Stock Tremor Wandering Issue

CypherAZ

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-250 7.3L Tremor Carbonized Gray
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but it seemed most relevant.

Stock 7.3L Lariat Tremor, loaded or unloaded the truck seems to wander in the land all the time at variable speeds. Requires the drive to constantly be making steering adjustments. Anyone else experience this or know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

What's you mileage? Some say it takes a few k to get the tires broke in.

What's you mileage? Some say it takes a few k to get the tires broke in.
800 miles....she really just sits in the garage unless we are camping, I WFH full time.

800 miles....she really just sits in the garage unless we are camping, I WFH full time.
Time to remortgage the house and make a few round trips to Flagstaff to get those tire broke in. ;)

Stock 7.3L Lariat Tremor, loaded or unloaded the truck seems to wander in the land all the time at variable speeds. Requires the drive to constantly be making steering adjustments. Anyone else experience this or know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!
Same here! The tires make sense, thanks for posting.

Thanks in advance!
Key for me was lowering the tire pressure. I am currently at 50psi cold at all four corners, only have 3100miles, and no wandering issues...

Key for me was lowering the tire pressure. I am currently at 50psi cold at all four corners, only have 3100miles, and no wandering issues...
I'll give this a try as well, the dealership set it to 60/70 and I just left it based on the sticker.

Do you think adaptive steering has anything to do with it? I didn’t put it on mine and was wondering about that…

I'll give this a try as well, the dealership set it to 60/70 and I just left it based on the sticker.
Yes, that is done max payload. If you're not there you do not need that high of tire pressure.

Do you think adaptive steering has anything to do with it? I didn’t put it on mine and was wondering about that…
I personally do not think so. I thought at higher speed the ratio was the same - AS only impacting low speed to have less input for maneuvers...

Thanks in advance!
This is the first thing folks notice when they pick up their truck. The tires require a 500 to 1000 mile break in. Regardless, lower your pressure to 55-60 psi all around and it will go away almost immediately. I drive mine on the interstate and county roads with one thumb hooked over the bottom of the wheel.

You can change the TPMS alarm limits in the system with Forscan programming. Many other useful changes make the Forescan investment well worth the money and effort. But that's a dozen other threads.

I have the same wandering issue, I feel like a shitty driver hahaha. I thought maybe it was the adaptive steering but I will try lowering the pressure on the tires to see if that helps. I have about 2700 miles on the truck, and I installed the Carli Pintop and it still seems to wander a bit...although to a lesser extent then when the truck was new.

Thanks in advance!
What kind of vehicle are you coming out of? I understand what you are referring to with the float, but the roads and letting the tires break in will help.

Interesting. Early on, I noted what felt like the rear end "sliding out", just a bit on tighter, low speed turns. Not an actual slip, almost like what I suspect a rear steer vehicle might feel like. I now have +/- 2,500 miles and I've not noticed it, lately. So it could well be the tires just needing to get the "new" knocked out of them....;)

What kind of vehicle are you coming out of? I understand what you are referring to with the float, but the roads and letting the tires break in will help.
Previous vehicle was a 3.5EB F-150.

Depending on your wheel setup, there was a little getting used to the ride difference. As others have mentioned, airing down will help as well.

Last edited:
I came from an EcoBoost Crewcab F150 as well. The ride and handling is definitely different but lowering pressure was a step in the right direction. I think actually the rear is more critical since the factory setting is so high.

Some people claim the caster is too low from the factory as well

It’s not you. Wanders like a drunken sailor in port. First set of tires I’ve ever had to “break in”. Swapped steering stabilzer and rear sway bar. Minimal help. Most noticeable change is tire pressure. I’ve settled at 55 psi cold all around. Much better ride.

Interesting comment on caster. Dealt with it on a lifted FJ40 that required shims to increase caster. Or else it wandered with every crack in the road.

It got slightly better after 1k-2k mi, then got a little better still after lowering the psi to 55 all around. Still not as good as I want. I've heard that wider tires help, so I'm going to 37x12.5x18 Toyo AT3s after the Duratracs wear out (23K currently). If it is still wandering after that, I'm planning on a steering stabilizer.

Back