New Tremor on Black Bear Pass and Alpine Loop

welcome to the forum & good luck getting built-put to your liking.


just courious??

did you return to hwy 550 from the pass or did you continue with the steps & switchbacks to Telluride?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: MVI
Welcome! Happy to see you over here. I’ve enjoyed your products on my Bronco and can’t wait to see what you create for the Super Duty platform.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MVI
welcome to the forum & goid luck getting built-put to your liking.


just courious??

did you return to hwy 550 from the pass or did you continue with the steps & switchbacks to Telluride?
Same question, that last switchback is a doozy coming down BB to telluride
 
Holy smokes! Welcome. You corroborate my experience, but mine was on 3D in Moab in a stock-sprung Godzilla XLT Super Duty Tremor fitted w/ four Bilstein 5160s and a Carli torsion bar (but no trailer, obviously). Tires are 37 X 11.5 X 17 on +18 8.5" wheelz... and FullTravelBags so I won't need any WDH w/ this nifty trailer:

View attachment 274381

I used Trail Turn Assist a couple of times, too.

Doubt I'll ever have the cojones to run BB Pass, though. Hats off to you!

Glad to have you aboard! Cheers.
Good looking setup. I don't want to insult your trailer towing experience, but I greatly prefer pulling trailers this size with a good anti-sway WDH over a normal hitch. It really smooths things out. The anti-sway alone is worth it in my experience. I like the ride quality of the WDH. They definitely don't need it for the sag, though. Your setup looks perfect!

That picture is in Moab, right? Right off of 191?

As for Black Bear Pass, there is only one tricky part and you just need to be steady and stay on the right line. Other than that, it's just amazing scenery.
 
Last edited:
Welcome! I've been wanting to do the Alpine Loop for a while, but didn't know if it was too narrow for the Super Duty. Any issues with Colorado pin stripes?
Not on Black Bear or Alpine Loop. They're pretty well travelled.
 
welcome to the forum & goid luck getting built-put to your liking.


just courious??

did you return to hwy 550 from the pass or did you continue with the steps & switchbacks to Telluride?
I was solo on this trip and not familiar with the tight turning of the Tremor just yet, so rather than be a trail plug, I decided to head back to the Ouray side rather than tempt fate on the switchbacks. However, Black Bear is 100% the reason I decided on a Tremor and it was 100% for this one turn right here. This was from our last employee ride where I was guiding the guys around the tightest turn. My fear with the SD Tremor is that the inside tire will unload and not have enough traction to stick since the road is a little cambered into the turn. I'm definitely going to try it, but I want another vehicle in front of me in case we need to drag the front end around a little.

 
Welcome! Happy to see you over here. I’ve enjoyed your products on my Bronco and can’t wait to see what you create for the Super Duty platform.
That's great! Thanks! Are you the one who suggested this forum? One of our customers did, but I don't recall where I saw that.
 
That's great! Thanks! Are you the one who suggested this forum? One of our customers did, but I don't recall where I saw that.
No sir that wasn't me but glad you are here. Your Super Duty showed up on a post a few days ago and I got excited to see what you have in store for us...
 
No sir that wasn't me but glad you are here. Your Super Duty showed up on a post a few days ago and I got excited to see what you have in store for us...
Ah! Small world. Thanks! Lots of cool things coming!

I'll have a post on the socials going out tomorrow showing some new F-150 stuff. We'll have Super Duty versions of all of that stuff, and more, coming shortly after Raptor Rally.
 
Same question, that last switchback is a doozy coming down BB to telluride
Was this answered. I've been down it in a Toyota and always wonder how much bed side damage that one rock would do to a SD on that right hand switch back.


On edit: saw the reply.
 
I was solo on this trip and not familiar with the tight turning of the Tremor just yet, so rather than be a trail plug, I decided to head back to the Ouray side rather than tempt fate on the switchbacks. However, Black Bear is 100% the reason I decided on a Tremor and it was 100% for this one turn right here. This was from our last employee ride where I was guiding the guys around the tightest turn. My fear with the SD Tremor is that the inside tire will unload and not have enough traction to stick since the road is a little cambered into the turn. I'm definitely going to try it, but I want another vehicle in front of me in case we need to drag the front end around a little.

the trick is get out of 4x4 mode around the switchbacks. this allows the truck to turn & not push.

trail trun assist is the 2nd trick. if you have it??? i don't on my 2020.

it's still doable though!!!


these 1st & 2nd pics were taken with the truck in the same spot

how much room ya need???
🤣😂🤣😂🤣
IMG_9115.webp
IMG_9116.webp


what got me more than the steps or the switchbacks was 2 tight spots. when i was making sure i didn't hug too far right & the road was crumbling under my left rear tire. that was a little bit of a pucker moment 🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣
IMG_9079.webp
20220805_111207.webp
 
the trick is get out of 4x4 mode around the switchbacks. this allows the truck to turn & not push.

trail trun assist is the 2nd trick. if you have it??? i don't on my 2020.
Yep, Trail Turn Assist on this one. I'm not worried about trying it, I have been through it quite a bit in other vehicles, I just don't want to block the trail if something doesn't work. I have been stuck on the top of the trail while that part of the trail was closed. I don't want to be that guy. https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/black-bear-pass-southern-colorado-closed-kia-telluride-stuck/
 
Yep, Trail Turn Assist on this one. I'm not worried about trying it, I have been through it quite a bit in other vehicles, I just don't want to block the trail if something doesn't work. I have been stuck on the top of the trail while that part of the trail was closed. I don't want to be that guy. https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/black-bear-pass-southern-colorado-closed-kia-telluride-stuck/
where that car is & how it got there is pretty scary!!!!!

plain dumb on top of that!!!!!

only explanation i can see is someone needed by? they pulled over in a bad spot & couldn't back out & no one helped them get out?????
 
Back
Top Bottom