Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Thankfully we didn’t get washed away like the people down the mountain.
IMG_6472.jpeg
IMG_6475.jpeg
 
I keep going back and forth between the 20T bottle jack I currently carry and this/ProEagle. Weight and Size both play big factors in what I choose. But a floor jack definitely holds some appeal.
I carry both a 10T bottle jack and a Pro Eagle - pending on terrain you will find one may work better than the other. Bottle jack works 90% of the time, is way cheaper and not as heavy or large to store. That being said I love my Pro Eagle for working on the RZR! So easy to move around on the large wheels and with the extension you can lift a tall vehicle easily. The Badlands shown above would be similar option to Pro Eagle. Pro Eagle isn't much on discounts - but the are great to deal with and have free shipping. I have had mine for almost 3 years and it is working great.

image8.webp
 
I got it because:

1) I needed a new floor jack
2) My driveway is paved, but has some depressions in spots. My current 3 ton jack has traditional metal casters and hangs up sometimes. This "off-road" jack has nice large wheels on it and a higher initial reach than my current jack.

I don't really have any intention to take this off-road but I guess one never knows...

I bought a Safe-Jack that stays in the truck at all times.
Modman - get one of these from AGM for your Badlands - they work great and add to safety when working on stuff.

Link: https://agm-products.com/collections/jacks/products/jack-rod-2-ton

Link:
 
Today’s campground adventure: Replacing relays in the ARB Dual Compressor.

I can’t knock it, it’s been a work horse and relays fail. Thankfully this one made it really obvious by failing closed. That also meant I had to do something immediately since it wouldn’t shut off, even with the truck off.

Pulled power and made the upcoming 600 mile move through 4 states. Got the relays in and replaced them today. All better. I just wish I had the air horn for some of the Chicago traffic.

96D8A78D-E675-46FC-B996-6E0AB3AB4039.webp54179C6D-93A5-4B15-8B7D-AE29E4BDFD93.webpE766FA10-613F-4189-ACF9-47DBA95896AA.webp5E59B2DF-2973-4F19-9476-6B0BA8E22E3E.webpAF7685F9-8B54-4390-9F24-847DF31660E2.webp4F5465BF-1394-434D-9C97-6F3454526E6E.webp19C347E8-6FF5-4F82-8EA2-97A932A40954.webpB28D8821-27AA-4515-B1A7-1B46F3179D0A.webpB2BB110D-7E9B-4796-B33D-F5BAB913056A.webp
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230916-092418.webp
    Screenshot_20230916-092418.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 89
ford-tremor-el-campo-tx.jpeg


Took the family to spend the weekend at Lost Lagoon RV Resort in El Campo, TX. It's a nice park, lots of family friendly activities and "the worlds largest RV Resort swimming pool".

lost-lagoon-fishing-pond.jpeg
lost-lagoon-fishing-pond2.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Home for the next 2.5 weeks. Elm Hill RV in Nashville.

That looks awesome! I'm hoping we'll have a similar view this weekend on Lake Conroe.

I like all the decals on the inside of the door. I'm going to have to start a collection as well. (y)
 
That looks awesome! I'm hoping we'll have a similar view this weekend on Lake Conroe.

I like all the decals on the inside of the door. I'm going to have to start a collection as well. (y)
We started out with a Florida sticker, upper left corner, when we left our house for the last time and have snaked our way down the door as we've gone. It's neat to open the door and just reminisce about where we've been and what we've done.

Of course, the stickers on the door was also the inspiration for our travel tattoos. My left leg has become the spot where tattoos commemorating our travels go. We kept the same idea and have the artist come up with a "sticker" design that incorporates some key element of the place. It's been a fun process for sure. But, maybe not for everyone.
Bill.webp
 
Sort of off topic from your stickers, but we have been kicking around the idea of buying a travel trailer. I like the more offroad capable trailers ie Black, Roamer, Pause, etc. Wife wants an Airstream and usually wins. Thinking about Flying Cloud 30. Anything you don’t like about the Airstream or any tips you wish you knew before buying?
Any info from any Airstream owners on here is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
This is our first travel trailer/RV, so we don't really have a base of comparison. But, we've been very happy with ours. The creative use of space and thoughtful design that went into the floorplans goes a long way in maximizing the available space in useful ways. Overall build quality and construction is very nice and the fact that you see so many older and/or remodeled Airstreams on the road is a testament to that.

They aren't perfect. Just like with everything else there are going to be some issues along the way. But in our experience any issues have been minor and the company and dealerships have stood behind their product and helped get any issues corrected.

And it's a great community of owners. If doing rallies and caravans is your thing ... you won't want for things to do. And even if it isn't your cup of tea, you may find yourself surprised once you get around a few other Airstreams while camping.

Take a look into the features, floorplans, tank sizes, etc ... compare all that to what type of camping you plan to do. See how it all measures up. But don't think that these things are fragile little pavement princesses. Airstream has a long history of exploring and caravanning around the globe that spans back to the founder. Those same ideals still exist within the company and the products they build. Is it going to keep up with someone with a fully independent, articulated suspension with rock sliders, etc ... no. But you're in no way limited to KOAs, state parks and other established campsites. Oh, and do the 3" lift.
 
Back
Top Bottom