PPE Transmission Pan Options for the 6.7

I'm all for doing this in my garage myself, but then y'all brought up these clips and now I'm not so motivated to do it.
You can do 5 of the clips easy peasy when you drop the pan. Its just the OCD that is forcing us to do the 6th one. haha

But wont lie it is less motivating haha
 
Question for those that have done a pan replacement on a 23+ with the 6.7:
Did you have to disconnect the trans cooler lines and cooler bracket?
For the life of me I can’t get the original pan down. It either hits the crossmember or the cooler and won’t drop down. I could probably “get it” down, but muscling it has me wondering about getting the new pan in place properly.
 
@OmahaBravo @X5Pilot so I am also sphears deep in this right now. VB is out and sitting in a plastic pan that seemed like the perfect thing when I went to Oreilly's to get some extra "just in case" Motorcraft ULV. Now that I have it sitting there, probably should have gotten this info first lol. What is the proper torque sequence for these EP12 bolts? I know the torque spec stages but what is the pattern? Also, did you torque all the EP12s on the bench first then place it back in the trans and do the 8mm ones? Or get everything hand tight, put it back in the truck and then torque it all there?

I put the stock pan back on just so it doesnt leak all over the driveway.

1791602257112.webp

1791602488650.webp



Also, @The Evil Twin my truck is a 23 and the trans cooler sat well away from the pan. didnt have to touch it.
1791602341711.webp
 
Last edited:
Tighten all bolts where you removed them. If on the bench, then on the bench Etc

BTW - dip your bolts in a bit of oil before hand threading AS FAR AS YOU CAN. If you cant thread them where they mate, do not throw a wrench on them. Take them out and figure out whats going on. They should all thread down near flush before needing tools.

1791603598690.webp
 
@OmahaBravo @X5Pilot so I am also sphears deep in this right now. VB is out and sitting in a plastic pan that seemed like the perfect thing when I went to Oreilly's to get some extra "just in case" Motorcraft ULV. Now that I have it sitting there, probably should have gotten this info first lol. What is the proper torque sequence for these EP12 bolts? I know the torque spec stages but what is the pattern? Also, did you torque all the EP12s on the bench first then place it back in the trans and do the 8mm ones? Or get everything hand tight, put it back in the truck and then torque it all there?
Oh, they're spheres alright. North of average, at least, to start a job like this without a shop manual. :ROFLMAO:
 
Oh, they're spheres alright. North of average, at least, to start a job like this without a shop manual. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you so much!! You are my savior!!
I assumed I would be able to find this online somewhere. No dice.

I reviewed your build thread for the seal alignment notes. Much appreciated there. Might try some PJ and see if its tacky enough to hold it up there.
 
. Might try some PJ and see if its tacky enough to hold it up there.
Make sure every surface is DARN clean of ATF if you're gonna try. I couldnt get PJ to work.

Best of luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom