Starship 13/14

I grew up with a father who was an aeronautical engineer in the 60-70's.

He worked skunk works development for a long time. Including the SR71
Ive been lucky. I saw Apollo 8, 11 and 13 launch from VIP seating. The roll out of the first Boeing 747 (he was on the first public flight)

Had lunch with Chuck Yeager, Neil Armstrong and Bob Hoover.

Good friends with Dick Ruttan for years.


He also owned a Kawasaki Dealership in the 70's so I got to hang with the big boys in MX and desert racing at the time. Got a ride with Ivan Stewart in an old class 8 truck...

I may be old but ive had some good memories.
This is awesome! I visited the Houston center once with a VIP pass, go to see a lot of stuff that normal visitors didn't see, been right next to the "pool", talked with the astronauts, etc. I've been intrigued by space and astronomy (amateur) for years. I remember when Sputnik launched and remembered Telstar, our first satellite. My parents, grandparents, and several neighbors were out in the yard looking up to see if we could see it. (We had no idea... :ROFLMAO: )
Remember the Telstar music?
 
actual max speed has not been declassified.

not official but there are reports of mach 3.5+

awesome

next crazy
satellite & photo technology making them obsolete
I don’t doubt it was higher. For one, it was able to outrun SAMs in Libya that travel at M5 or so. Not that it was a drag race, but still.
The other thing is the final flight. Ground distance was 2300ish miles. I’m no math whiz, but at 80000 feet, it’s more. Add in the originating and final destinations didn’t allow for M+ travel due to population density. It also didn’t make the final approach at M+ speeds. Still, it only took an hour.
Funny thing- because of the heat generated by air friction, the plane leaked fuel on the ground.
 
seeping fuel before it gets warmed up

Screenshot_20260726_211658_Chrome.webp


amazing aircraft
 
Oh you have to go for sure! I am overdue, the last one I was at in person was Apollo 17.
tremor meet-up
rocket launch watch

nasa or spaceX or both

that would be awesome!!!!!
 
Orbit achieved and Starlink satellites are being deployed.
Fricken awesome.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom