Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Grand Design 341 RDS
37' length
2050 hitch weight
About 11k dry / 14k loaded

My first superduty was a dually that towed this thing beautifully, hoping when i take it to the dealer for winter repair tomorrow that i find a similar amount of confidence out of the tremor. I know it will do it, and i know people tow plenty more than in a 6.7 tremor - but ill let you guys know how it goes!
We have 40' 5th wheel that loaded is about 13.8k and about 3k of pin weight. Currently tow it with a tremor but have a dually on order. It pulls it, just not great. I'm curious how you would rate it coming from the dually. Keep us posted!
 
What's your tongue weight with that camper? The Weight Safe hitch is great for knowing your weight in real time.
1000lbs with full propane, 2 batteries, some fresh water (not full, maybe 15-20 gallons) and some random stuff in the front pass-through storage.
 
We have 40' 5th wheel that loaded is about 13.8k and about 3k of pin weight. Currently tow it with a tremor but have a dually on order. It pulls it, just not great. I'm curious how you would rate it coming from the dually. Keep us posted!
The dually was incredibly solid - especially for such a relatively light 37' camper.

The Tremor i towed in extremely high crosswinds last week, and i could feel the left rear shocks dipping on big gusts, but i did not experience much, if any, sway issues. I may look at getting a sway bar, but also that trip made me feel like if it could handle that wind then it could handle most scenarios without too much anxiety. I tow in the mountains so i'm really curious how the downhill will be comparatively.

So in summary dually is of course better, but tremor is extremely capable. Part of the reason i went to the tremor was that there were just so many times i was trying to use the dually as a daily driver but had to use my wifes expedition to get there. And, we pay a lot of money for superduties, i wanted to be able to enjoy it more often, even if towing is less stable.

Worst case i order an f-450 next year if it becomes to much to bear :ROFLMAO:
 
1000lbs with full propane, 2 batteries, some fresh water (not full, maybe 15-20 gallons) and some random stuff in the front pass-through storage.
Oh wow that’s more than I thought. My Stryker 2313 which is their only half ton towable trailer is 1100-1300 loaded up.
 
Considering a wolf creek myself…can you comment on any necessary upgrades outside of tie downs etc that were needed?
Only upgrades I did were airbags, compressor and a plug outlet in bed that the camper dealership installed.
 
The 6.7 pulls hard.

IMG_20221215_155124.webp
 
It’s the Rigd ultraswing

alucab slide out for fridge. Let me find a pic for ya
Can you share how you mounted the slide in your bed?

I've searched quite a bit but haven't really found any specifics on how to go about this. My fridge is currently mounted to a full bed slide, but I want to move to a bed cover with the fridge on its own dedicated slide.
 
Winter camping in the Texas Hill Country the week before Christmas. The weather was a bit cold, but we got home just before it dipped into the low teens.

Camper is a 41-6” Grand Design fifth wheel. I have a Carli suspension, Deaver AAPs and 5000 lb Ultimate airbags set at 45 psi when towing.

5C0F0029-BD76-45F3-84C7-E43FB4D46E16.jpeg


26BA4DAE-031B-465A-9F49-BFCB7D1A413A.jpeg


611FA3EE-505C-4DC8-8BDA-C1D5842D15E6.jpeg


Johnson City, TX light company display:

9B2C6ECD-C2EE-48FF-9256-0E51B62894A9.jpeg


Upside down Christmas tree inside Gristmill Restaurant in Gruene, TX:

4EA00695-F381-4BBE-B260-A036707F94E0.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Made it to San Diego, KOA San Diego Metro, and have seen a few Tremors in the campground. Think most have let, but there is still a black one with a Solaire TT.

3F52C492-D736-4128-900C-1DFEFD320BF6.jpeg
 
Winter camping in the Texas Hill Country the week before Christmas. The weather was a bit cold, but we got home just before it dipped into the low teens.

Camper is a 41-6” Grand Design fifth wheel. I have a Carli suspension, Deaver AAPs and 5000 lb Ultimate airbags set at 45 psi when towing.

View attachment 108969

View attachment 108970

View attachment 108971

Johnson City, TX light company display:

View attachment 108972

Upside down Christmas tree inside Gristmill Restaurant in Gruene, TX:

View attachment 108973
Winter camping in the Texas Hill Country the week before Christmas. The weather was a bit cold, but we got home just before it dipped into the low teens.

Camper is a 41-6” Grand Design fifth wheel. I have a Carli suspension, Deaver AAPs and 5000 lb Ultimate airbags set at 45 psi when towing.

View attachment 108969

View attachment 108970

View attachment 108971

Johnson City, TX light company display:

View attachment 108972

Upside down Christmas tree inside Gristmill Restaurant in Gruene, TX:

View attachment 108973
Is that at Perdenales State Park?
 
You can't beat the Tremor Hawk camper combo. Here's a few highlights from last Fall.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0957.webp
    IMG_0957.webp
    280.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0950.webp
    IMG_0950.webp
    245.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0874.webp
    IMG_0874.webp
    411.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0859.webp
    IMG_0859.webp
    345.8 KB · Views: 109
Installed the Ford supplied backup camera today... TPMS will have to wait until after our trip next week.

The Winnebago Voyage comes prepped for a Voyager camera but I didn't want to add another monitor + I had purchased the truck with the camera prior to the RV. I found an adapter bracket that worked after drilling a few additional holes:

View attachment 62361
View attachment 62362

This made mounting the camera a snap. I ran the cable up to the roof, over to the ladder and down the back. Then inside the frame all the way to the front. Plenty of cable provided in the kit... I used outdoor 3M command clips for Christmas lights and a good amount of zip ties:

View attachment 62363

There are a few odds and ends to clean up... Trimming some zip ties, tightening the camera mount screws (forgot to bring a torx with me), etc.

View attachment 62364
I have this system waiting to be installed on my camper. Can you access the rear camera in the side bar on the right of the screen when it is hooked up when driving? I am hoping to have a small window with the camera while traveling, it comes in handy when changing lanes in heavy traffic.
 
I have this system waiting to be installed on my camper. Can you access the rear camera in the side bar on the right of the screen when it is hooked up when driving? I am hoping to have a small window with the camera while traveling, it comes in handy when changing lanes in heavy traffic.
I know you can have the bed camera on in that portion of the screen while driving but I haven't tried the aux to see if that is possibly. You certainly can use it while driving, just don't know if it can be accessed in the smaller right screen... It will be awhile before I can test that though.
 
Back
Top Bottom