Music

got tickets to see him in a small venue in a few weeks. Hadn't ever heard of him until a few months ago. Looking forward to it

Rolling Stones @ NRG Stadium last night was a great show. I can only hope to have 1/2 of Micks energy when/if I make it to my 80's.
This show was sponsored by AARP, it was freaking cool to see all the grey hair, bald heads and receding hair lines. I felt right at home :).

Slipknot killed it at Sick New World.

Attachments

• 20240427_213520_1_1_1.mp4
    29.5 MB

No concerts on the schedule for the near future. Do have Australian Pink Floyd in August though.

Every now and again I will hear a {usually a simpler} version that makes me totally appreciate a previously overlooked gem of a song.

Two examples below...

Music starts at about 1:51 here.

Or these two guys in a pizza shop...

Or these two guys in a pizza shop...
I don't think I've ever heard a cover of Toto's Africa that I don't like. Leo Moracchioli does a fantastic metal version.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever heard a cover of Toto's Africa that I don't like. Leo Moracchioli does a fantastic metal version.

YES. So good. Love that cover. Also love their metal cover of Dance Monkey!

Here's a girl you might like. Yasmine kills it on the vocals. WARNING: Only for my brothers of heavy deathcore. Coming to Vegas May 26th, Chaos & Carnage tour.

1000009022.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a girl you might like. Yasmine kills it on the vocals. WARNING: Only for my brothers of heavy deathcore. Coming to Vegas May 26th, Chaos & Carnage tour.

View attachment 154424
Oh ya, that’s way too heavy for me lol.

A big part of why I enjoy the covers above is that Hannah’s voice cuts through and lightens it. I love the contrast. Same with Evanescence.

I've been experiencing some different styles and artists. If you want some chill tunes give this lady a listen.

An example of a more electronic style, her acoustic stuff is way nicer.

I've been experiencing some different styles and artists. If you want some chill tunes give this lady a listen.

An example of a more electronic style, her acoustic stuff is way nicer.

Oh that is chill. I'm here for it.

View attachment 154424
Been on a nostalgic thrash/skate metal kick lately after hearing a D.R.I. tune. In general tho, I'm more into punk (traditional or hc) or stoner doom type metal. That said, I saw Avatar (the band, not the movie) at a real small venue over in East STL not long ago. My ears were ringing for days after that one. Great spot. It's a total dump and it shares a parking lot w/a few strip clubs. Saw GWAR there around the same time too.

Been on a nostalgic thrash/skate metal kick lately after hearing a D.R.I. tune. In general tho, I'm more into punk (traditional or hc) or stoner doom type metal. That said, I saw Avatar (the band, not the movie) at a real small venue over in East STL not long ago. My ears were ringing for days after that one. Great spot. It's a total dump and it shares a parking lot w/a few strip clubs. Saw GWAR there around the same time too.

Yeaaaaaah buddy! Last year, I decided to celebrate Cinco de Mayo all weekend and saw Avatar on May 6th.

1000009064.jpg

I really don't remember that weekend.

1000009065.jpg

Yeaaaaaah buddy! Last year, I decided to celebrate Cinco de Mayo all weekend and saw Avatar on May 6th.

View attachment 154636

I really don't remember that weekend.

View attachment 154637
Fk yeah! That line up must've made a great show. I wouldn't hesitate on tix to see Orbit Culture if they came thru here.

This guitar/looper player goes by the name Dovydas. An incredible guitar soloist but his claim to fame is his impromptu guests that offer to sing or play on stage with him. This session was with a lady named Sara Spicer and my favorite version of Tennessee Whiskey ever. Enjoy.

Back