Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

We were in a different truck and trailer back then, but someone stopped to chat and asked our favorite stop so far. This one has been easy for us for years...Glacier National Park.

20220908_191837.jpg


20220908_101242~2.jpg


A close second and on the complete opposite end of the spectrum was our stay in Brooklyn on the East River...

20230423_085916.jpg


20230416_175341.jpg
 
Critters. Something, probably a pack rat, chewed up the cover on one of our bike locks. We usually don't have problems because of the dogs and we leave the undercarriage lights I installed on the trailer on.
Interesting. I have to read up on that. Saw a video a couple of years ago from Mortons on the Move where they were in Alaska and a critter started eating the wires and since then I am "scared" about that.
 
Upgraded the "home" office. I could get used to this view. 27" Asus ProArt monitors (Frances has one on the other side of the table). I could get used to this view.

We added a couple of folding legs to help support the table. It was pretty shaky to begin with and this really helped to firm things up and mitigate the shake from the other person working/moving on their end of the table. The laptops got moved to some holders that hang off the edge of the table.

We'll figure out wire management over the next few days and decide if we think we need monitor arms or just stick with the OEM stands. Moving them out of the way after work will probably be the deciding factor for that.

Don't mind the keyboard ... I had to rent one from WalMart since Amazon lost the one I ordered and I had to reorder it.

IMG_7596.webp
 
Campendium is a great resource for campground facilities and reviews.

Sorry, but with this Quote in the forum I have my problems......
Campendium is DEAD!!!

Killed bei "Roadtrippers".... just useless for Boondocking!!!

Since May 20th Campendium is useless trash IF YOU did the update. IF it still works with the MAP, DO NOT UPDATE CAMPENDIUM!!!!

Read the review at Apple store/ Google play BUT only the reviews AFTER May 20th, 2024......
 
In preparation for those new monitors I posted above we added some stabilizers to our dinette table. It's REALLY nice. We dealt with a shaky table since we got the rig and this took that shake out right away. The install was really simple and fast. The legs fold up out of the way when not in use and we can still collapse the table when we want to convert the area to a lounge.

Even without the addition of the new monitors, this one was well worth it.

 
Nice stabilzers!
Fortunately I own an Outdoor RV and the table in this rigs are outstanding and very stable.
 
After 2 years of life on the road I finally made a quick video showing some of the upgrades and modifications we've made to the truck to make life easier on the road. Check it out if you're interested.

The new Tank Warden from @BroncoHooves may make an appearance at the end.

Thanks! great info well presented!
 
In preparation for those new monitors I posted above we added some stabilizers to our dinette table. It's REALLY nice. We dealt with a shaky table since we got the rig and this took that shake out right away. The install was really simple and fast. The legs fold up out of the way when not in use and we can still collapse the table when we want to convert the area to a lounge.

Even without the addition of the new monitors, this one was well worth it.

Thanks for sharing. The laptop holder and the legs look very interesting. I have made a note so that I can take a more detailed look when I get my new camper.
 
Glad you enjoyed it. There are great hiking trails down there. We live about 5 minutes north of Catalina state park.
You're probably familiar with Licks ice cream then. That was some of the best ice cream we've had.
 
You're probably familiar with Licks ice cream then. That was some of the best ice cream we've had.
Yep! It’s our son’s favorite place to go. Unfortunately they opened that Dairy Queen up almost right beside them, but they still seem to be doing well.
 
Yep! It’s our son’s favorite place to go. Unfortunately they opened that Dairy Queen up almost right beside them, but they still seem to be doing well.
I hope they continue to do well. Zero chance I'd pick DQ over them.
 
There were also no hook ups at the campground, so we were able to get a lot of use out of our solar/electrical upgrades. The tree canopy was relatively light, but it did impact morning and later afternoon charging. With temperatures fluctuating between 30s at night and upper 80s in the afternoon, we did have to use the generator twice to help the battery bank keep up with the A/C and furnace.

1000004721.webp
 
Traveled to the Northern Lower Peninsula today and got to use the new aux gas tank on a real trip. Only took one press of the button to give me enough cushion to pass by all the gas stations along the way...

More info in this thread:


PXL_20240603_215109635.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom