Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Had a rainy drive up the Needles Highway in SD yesterday. It still offered some pretty views even though some areas were obstructed by fog. The tunnels were pretty cool and felt tight, but offered plenty of space although we did have to pull the mirrors in for the Needles Eye Tunnel it was to narrow with them out.

Here is the video through the Needles Eye Tunnel.

7EDD741B-35C7-4308-9CAD-95DDFD0076E5.webp
67646DC8-7FB4-4909-A78C-64CA75EAD079.webp
 
A little project for the camper today... If there was a "What did you do to your camper today" thread I would post it there :p

With the acquisition of the Weber Traveler grill I found myself at a bit of a loss for storage in the front pass-thru so I made a deck to ~double the surface area and help with organization. I may end up covering it in indoor/outdoor carpet but we'll see...

PXL_20230810_134703192.jpg

PXL_20230810_141411533.jpg

PXL_20230810_143103304.jpg
 
Looks nice and clean.
Are you planning to run it directly off a tank or convert it to work with a low pressure port on your rig? I went that route with our Weber Q1000 and it's worked out nicely for us. I've read of a few complaints about not getting hot enough but haven't experienced that. I do have an adapter so I can run off a tank if I need/choose to.

A little project for the camper today... If there was a "What did you do to your camper today" thread I would post it there :p

With the acquisition of the Weber Traveler grill I found myself at a bit of a loss for storage in the front pass-thru so I made a deck to ~double the surface area and help with organization. I may end up covering it in indoor/outdoor carpet but we'll see...
 
Looks nice and clean.
Are you planning to run it directly off a tank or convert it to work with a low pressure port on your rig? I went that route with our Weber Q1000 and it's worked out nicely for us. I've read of a few complaints about not getting hot enough but haven't experienced that. I do have an adapter so I can run off a tank if I need/choose to.
I carry an extra 20lb tank with us for the generator (if we ever need it) so I'll use that for the Weber once I go through all the extra 1 lb tanks I have... The camper does have a port so I'll try that too at some point. I always like having a backup plan!
 
Sounds good. We have the low pressure port so have the grill and generator converted to run off it. We’re full time and 60lbs of propane on the rig is enough for us, the trade off of carrying extra isn’t worth it for us.
I carry an extra 20lb tank with us for the generator (if we ever need it) so I'll use that for the Weber once I go through all the extra 1 lb tanks I have... The camper does have a port so I'll try that too at some point. I always like having a backup plan!
 
Sounds good. We have the low pressure port so have the grill and generator converted to run off it. We’re full time and 60lbs of propane on the rig is enough for us, the trade off of carrying extra isn’t worth it for us.
Yeah, I can see that for you as a full timer where space is at even more of a premium! We have 60lbs onboard as well and almost went through it on a trip last Fall when the weather turned quickly to Winter. That was aggravated by a water heater that had to be run off propane as well, though... That has since been rectified. I started throwing in an extra 20lb tank in the truck since we have the space. I have a few friends that have run into non-working pedestals and we don't have enough solar to be self sufficient, hence the gennie. Admittedly, we are newbs so as our own experience and confidence grows I may jettison some of the redundancy :p
 
Sounds good. We have the low pressure port so have the grill and generator converted to run off it. We’re full time and 60lbs of propane on the rig is enough for us, the trade off of carrying extra isn’t worth it for us.
Yeah, I can see that for you as a full timer where space is at even more of a premium! We have 60lbs onboard as well and almost went through it on a trip last Fall when the weather turned quickly to Winter. That was aggravated by a water heater that had to be run off propane as well, though... That has since been rectified. I started throwing in an extra 20lb tank in the truck since we have the space. I have a few friends that have run into non-working pedestals and we don't have enough solar to be self sufficient, hence the gennie. Admittedly, we are newbs so as our own experience and confidence grows I may jettison some of the redundancy :p
We are full time as well. We have a Blackstone we connect to the low pressure port on the Airstream and also carry a propane only generator with us. The generator is only 850 max watts, but in conjunction with 800 watts of solar and 800 amp hours of lithium we really only ever had to use it when we are boon docking for months at a time and hit a couple weeks of straight rain in a high latitude location (I'm talking directly about Alaska last summer where we had 12 straight days of rain) or decide to spend a week or more under tree canopy. In any case, we don't carry extra propane because in 4+ years of being full time we have never once run out of propane or even been close to running out and not had a place to refill within a reasonable distance. Sometimes it means filling a half full tank, but it's worth that little extra hassle for me than to loose precious truck bed space. As the attached screenshots taken from a video I took for a buddy show... with four bikes, a 55CFIM fridge, an ecoflow battery/inverter (connected to 400 watts of CIGS panels on the roof), a big stack of packouts, a portable toilet, and a whole host of other gear we are pretty tight in our "garage". One of these days I'll take some decent photos of the full GoFast Setup. :) Also, six months later and I still haven't installed those front mudflats 🤦🏼‍♂️
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.32.22 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.32.22 AM.webp
    112.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.32.57 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.32.57 AM.webp
    138 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.33.16 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.33.16 AM.webp
    133.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.33.37 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.33.37 AM.webp
    98.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.33.54 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.33.54 AM.webp
    106.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.29.38 AM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.29.38 AM.webp
    218.8 KB · Views: 127
I don't have a 5er but am curious as to what type of adjustment has to be done for each tow? The goosebox seems like the way to go to me, but I don't know what I don't know :unsure:
I see in your profile that you have a Voyage 2831RB. Have you had any issues/problems with it so far?
I’m looking at that model as a potential future purchase and would welcome any feedback on your experience with it. Thanks.
 
