Tools. Let’s talk tools.

It finally came :love:

UxNlC8X.jpg

I have this, https://morrflate.com/shop/morrflate-accessories/morrflate-digital-gauge/
And I have their FiveSix pump with a two tire hose kit.
Everything works well!
This was from a group buy several months back.

They also have an inflator with gauge, https://morrflate.com/shop/morrflate-multi-tire-air-kits/morrflate-single-tire-inflator-shops/
Those are good. I went with the inDeflate and have been happy with it, although more than just a gauge:

Ok, dumb question. My old Bosch, powercord-powered drill died. I have a 20 DeWalt 3/8 battery powered Impact Driver and all the related sockets and stuff. I want a DeWalt drill so that I can utilize the same batteries. But do I go with a 3/8 or 1/2 inch cordless drill? I honestly I have no idea why I would choose one over the other. Give me a hint why 3/8 or 1/2?

Ok, dumb question. My old Bosch, powercord-powered drill died. I have a 20 DeWalt 3/8 battery powered Impact Driver and all the related sockets and stuff. I want a DeWalt drill so that I can utilize the same batteries. But do I go with a 3/8 or 1/2 inch cordless drill? I honestly I have no idea why I would choose one over the other. Give me a hint why 3/8 or 1/2?
1/2" drill. Alot of larger drill bits have a reduced 1/2" shank. Even the M12 Fuel small drill comes standard with a 1/2" chuck now. A hammerdrill is also beneficial if you can only have one drill..

I agree, the 1/2” chuck is the more versatile option and can be installed on most 3/8” drills if you don’t need/ want a more capable larger, heavier drill.

With your current DeWalt tool/ battery inventory, this looks like a good option. 1/2” drill performance in a 3/8” drill package.

I chose Hilti several years back.
At the time, I was fed up with the wobbly chucks on the DeWalt and Milwaukee drills at work. I’d imagine they’re better now…

Check out their warranty!

Made the move to Wera hand tools through KC Tools 6 years ago. Hard to beat!

IMG_1015.jpeg

Woodworking, homesteading, gunsmithing, and a little automotive/tractor maintenance here and there. The driver bits work fantastic with power drills. Bit holders never let go. The yellow/black screw drivers in this photo are made for impacts, so you can hit them with a hammer.

Can vouch for Wera wrenches and sockets too. The hammer ratchet has been a go-to for breaking lug nuts free, hammering tent spikes, beating on tractor implement attachments, and making adjustments on the lumber mill. It is amazing how versatile this thing is from being a blunt instrument to a precision adjuster.

Knipex is another European brand worth looking at for adjustable wrenches, pliers, and other tools for gripping/cutting.

Been using these alot lately after picking them up. Used one today to modify a locking lug nut key that didn't have a through hole for my M14 lug studs to pass through. Drilled a 1/2" hole, and then used the burr to open up the ID.

Last edited:
Back