, it did great. Coming from a 14’ 6.7 F250. Very pleased with how the truck performed! Biggest improvement I noticed was actually in how the truck handled the weight. My old truck would really feel trailers above 10K. You could feel it in the frame and the handling in general. This new truck handles much much better! Fully boxed frame is a huge upgrade. Powertrain was more than adequate, I won’t miss the diesel.

IMG_3781.webp
 
First time towing with the new to me 2022 Tremor. 7.3 gasser, short ~50 mile tow today. About 14K behind the truck, it did great. Coming from a 14’ 6.7 F250. Very pleased with how the truck performed! Biggest improvement I noticed was actually in how the truck handled the weight. My old truck would really feel trailers above 10K. You could feel it in the frame and the handling in general. This new truck handles much much better! Fully boxed frame is a huge upgrade. Powertrain was more than adequate, I won’t miss the diesel.

View attachment 139155
Yep. And the very low 1st gear means effortless pulling from a stop under any conditions. The Tremor is a wonderful truck for doing what it was designed to do. Work hard. I've also noticed the rigidity of the frame, the very solid feel of the truck under load, and the way it just does what it is asked to do without any drama or warnings or complaints.
 
Recently bought an M1102 trailer from the military auction. It wasn't level even with my 37 inch tires. Used a rental pintle hitch until I got my a Bulletproof hitch riser pintle hitch. Fits my dirt bike perfectly. Gonna be a fun project to turn into a garage for my toys on the road.
F-350 Tremor towing M1102 trailer.webp

M1102 Trailer with dirt bike.webp
 
Recently bought an M1102 trailer from the military auction. It wasn't level even with my 37 inch tires. Used a rental pintle hitch until I got my a Bulletproof hitch riser pintle hitch. Fits my dirt bike perfectly. Gonna be a fun project to turn into a garage for my toys on the road.
View attachment 146649
View attachment 146650
How long did you look for that at auction? I was looking a few years ago and there were none coming up in or near So Cal. I'll need to start looking at GovPlanet again.
 
Recently bought an M1102 trailer from the military auction. It wasn't level even with my 37 inch tires. Used a rental pintle hitch until I got my a Bulletproof hitch riser pintle hitch. Fits my dirt bike perfectly. Gonna be a fun project to turn into a garage for my toys on the road.
View attachment 146649
View attachment 146650

I've had a few over the years, cool trailers to build off of.


xJbvEzv.jpg
 
Picked up a new Casita last week to transform into my new boon docking platform for motorcycle trips and short camping trips with the misses. Lots of mods and upgrades to come. At 2500lbs empty the truck doesn't even know that it's there.

O2q0Vd9.jpg
 
Oak trees, boulders, hills... I don't think you live that far from me.
 
Oak trees, boulders, hills... I don't think you live that far from me.
This was out on a 40acre ranch we’re doing some permaculture work on in Pala…where are you located..nice backhoe
 
This was out on a 40acre ranch we’re doing some permaculture work on in Pala…where are you located..nice backhoe
8 minutes east of pala.... I'm in Pauma Valley.
 
Back
Top Bottom