Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

How tall are you?

We considered them as well, but aside from anything else the fact that I couldn’t stand up straight inside the trailer was a deal breaker. I forget the exact height, but I’m 6’3” and it was a no-go for me, not to mention the lower unit from the AC.
Thanks Bill .. The model I'm looking at has an Interior Height of 78" Of course none of the dealers in our area have one in stock. I'd like to see the exact model I want before ordering one. I may head west after my Camper sells.
 
We have a teardrop for our camping. We mainly bought it for the kitchen & storage. We usually go in a decent sized group & prefer to sleep in a 12 person tent so it’s perfect for the way we do things! Can’t wait for the season to start.
View attachment 113471
TOTM material right there. 🏆
 
Stayed in Coloma Resort here in gold country over the Presidents Day weekend. Rich history, right next to the south fork of the American River and the weather was just right. Saw 3 other SD Tremors (white, CG and AB 😎).

Yes you need to cross that bridge to get to the resort and it has size restrictions.
Nice! Right down the road from me. They've done a great job with that place! Good time of year too, off season.
 
Stayed in Coloma Resort here in gold country over the Presidents Day weekend. Rich history, right next to the south fork of the American River and the weather was just right. Saw 3 other SD Tremors (white, CG and AB 😎).

Yes you need to cross that bridge to get to the resort and it has size restrictions.
I'm supposed to go to Coloma in two weeks! Great spot and not too far of a haul. I've yet to pull my TT yet, looking forward to it though
 
We have a teardrop for our camping. We mainly bought it for the kitchen & storage. We usually go in a decent sized group & prefer to sleep in a 12 person tent so it’s perfect for the way we do things! Can’t wait for the season to start.
View attachment 113471

That looks like a Tremor of the Month photo! Awesome shot.
 
Welcome! Nice looking truck and TT. Ours is very similar in size - 31.5' exterior length, 7500lbs dry. 7.3 Tremor pulls it without issue. Love it!!
Thanks! Sounds pretty close about 1000 more dry than mine but agree on the pull. Night and dY compared to 1/2 ton f150.
 
How tall are you?

We considered them as well, but aside from anything else the fact that I couldn’t stand up straight inside the trailer was a deal breaker. I forget the exact height, but I’m 6’3” and it was a no-go for me, not to mention the lower unit from the AC.

I have a Ventire Sporttrek. Not a common travel trailer but only 6400 lbs dry and high cargo capacity. I'm 6'2 with no problems with height. 31 feet lond and live in it full time for almost 2 years. Been a solid trailer!
 
Looking into getting Kestone Cougar 368mbi 5th wheel. Dry weight is a little under 12k and pin weight is a little shy of 2k. My F350 Tremor has the 7.3 and it has 3800 payload. Is this to much trailer for my truck. Fully loaded the trailer will be 14k.
 
I wouldn't think this would be an issue at all. I don't pull a 5er (10.4k GVWR TT) but you will probably get responses from people with something similar. Based on the numbers you should be within GVWR and GCWR. You will have to take it over the scales to verify front and rear GAWR but would not expect any issues there either.
 
Looking into getting Kestone Cougar 368mbi 5th wheel. Dry weight is a little under 12k and pin weight is a little shy of 2k. My F350 Tremor has the 7.3 and it has 3800 payload. Is this to much trailer for my truck. Fully loaded the trailer will be 14k.
You should be fine with 2k pin weight - but my guess is you will find the actual pin weight to be more than advertised - but with 3,800 l.b. payload you have a lot of room to play with. Check out the towing section for more information on what folks are towing.
 
