Sun Visor Decals

I bet if you gave him dimensions you'd get a set cut too the size you want. I'd ask.

I don't have a sunroof though :(

Let me know what you can cook up for me.
I have been thinking about what to do in your situation. Granted, I don't know the size and positioning of your tag but what if you have a dark tinted eyebrow placed on the windshield, wrap your tag in vinyl (like we did on our tailgate handle) or electrical tape and then use a double sided tape to "adhere" the tag up behind your tinted eyebrow. When I did my eyebrow, my radar detector is not visible front the outside of the truck. This may or may not work for you but just throwing out the idea.

I bet if you gave him dimensions you'd get a set cut too the size you want. I'd ask.
Yep, I bet we could make something work

I just used a hair dryer on mine , to heat up the glue holding the stickers on and used a pair of fine needle nose pliers . Then once the first corner is up I just took it slow while peeling away, 10 or 15 minutes max

I just used a hair dryer on mine , to heat up the glue holding the stickers on and used a pair of fine needle nose pliers . Then once the first corner is up I just took it slow while peeling away, 10 or 15 minutes max
Good deal, I used this method with a heat gun on our Expedition and I was able to remove them as well. What bothered me (and my wife!) was the uneven texture that was left behind and I guess with my OCD tendencies, I like everything to symmetrical and uniform. It may be completely different on the SD but I didn't have the balls to try!

My concern would be it wouldn't coke off in one piece.

My concern would be it wouldn't coke off in one piece.
Here is a pic of the wife's car, she is still not super happy that I experimented with her car. It is not overly visible during the day but when the light hits it right, it looks like this. I even used adhesive remover and it is not sticky, I just can't get the fabric to return to "normal"
IMG_0468.jpg

Here is a pic of the wife's car, she is still not super happy that I experimented with her car. It is not overly visible during the day but when the light hits it right, it looks like this. I even used adhesive remover and it is not sticky, I just can't get the fabric to return to "normal"View attachment 131177
Just put your custom overlays over it. Thats funny, "I'll just try this on the wife's car first"!

Just put your custom overlays over it. Thats funny, "I'll just try this on the wife's car first"!
Haha, yep , did that while I was waiting for my truck to come in! Good idea man

Haha, yep , did that while I was waiting for my truck to come in! Good idea man
Or if you really don't like the look of the overlays... I imagine you could find a custom upholstery shop to just re-skin the visors. Personally, I like the $35 option and not worth it for me to spend hundreds of $$ to get new 'clean' fabric put in. Plus, color matching to the OEM for new upholstery would also be a pain and it not matching might drive me mad as well.

Due to the fact that I have been receiving many messages concerning the Sun Visor decals, I figured it would be best to start a thread on the topic to share info. By no means did I ever think this would evolve into an area of interest on the forum but it appears many are annoyed by frivolous warning labels. Being that my truck has a black interior, the white/yellow labels drove me crazy every time I got in and it was my teenage daughter that came up with the idea of cutting some vinyl with her Cricket to cover them up. We ended up using a "shimmer black" which looks very feminine but doesn't look too bad once they are up and installed. The pattern matches our headliner fairly well and when they are in the up position and in the shadow, they nearly disappear. This has become my daughter's "business" as she is purchasing and cutting the material and I am covering the cost of shipping. We are doing these for $35 including shipping as we ship them in cardboard photo envelopes through USPS to reduce the risk of bending/creasing. One last caveat, we are a family of five with 3 kids involved in volleyball, baseball, and cheerleading so please be patient as there are many nights that we do not get home until late.
View attachment 131104
View attachment 131105

View attachment 131106
View attachment 131107
I'm in. $35 to cover those ugly, government required stickers is a deal.

I’ll take a set! Would love to cover them. I have molle panels/covers now - and it took away the mirror for my wife! Happy to support your daughter’s operation!

Here is a pic of the wife's car, she is still not super happy that I experimented with her car. It is not overly visible during the day but when the light hits it right, it looks like this. I even used adhesive remover and it is not sticky, I just can't get the fabric to return to "normal"View attachment 131177
That right there is why I haven't pulled them off.
My other car has a light camel color headliner and visors and it looked great w the decals removed until the remaining residue yellowed a few years after.

A sincere thank you to everyone who has shown interest and "placed an order" for the visor labels. Never in my life would I have thought we would be doing this when Camille received her Cricut as a Christmas present several years ago. As a father, I had the best day yesterday as we fired up the Cricut on the kitchen table, watched some great college football games, had the grill running hot, and hammered out 19 orders. The whole family was involved and being able to spend quality time with everyone is a memory I won't soon forget. A special thanks to @Dented for pushing us to start this adventure.

On a side note, my daughter is shaping up to be quite the CEO as she had no problems docking her younger brother for lackluster work ethic and performance. In the event any of you are interested, here is our Christmas card pic from last year and Camille is my daughter on the far left.

Leisch32.jpg

A sincere thank you to everyone who has shown interest and "placed an order" for the visor labels. Never in my life would I have thought we would be doing this when Camille received her Cricut as a Christmas present several years ago. As a father, I had the best day yesterday as we fired up the Cricut on the kitchen table, watched some great college football games, had the grill running hot, and hammered out 19 orders. The whole family was involved and being able to spend quality time with everyone is a memory I won't soon forget. A special thanks to @Dented for pushing us to start this adventure.

On a side note, my daughter is shaping up to be quite the CEO as she had no problems docking her younger brother for lackluster work ethic and performance. In the event any of you are interested, here is our Christmas card pic from last year and Camille is my daughter on the far left.

View attachment 131286
Beautiful family! The American dream, my friend!

As a father, I had the best day yesterday as we fired up the Cricut on the kitchen table, watched some great college football games, had the grill running hot, and hammered out 19 orders. The whole family was involved and being able to spend quality time with everyone is a memory I won't soon forget.
Sounds like a great time together! That will definitely make for wonderful memories, especially the sibling "interaction" 😊. What sister wouldn't want to get one over on her younger brother?? Of course, I come from a family with an older sister so I still may show scars... 😂

Sounds like a great time together! That will definitely make for wonderful memories, especially the sibling "interaction" 😊. What sister wouldn't want to get one over on her younger brother?? Of course, I come from a family with an older sister so I still may show scars... 😂
Haha, you know it! Never a shortage of sarcastic comments and one liners for sure.

Back