Tools. Let’s talk tools.

This is next on my list. Looks like a great set up.
Thanks. I got a melamine covered shelf from Menards, notched it out (so it didn’t slide) and mounted two of the Packout mounting plates to it. The big box is for recovery gear, 4 way wrench, trailer hitch, etc. The little box is a tool box that has all of my road tools. The medium box is for misc stuff like gloves, dog blankets, and emergency stuff. I have a lot of Packout stuff, so I can plug and play as needed depending on what I am doing.

Thanks. I got a melamine covered shelf from Menards, notched it out (so it didn’t slide) and mounted two of the Packout mounting plates to it. The big box is for recovery gear, 4 way wrench, trailer hitch, etc. The little box is a tool box that has all of my road tools. The medium box is for misc stuff like gloves, dog blankets, and emergency stuff. I have a lot of Packout stuff, so I can plug and play as needed depending on what I am doing.
Awesome setup!

You cost me some money this weekend! LOL! Man, the Packout stuff is nice! Gonna stop tomorrow after work and pick up a few more pieces!

Homey Dopey has pretty decent plastic bins for $25 that don't
have STEAL ME printed all over them. jess sayin'... 😊

I put foam insulation tape around the lid for desert trips.

Last edited:
You cost me some money this weekend! LOL! Man, the Packout stuff is nice! Gonna stop tomorrow after work and pick up a few more pieces!
It’s a really nice system that you can move from the shop to the truck and to the job site. I can click mine out of the truck bed onto the rolling cart and be ready to work in two minutes. I was already invested in the system so adding it to the truck was a no-brainer.

Homey Dopey has pretty decent plastic bins for $25 that don't
have STEAL ME printed all over them. jess sayin'... 😊

I put foam insulation tape around the lid for desert trips.
I did that for years and finally had enough. All kinds of different totes and bins stacked in the shop and sliding around in the truck bed. My OCD couldn’t take it. The Packout system is like legos for tool guys. It just works. If you are smart about storing it (under a hard tonneau or behind tinted topper windows) you should be fine. I try to stick to lower crime areas which also helps.

Doing some clearing in the yard and hate pulling the chainsaw out for small trimming tasks.

Being an already die-hard Milwaukee collector i found this thing and ordered it instantly. It showed up today. Cant wait to try it out this weekend!
273635008_10159615279302350_6711067524282718935_n.jpg

Doing some clearing in the yard and hate pulling the chainsaw out for small trimming tasks.

Being an already die-hard Milwaukee collector i found this thing and ordered it instantly. It showed up today. Cant wait to try it out this weekend!View attachment 46278
Nice! Battery chainsaws are great. When I would lose a limb I used to gas up the saw, saw the limb, siphon out the gas, and then run the saw until it cleared the rest of the gas for storage. PITA! I also bought a battery chainsaw and never looked back.

Being an already die-hard Milwaukee collector i found this thing and ordered it instantly. It showed up today. Cant wait to try it out this weekend!View attachment 46278
I have the baby 6" M12 pruning saw and it works great.

Dewalt all the way, 20v brushless. I wish I would have went hilti but didn’t find out about it until later on. Stihl is the best and stiletto hammers.

I've always been a Dewalt guy. 20v Max XR Lithium Brushless tools for my hammer drill and compact impact driver. Part of me wishes I started off with Milwaukee, but I've never had an issue with any of my DeWalt stuff as long as I've had it.

Now, something I haven't seen mentioned here is something I've found to be absolutely tremendous over the years.

61UQPtBAgtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This stuff is PB Blaster on steroids. Seriously, I've never had it not work. Exhaust manifold bolts which are NOTORIOUS for breaking due to heat cycles, no problem with these. I also use it whenever I have to pull the wheels off the truck and the wheel is rusted to the hub, breaks the rust in minutes. Great stuff.

I've always been a Dewalt guy. 20v Max XR Lithium Brushless tools for my hammer drill and compact impact driver. Part of me wishes I started off with Milwaukee, but I've never had an issue with any of my DeWalt stuff as long as I've had it.

Now, something I haven't seen mentioned here is something I've found to be absolutely tremendous over the years.

This stuff is PB Blaster on steroids. Seriously, I've never had it not work. Exhaust manifold bolts which are NOTORIOUS for breaking due to heat cycles, no problem with these. I also use it whenever I have to pull the wheels off the truck and the wheel is rusted to the hub, breaks the rust in minutes. Great stuff.
That stuff is magic.

I’ve seen Milwaukee drills snap in half
Sawzalls burn out and break, batteries die out.
They’re 🗑
That’s my honest opinion. I’d rather go with rigid or the cheap ryobi.

I’ve seen Milwaukee drills snap in half
Sawzalls burn out and break, batteries die out.
They’re 🗑
That’s my honest opinion. I’d rather go with rigid or the cheap ryobi.
That’s the beauty of winning WWII. We all still get our opinions. I’ve had some Dewalt tools and they performed very well. I currently own mostly Milwaukee and they work very well also. We will always argue over our favorites, Ford vs Chevy (Dodge just sucks), Milwaukee vs Dewalt, American Standard vs Kohler, etc. What else would we do while sitting around the fire with a cold Budweiser (or Miller Lite, or Busch, or Rolling Rock…….)

That’s the beauty of winning WWII. We all still get our opinions. I’ve had some Dewalt tools and they performed very well. I currently own mostly Milwaukee and they work very well also. We will always argue over our favorites, Ford vs Chevy (Dodge just sucks), Milwaukee vs Dewalt, American Standard vs Kohler, etc. What else would we do while sitting around the fire with a cold Budweiser (or Miller Lite, or Busch, or Rolling Rock…….)
Very well put, cheers brotha!
….and yes dodge does suck 👍

Where did you source this? I need to grab a can.

Latest Discussions

Back