Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Home for the night: HopLore Brewing - The Mill
⁣
After 300 miles and 3 states, including a relaxing drive through Chicago, we are done for the day and settled in for the night. ⁣
⁣
HopLore Brewing is in an old mill in Leesburg, IN. As a participant in Harvest Hosts they offer up a few spots to members for a free, one night stay. ⁣
⁣
After parking the rig and getting the dogs settled we headed inside for a drink and some food and we’re not disappointed. The beer was refreshing and the BBQ Burrito and Tacos hit the spot. ⁣
⁣
We’d recommend HopLore to anyone else passing through for the stay, the food and the drink. ⁣
⁣
Tomorrow, Ohio!⁣
AAD377C3-FEC7-470C-8608-4408DD10608C.webp
8293BC16-74BA-4859-98FB-183DA072AEA9.webp
033965AC-9B2F-44F5-B2CF-C780C069FDD0.webp
629B4B1A-0CF6-4739-B2D8-56E563E5A8B1.webp
0C837256-9704-43D7-89BE-E1654F508563.webp
84FE5019-D4EF-4980-9BB0-7754331F153B.webp
DE9D7F47-CAEE-4CE6-81CB-6F054BCE5437.webp
 
Ventured up North to the Petoskey area today... for some reason rain seems to be the norm for us on travel days to our destination. We opted to take I75 since it is farther east in the state to delay our encounter with the weather. It actually wasn't too bad - a few pockets of rain but nothing terrible. When we got to the campground we caught a break and we're able to setup without fear of getting soaked.

PXL_20230911_150009109.webp

PXL_20230911_205820478.webp

PXL_20230911_195428817.webp
 
Ventured up North to the Petoskey area today... for some reason rain seems to be the norm for us on travel days to our destination. We opted to take I75 since it is farther east in the state to delay our encounter with the weather. It actually wasn't too bad - a few pockets of rain but nothing terrible. When we got to the campground we caught a break and we're able to setup without fear of getting soaked.
Where are you staying in Petoskey, looks like a nice park.

Also noticed you have a stabalizer on the back. I had one like that for our first couple trailers. When we bought our current one new, I ordered this - http://www.steadyfast.com/. Much better & always connected for easier setup.
 
Where are you staying in Petoskey, looks like a nice park.

Also noticed you have a stabalizer on the back. I had one like that for our first couple trailers. When we bought our current one new, I ordered this - http://www.steadyfast.com/. Much better & always connected for easier setup.
Thanks @njburn I'll check that out! We currently have the four power stabilizers on the trailer plus I have x-chocks for the tires. I noticed a little wobble when we are in the bathroom (rear bath) so I picked up that stabilizer for the rear. Seems to help but I would prefer something that is permanent...

We are in the Sun Outdoors Campground West of Petoskey. Seems like a nice park but we've only been here one day so far.
 
Stopped at Harbor Freight in town and picked this up with my 25% off coupon. Nicest HF I have ever been in and the ones by me certainly don't have this kind of view:

PXL_20230912_153643589.webp
 
I rented a Black Series this week with a buddy to bring our daughters camping. I'll say the suspension is great and it tows very well, but interior quality leaves a lot to be desired. I'm happy with it for a rental paying $120/day, but at $71k I'd be unhappy with the purchase.

AAE4BE08-962E-4387-90B1-EB22033F1BE5.jpeg

460C5AD7-A5D2-427D-826B-126213055874.webp1402AB6D-42A8-4F44-AF4C-5B782EDADFBE.webp
 
I rented a Black Series this week with a buddy to bring our daughters camping. I'll say the suspension is great and it tows very well, but interior quality leaves a lot to be desired. I'm happy with it for a rental paying $120/day, but at $71k I'd be unhappy with the purchase.

View attachment 130323
View attachment 130342View attachment 130343
View attachment 130344


We passed on buying one a few years back on a smoking deal for the same reason. There's lot of complaints from owners online if you do a little digging as well.
 
We passed on buying one a few years back on a smoking deal for the same reason. There's lot of complaints from owners online if you do a little digging as well.
They're made in China aren't they??

For a more off road experience I'd probably opt for an Outdoors RV.

DA
 
Stopped at Harbor Freight in town and picked this up with my 25% off coupon. Nicest HF I have ever been in and the ones by me certainly don't have this kind of view:

View attachment 130336
Can you explain these “Offroad” jacks to me? I’m a little enamored by them because they look cool AF, but i can’t seem to think of a reason I need one? I have a regular floor Jack that can pick up my truck at home, and those Offroad ones seem too huge and heavy to carry to change a tire on the rd, I was thinking about a high end USA made bottle Jack with a base and axle adaptor to carry with me for off-roading. What am I missing?
 
Can you explain these “Offroad” jacks to me? I’m a little enamored by them because they look cool AF, but i can’t seem to think of a reason I need one? I have a regular floor Jack that can pick up my truck at home, and those Offroad ones seem too huge and heavy to carry to change a tire on the rd, I was thinking about a high end USA made bottle Jack with a base and axle adaptor to carry with me for off-roading. What am I missing?
I got it because:

1) I needed a new floor jack
2) My driveway is paved, but has some depressions in spots. My current 3 ton jack has traditional metal casters and hangs up sometimes. This "off-road" jack has nice large wheels on it and a higher initial reach than my current jack.

I don't really have any intention to take this off-road but I guess one never knows...

I bought a Safe-Jack that stays in the truck at all times.
 
I got it because:

1) I needed a new floor jack
2) My driveway is paved, but has some depressions in spots. My current 3 ton jack has traditional metal casters and hangs up sometimes. This "off-road" jack has nice large wheels on it and a higher initial reach than my current jack.

I don't really have any intention to take this off-road but I guess one never knows...

I bought a Safe-Jack that stays in the truck at all times.
Ah ha! Ok that I can 100% understand. I see a lot of YouTubers carrying them around off-roading and I just didn’t understand it. I would love one for home but i don’t think i could justify another Jack just because. The “Offroad” thing must just be clever marketing. Going to Duck Duck Go Safe-Jack right now though.
 
I picked up a Safe Jack General. It'll live in the truck, and I'll likely get a jack stand to go with it. I've got several floor jack's, but I'm using the Safe Jack more, and I'm using it for all of my vehicle stuff. It's just easier for me to get things set up.

That being said, an off road Jack would easily take the place of the Safe Jack around the garage.
 
Stopped at Harbor Freight in town and picked this up with my 25% off coupon. Nicest HF I have ever been in and the ones by me certainly don't have this kind of view:
I keep going back and forth between the 20T bottle jack I currently carry and this/ProEagle. Weight and Size both play big factors in what I choose. But a floor jack definitely holds some appeal.
 
Can you explain these “Offroad” jacks to me? I’m a little enamored by them because they look cool AF, but i can’t seem to think of a reason I need one? I have a regular floor Jack that can pick up my truck at home, and those Offroad ones seem too huge and heavy to carry to change a tire on the rd, I was thinking about a high end USA made bottle Jack with a base and axle adaptor to carry with me for off-roading. What am I missing?
I purchased mine for possible tire change (truck or RV) during travel. I have had a flat on my RV on the side of the expressway with only a scissor jack. That is a bad place to have a flat, no one slows down & almost no one gets over. Someone stopped to help me out who happened to have a regular floor jack with him. Made the whole process ten times faster. After that I packed a small floor jack in the RV but after purchasing a larger truck, decided I should upgrade in case it gets a flat during travel.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom