Tools. Let’s talk tools.

And it's counterpart...
03404024.jpg

The Milwaukee ratchets need to be mentioned again. Love those.

Also, the DeWalt 60v flexvolt chainsaw (not the 20v) is incredible for an elec chainsaw. The instant power and speed is awesom

Also, the DeWalt 60v flexvolt chainsaw (not the 20v) is incredible for an elec chainsaw. The instant power and speed is awesome.
Milwaukee makes a badass chainsaw too. The only thing holding it back is battery life but all my batteries are only 5Ah. They certainly don’t lack for power though.

I have a few 9ah batteries for the dewalt, I recently took down a 15’ crabapple tree all on the same battery.
I was already deep into dewalt and dewalt batteries before I took appreciation of Milwaukee. If I could go back, I’d have all Milwaukee.

Also, the DeWalt 60v flexvolt chainsaw (not the 20v) is incredible for an elec chainsaw. The instant power and speed is awesome.
Going to get one of the ratchets today. Was wondering about them due to price but gonna bite the bullet and roll with it.

A variety of Milwaukee M18 Impacts, Drills and Drivers.
All the sockets, pliers, screwdrivers and other necessities fit perfect in the Milwaukee Pack Outs. All my Road-Trip essentials in one organized place .. Get home, just take'm out.
IMG_2002.JPG

My folks and I have that same blower, has been working perfectly for years and we do not run ethanol-free gas in it either

I debated on the Stihl chainsaw but ended up getting a small echo for limbing around my property, I wish I had more trees to cut down to justify the bigger Stihl 😭
Sthil anything! All their stuff is amazing.

I am looking at getting either the Dewalt XR 20v impact driver but also strongly considering the Milwaukee Fuel M18 Impact driver as well.
IIRC the DeWalt is the same as the matco and a solid unit (at least mine from a few years back is since the matco "glove" fits around it perfectly). I don't think you can go wrong with either although I wish all my tools were Milwaukee after buying a few of their fuel products recently.

Currently working to organize and build out the kit I’m going to be taking on the road with us. Needs to handle truck, RV and other things we may come across. It’s been a fun endeavor so far and I always enjoy an excuse to pick up new tools. The hard part will be deciding which ones stay behind … I’m assuming I won’t have much use for a cordless framing nailer while living in an RV.

I’m using the DeWalt ToughSystem2 boxes .. similar to how @stufarmer has his stuff setup.

A while ago I did finally pickup a cordless impact and recently got some more tools in .. felt like Christmas.

8A38B116-90A4-49EA-B4DB-28E84D72C9BB.jpegFDDAF806-3E95-4CB3-82C5-76963CDEFB07.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of these Snap-On cantilever boxes:

I set one up specific to what I'm doing, whether its taking the kids dirt biking or going camping or w/e.

I got used to having them set up at work (I used to work on mining shovels, office stuff now) and having them set up to specific jobs.

Anyways, they're very tough, I've seen them fall out of the back of a service truck and tumble down a road and still work.

1641401068322.png

Yes got a couple small ones too they run great all the time.
Cool, those saws are absolute beasts... I have a smaller Stihl (211) and a 50cc Echo (4910) that serve me well, but if I ever need something more it will probably be a 362.

Back