I see in your profile that you have a Voyage 2831RB. Have you had any issues/problems with it so far?
I’m looking at that model as a potential future purchase and would welcome any feedback on your experience with it. Thanks.
We had a few things right from the initial purchase but nothing major:
1) Electric portion of the water heater wasn't plugged in all the way (found on 2nd trip)
2) Main entry door latch needed adjustment
3) Loose screws attaching the bedroom floor structure in the pass-thru storage
4) Pass thru storage door adjustment
5) Black tank dump valve froze and had to be replaced. They said the routing of the cable was poor so they fixed that too...
6) There are a few fit and finish items as well but no worse than other trailers I've seen.

I'd say most, if not all of these are results of poor quality control in manufacturing/assembly, not product design.

The auto industry with all it's issues is light years ahead of the RV industry. Just looking at the "behind the scenes" routing of electrical was enough to convince me of that. I don't think it is unique to Winnebago, other friends with different brands have shared similar issues. Winnebago purchased Grand Design and pulled a lot of design and feature content from them for the Voyage series. We looked at GD but they didn't have the combination of features in the size trailer we wanted.

Overall we are happy, though. We love the size and layout. It pulls nicely behind the Tremor (7.3) and feels solid. The extra interior ceiling height is nice. We like the dual entry doors and were originally looking at the 2427 but are glad we went up a size. The extra interior space (both perceived and actual) is very noticable along with more interior light from the additional windows. Dual doors allow us to easily access the entire trailer with the slide in which is a nice convenience. Tons of storage - no issue there at all!!

We did not order ours - it was on the lot. The things I would have considered changing are:
1) The larger AC/propane fridge isn't necessary for us. The smaller fridge (at the time) was 12V and I think I would rather have that. Now I think it is the opposite and the larger is 12V so who knows...
2) I would have ordered the second AC unit although that can be added - it is already prepped
3) I would've ordered with the dual pane windows. We camped in the high 30s for several days last year and it did fine but would rather have the duals for efficiency and sound damping.
4) on a positive note I thought I wanted the auto leveling system but ours came with typical power stabilizers. Those work fine - glad I didn't get anything more high tech that may fail down the line.

We have the king bed, trifold sofa, dinette, and wouldn't change any of those.

A bit nit-picky but the TV is a nice size but isn't a "smart" TV so we had to hook up one of our Amazon fire sticks... honestly I didn't even realize they were making non-smart tvs. 😂

Happy to see ours had 200W of solar factory installed as well as Goodyear Endurance tires. I think both of these are standard items now...

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll answer if I can!
 
We had a few things right from the initial purchase but nothing major:
1) Electric portion of the water heater wasn't plugged in all the way (found on 2nd trip)
2) Main entry door latch needed adjustment
3) Loose screws attaching the bedroom floor structure in the pass-thru storage
4) Pass thru storage door adjustment
5) Black tank dump valve froze and had to be replaced. They said the routing of the cable was poor so they fixed that too...
6) There are a few fit and finish items as well but no worse than other trailers I've seen.

I'd say most, if not all of these are results of poor quality control in manufacturing/assembly, not product design.

The auto industry with all it's issues is light years ahead of the RV industry. Just looking at the "behind the scenes" routing of electrical was enough to convince me of that. I don't think it is unique to Winnebago, other friends with different brands have shared similar issues. Winnebago purchased Grand Design and pulled a lot of design and feature content from them for the Voyage series. We looked at GD but they didn't have the combination of features in the size trailer we wanted.

Overall we are happy, though. We love the size and layout. It pulls nicely behind the Tremor (7.3) and feels solid. The extra interior ceiling height is nice. We like the dual entry doors and were originally looking at the 2427 but are glad we went up a size. The extra interior space (both perceived and actual) is very noticable along with more interior light from the additional windows. Dual doors allow us to easily access the entire trailer with the slide in which is a nice convenience. Tons of storage - no issue there at all!!

We did not order ours - it was on the lot. The things I would have considered changing are:
1) The larger AC/propane fridge isn't necessary for us. The smaller fridge (at the time) was 12V and I think I would rather have that. Now I think it is the opposite and the larger is 12V so who knows...
2) I would have ordered the second AC unit although that can be added - it is already prepped
3) I would've ordered with the dual pane windows. We camped in the high 30s for several days last year and it did fine but would rather have the duals for efficiency and sound damping.
4) on a positive note I thought I wanted the auto leveling system but ours came with typical power stabilizers. Those work fine - glad I didn't get anything more high tech that may fail down the line.

We have the king bed, trifold sofa, dinette, and wouldn't change any of those.

A bit nit-picky but the TV is a nice size but isn't a "smart" TV so we had to hook up one of our Amazon fire sticks... honestly I didn't even realize they were making non-smart tvs. 😂

Happy to see ours had 200W of solar factory installed as well as Goodyear Endurance tires. I think both of these are standard items now...

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll answer if I can!
Thanks for taking the time to give me a detailed reply! We also like the layout and the fact that it’s one of the few models in the 30’ size range that comes with an available king bed
 
We also like the layout and the fact that it’s one of the few models in the 30’ size range that comes with an available king bed
One of the selling points for us too. We ditched the stock mattress after the first trip and upgraded, however... I can't remember the brand - some hybrid foam mattress from Amazon but it is worlds better.
 
One of the selling points for us too. We ditched the stock mattress after the first trip and upgraded, however... I can't remember the brand - some hybrid foam mattress from Amazon but it is worlds better.

That's usually a first upgrade in most trailers, the mattresses they supply in most are absolute junk.
 
I need a fuel can or Jerry can for extra diesel and extra gas for the generator. Any suggestions?
 
Here is a previous thread discussing options:


I went with two Wavians for gas and am happy with them.
 
which one of you guys were just up at mill creek last week? seen a blue tremor with an airstream and cali plates.
 
Back
Top Bottom