We upgraded to the 2022 F350 so we could enjoy a Grand Designs Momentum 350G. It has pulled well although the transmission was replaced at 25k miles. Still enjoying it. No longer have the Raptor.
IMG_1078.webp
IMG_1080.webp
IMG_1084.webp
IMG_1092.webp
IMG_2597.webp
 
Here's an interesting solution the Toy Tote Portable Trailer ( http://toy-tote.com/?page_id=13 ). It's built for a toy hauler so that you can load it under a Polaris RZR or a CAN-AM in your toy hauler. Each is custom built. Then, when you arrive at the campground, unload the trailer, assemble the Toy Tote and tow your toy to where you're gonna actually offload. The trailer is aluminum and weighs around 350 lbs. Even though our Toy Hauler has a 14 foot garage and the RZR is about 13 feet, there almost no room for both where I can get them to be stable. Still great as I can park the RZR on the flattened trailer in the garage.
IMG_1462.webp
IMG_1466.webp
 
Here's an interesting solution the Toy Tote Portable Trailer ( http://toy-tote.com/?page_id=13 ). It's built for a toy hauler so that you can load it under a Polaris RZR or a CAN-AM in your toy hauler. Each is custom built. Then, when you arrive at the campground, unload the trailer, assemble the Toy Tote and tow your toy to where you're gonna actually offload. The trailer is aluminum and weighs around 350 lbs. Even though our Toy Hauler has a 14 foot garage and the RZR is about 13 feet, there almost no room for both where I can get them to be stable. Still great as I can park the RZR on the flattened trailer in the garage.View attachment 113726View attachment 113727
Here's a few more pics from their site using it inside a Toy Hauler.
EPH1-1.jpg

eph1-2.jpg

Exo-Port-Haul-EPH.jpg
 
New to the forum! 1st post. Just got it in the past 2 weeks. 2021 Venture sporttrek VMB271. 31 feet and ~8600 lbs. Had a 2016 f150 5.0 L V8 before hand. What a difference! Live full time in the RV. Drove with F150 for 15,000 miles before needing upgrade!

Welcome!

We've a Venture SportTrek 343VIK with the king size bed. It's a good trailer although QC could be a little tighter at the factory.

Wife and I already made a trip this year and heading down next weekend for a short stay at a very nice USACE campground on the Black Warrior river. It's one our favorite spots.
 
Last edited:
You should be fine with 2k pin weight - but my guess is you will find the actual pin weight to be more than advertised - but with 3,800 l.b. payload you have a lot of room to play with. Check out the towing section for more information on what folks are towing.
Ty
 
Welcome!

We've a Venture SportTrek 343VIK with the king size bed. It's a good trailer although QC could be a little tighter at the factory.

Wife and I already made a trip this year and heading down next weekend for a short stay at a very nice USACE campground on the Black Warrior river. It's one our favorite spots.
Surprising I've had no significant complaints having lived in it full time almost 2 years. I'll have to check put the Black Warrior River for sure!
 
Surprising I've had no significant complaints having lived in it full time almost 2 years. I'll have to check put the Black Warrior River for sure!


49 is the best for the longer trailers. The river spots are so popular they book up when the reservation banks open. Basically have to get it 6 months in advance.

Lot 49

IMG_2332.webp


This was my Tremor's first pull back in May. IIRC this was lot 37 or 38. We have 43 for this weekend.

IMG_2810 (1).webp


Our issues aren't huge just some annoying things. We've had to take it back in several times but that has to do with supply chain issues as well. The leveling motors finally came in 2 years later so I gotta take it back to have the dealer install those. Overall I'd buy another one.
 

49 is the best for the longer trailers. The river spots are so popular they book up when the reservation banks open. Basically have to get it 6 months in advance.

Lot 49

View attachment 113766

This was my Tremor's first pull back in May. IIRC this was lot 37 or 38. We have 43 for this weekend.

View attachment 113767

Our issues aren't huge just some annoying things. We've had to take it back in several times but that has to do with supply chain issues as well. The leveling motors finally came in 2 years later so I gotta take it back to have the dealer install those. Overall I'd buy another one.
Thanks for the info! In Florida so always looking for new spots on way out. Supply chains always a pain in the as*. Ours is a 2021 and we got it in Jan of 2021 so it was before supply chain issues and crazy upcharges.
 
Thanks for the info! In Florida so always looking for new spots on way out. Supply chains always a pain in the as*. Ours is a 2021 and we got it in Jan of 2021 so it was before supply chain issues and crazy upcharges.

We bought ours June of '21.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom