Trail camera pics, funny or otherwise

1000004524.webp
 
We had bad EHD last year at the farm. The drought is keeping the EHD active this year. Normally I'll have 50-100 pics a day to review. I delete the does, foxes, 'yotes, and turkey pics. Just keep the bucks.
1760541697232.webp
 
Very few bucks so far this year, but everyone else is still around ...
Headed out in an hour for archery hunt with my son. Corn was picked yesterday, field is ready for browsing.
 
Is that a thing on the tree?

1760709836807.webp


My favorite wild food.

I've taken a few with a bow. Last year I hit one. As I stood over it admiring the bird, it blinked and flew away. DOH, don't forget to use your boot right away.
 
Is that a thing on the tree?

View attachment 230475

My favorite wild food.

I've taken a few with a bow. Last year I hit one. As I stood over it admiring the bird, it blinked and flew away. DOH, don't forget to use your boot right away.
Wild turkey is the best. I’ve baked, bbq’d, smoked, and fried them, all good.
Bow hunting them in the spring is an awesome challenge. But turkeys have become so populated here now that they’re in my yard every day. My dog doesn’t even chase them, and last spring I didn’t even harvest one, no sport in it.
IMG_3736.webp
 
Is that a thing on the tree?

View attachment 230475

My favorite wild food.

I've taken a few with a bow. Last year I hit one. As I stood over it admiring the bird, it blinked and flew away. DOH, don't forget to use your boot right away.
Probably 18 years ago now I put three rounds on a monster Muley. 7mm REM Mag from maybe 40 yards. He just stood there as I kept racking it. Thought maybe buck fever set in and I was just missing my shots somehow since it was my first time putting crosshairs on big game. He finally dropped like a sack of potatoes on the third round. Gave him his time but no more than five minutes later, he jumped up and ran off like nothing happened. I was so confused. Spent a whole day tracking and looking for blood because I wasn’t going to be another asshole that wounds an animal if I could help it. Even had my buddy come help track. No blood anywhere. The next day I put the rifle on paper and it was hitting way high and left. Turns out my scope had shifted in the truck because I had confirmed zero the day before I left for camp (this is when I stopped letting anyone else work on my firearms). Buck was giving me his left profile and based on where the rounds were landing on paper, I’m pretty sure I hit him in the antlers and knocked him out.

All that to say, some lessons are best learned the hard way 😂
 
Wild turkey is the best. I’ve baked, bbq’d, smoked, and fried them, all good.
Bow hunting them in the spring is an awesome challenge. But turkeys have become so populated here now that they’re in my yard every day. My dog doesn’t even chase them, and last spring I didn’t even harvest one, no sport in it.View attachment 230501
I need to come wherever you live. In Georgia the population is dwindling and the biologists don’t know why. Our farm used to have plenty of turkeys, now we seldom see any signs of them.
 
I need to come wherever you live. In Georgia the population is dwindling and the biologists don’t know why. Our farm used to have plenty of turkeys, now we seldom see any signs of them.
That’s sad, they are an awesome animal, fun to watch. I counted 12 deer hunting yesterday. Illinois used to have a very small population, but efforts over the last 30 plus years have shown great results.
 
That’s sad, they are an awesome animal, fun to watch. I counted 12 deer hunting yesterday. Illinois used to have a very small population, but efforts over the last 30 plus years have shown great results.
I'm in Michigan, they are all over. Very stable/strong population.

Also had lots in Cheshire County N.H. when I lived there.
 
Just download some cameras behind the house

Screenshot_20251104-174656.webp
 
Bobcat has white under it's tail, and Black on the top. So this is a healthy fairly large Bobcat

Lynx has black tip on the tail.
 
Back
Top Bottom