Transfer Flow 58 gallon replacement tanks are finally being sold and installed!!!!

I hope this is true. Only thing holding me from buying the new tanks is the ability to have my truck read as if it was built for it. I mean could we not just use the 48 gallon tank forumula that the long bed comes with?
Still nobody has it figured out.

I hope this is true. Only thing holding me from buying the new tanks is the ability to have my truck read as if it was built for it. I mean could we not just use the 48 gallon tank forumula that the long bed comes with?
I mean. The guage still reads correctly. You just don't have an accurate DTE readout. But the fuel guage it's self is still accurate.

I mean. The guage still reads correctly. You just don't have an accurate DTE readout. But the fuel guage its self is still accurate.
I understand that, I see 22 below and diesels can be done right so why not love for gas motor yet?

I've had mine installed since Oct 23 and I get a P0455 code that pops up occasionally. The installer did multiple smoke tests and the system isn't leaking anywhere. My dealership say it might be because of the charcoal cannisters. Has anyone else had this code pop?

That's interesting... I added to cart and went to pay and got the out of stock error message.
They are back in stock.
Has anyone installed one on a 24 yet? I see even Instagram recently they posted 20-23. No mention of 24 yet.

They are back in stock.
Has anyone installed one on a 24 yet? I see even Instagram recently they posted 20-23. No mention of 24 yet.
I forgot to post this. I received this last week when I reached out to Transfer Flow.

"We have not yet confirmed if the 58-gallon tank will fit/work with the 2024 Ford. We are having a heck of a time getting one here for fitment! Where are you located? If you’re close, we’d love to chat with you about using your vehicle for fitment! Can you confirm you have a 2024 F250/350 7.3L gas short bed w/crew cab?

In the meantime, I have added your contact information to our ‘wish list’ of people who are interested in this tank. As soon as it’s available, we’ll contact you.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions – 1-800-442-0056, ext. 350."

If anyone has done it on a 24 please let us know. I'm in Texas and my truck is stuck in shipping purgatory, so I'm no help.

I forgot to post this. I received this last week when I reached out to Transfer Flow.

"We have not yet confirmed if the 58-gallon tank will fit/work with the 2024 Ford. We are having a heck of a time getting one here for fitment! Where are you located? If you’re close, we’d love to chat with you about using your vehicle for fitment! Can you confirm you have a 2024 F250/350 7.3L gas short bed w/crew cab?

In the meantime, I have added your contact information to our ‘wish list’ of people who are interested in this tank. As soon as it’s available, we’ll contact you.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions – 1-800-442-0056, ext. 350."

If anyone has done it on a 24 please let us know. I'm in Texas and my truck is stuck in shipping purgatory, so I'm no help.
I appreciate that TransferFlow wants to do their due diligence before saying a product will work with a specific truck. That said, I haven't seen anything that would indicate there were any structural changes between the '23 - '24 model years. As far as we can tell, they are identical absent a couple of things inside the cabin (heads-up display, massaging seats) that are different from the '23s. I think its a safe bet that if it works on a 23 that it would work on a 24.

I appreciate that TransferFlow wants to do their due diligence before saying a product will work with a specific truck. That said, I haven't seen anything that would indicate there were any structural changes between the '23 - '24 model years. As far as we can tell, they are identical absent a couple of things inside the cabin (heads-up display, massaging seats) that are different from the '23s. I think its a safe bet that if it works on a 23 that it would work on a 24.
I contacted them in March when I got my 2024 and never got a reply other than talk to your tech at Ford.

I contacted them in March when I got my 2024 and never got a reply other than talk to your tech at Ford.
It's pretty common for the major after market companies to not say a product is compatible until they have had a chance to directly test fit their products on a vehicle. If you're not willing to willing to wait for that, you'll have to rely on others to try it out or report on the similarities or differences from year to year.

Just got a response from Teri. Said they have a 24 in the shop this week for fitment. Should have an answer soon.

I offered my truck as the guinea pig but she said I was 2 days late with the offer. Otherwise they would have had me take it to a local installer and get it fitted.

Just got a response from Teri. Said they have a 24 in the shop this week for fitment. Should have an answer soon.

I offered my truck as the guinea pig but she said I was 2 days late with the offer. Otherwise they would have had me take it to a local installer and get it fitted.
I'm planning on doing this in the next 2 - 3 months. Will be interested to see how you handle the forscan changes. Hopefully they'll have this figured out soon for the 23s/24s

Yep... seems that way. I have a 23... I just installed the TF 58g tank yesterday. I've tried some random changes in Forscan, but nothing sticks...
How difficult is the install? Is it a two person job? I have decent wrenching skills and thinking of installing one

@boisefly I did it by myself on my garage floor, took about 8 hrs. I had a motorcycle jack to position the tank. There is one step that can be a major headache if missed it prior to installing the tank straps. Overall not to bad. (Still a PITA tho)

Checking in to see how the install went and what you are seeing on your DTE? My truck was built today and I wanted this to be done when the truck arrived. At least they are showing an expected in stock date of 2024-07-17. Not Ideal, but better than checking the site daily. Thanks!
I ended up installing it weekend. Not a terrible 1 man job. The quote I got was a shop was $900. I did it in 8 hrs, no lift, by myself.

Forscan however.... I'm seeing from the Ford truck enthusiast forum, some people with +23 models are able to update the PCM module in plain english to the new tank size and get 'somewhat' closer to DTE. I'm wondering of these are diesels trucks only??? My PCM module does NOT shows fuel tank size. It only shows in IPC. Changing the IPC setting does absolutely nothing. IDK... I'm curious as to why Fuel tank size in not in PCM when for other it is. Is it a diesel vs gas thing?

@aztrem Have you learned anything new?

I ended up installing it weekend. Not a terrible 1 man job. The quote I got was a shop was $900. I did it in 8 hrs, no lift, by myself.

Forscan however.... I'm seeing from the Ford truck enthusiast forum, some people with +23 models are able to update the PCM module in plain english to the new tank size and get 'somewhat' closer to DTE. I'm wondering of these are diesels trucks only??? My PCM module does NOT shows fuel tank size. It only shows in IPC. Changing the IPC setting does absolutely nothing. IDK... I'm curious as to why Fuel tank size in not in PCM when for other it is. Is it a diesel vs gas thing?

@aztrem Have you learned anything new?
Nope, still the same, mine also doesn’t have tank size in PCM like some others say they have, probably is the diesel trucks like you say… so my DTE is still wrong and have not found anyone that has got it figured out for the gasser…

Back